AMPERO - Firmware Wish List / Bug List

Started by admin, February 23, 2019, 01:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HotoneAmpero/?source_id=332063650899355

Bóta László Balázs wrote)

1. Make delay trail ON by default for all models

2. Leave the expression settings for the fx group unchanged, even if the type of effect in the fx group is changed to something else

3. Make possible to copy multiple IR's at the same time and make available to import not only IR's with 24bit/44.1kHz (most of my IR files are not compatible)

4. Eliminate the gap between switching presets

5. Refine the wah effects

6. Add a whammy

7. Give us a list with compatible expression pedals (it works with my Zoom FP02M, but only with a mono cable)

8. Make it possible to use the 3 patch pedals to switch any effect on/off

9. Make it possible to set up the 2 output sides independently with cabinets/IR's or one side without cab simulation

10. Customise the home screen. E.g. instead of showing P001-1, would like to see my renamed patch name in big format

11. There's a silent, but annoying high pitch noise on gainier settings - edit: have reduced the input signal in global settings and it's OK now

12. The editor is too small - make it full screen

13. IR's name don't show up in the editor after restarting the editor

14. The tuner works between 435-445Hz. That's a pity, because many of us like to experiment with different tunings. I personally tune to 432 Hz. A range between 430-450 would be great.

15. Expression 1 is set up as a volume pedal by default. I would rather choose other functions. For example to have a whammy or wah in one mode and to control other effect parameters (maximum 4 is possible by now) after pressing the expression footswitch.

16. By pressing any footswitch in edit mode, EXIT to home screen (just as on my Digitech rp360xp)

17. I would like to have a preamp boost for solos (as in the Boss gt1) and the possibility to change from a clean amp to another high gain amp on the fly with the CTRL switch (Boss gt1 does offer it)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/897615663776405/?sorting_setting=RECENT_ACTIVITY
18. AMPERO FACEBOOK GROUP  - Its useless with NO ability for AMPERO Users to Share Patch files or URL links
- too much  "This post goes against our Community Standards on spam" - for me

admin

https://forum.guitarplayer.ru/index.php?topic=406036.45

Germán Utesá Martínez
Apparently yes. They say in the next firmware. In principle to move the blocks of effects, but I think that already put to it should also leave the blocks free; that is, block I, Block II, etc... and that it could be assigned to each of them the effect that Want freely. Unlike in the mooer here there are no physical buttons assigned to each block, therefore being able to assign any effect to any block should not be a problem.

admin

AMPERO - Firmware Wish / Bug report List (May 2, 2019)

While Ampero is a cost effective tool today - there remain a few issues /bugs / features we wish for ( May 2, 2019)

* Working ASIO Driver for Windows

* Update Firmware to allow changing effects order ( I want reverb block first in line for vintage surf tones)

* For any patch, add a "StompBox FX on/off mode - where existing foot switches can toggle individual FX on/off
(at present you need an external MIDI CC# footswitch to accomplish this ( Morningstar MC6)

* ( because I understand there is one common stereo DAC feed both 1/4" and XLR outputs )
Update Firmware to allow for CAB IR = Left Outputs , no Cab IR = Right Outputs (like Mooer GE-200)

*  Provide MIDI over USB Program Change command transmission - then third party USB Host to MIDI Adapters could be employed to allow Ampero to change patches on H9 Max

Data Leak wrote>

I have sent this mail to service@hotoneaudio.com on 2 May. I am on FW V2.1. Dear Hotone,
After 2 days testing the Ampero i have the following thoughts:
1- Make the order of the blocks adjustable and chooseable. Sometimes I need two PEQ's and want my Noise Surpressor on another spot
2- The tuner could be more secure/faster respnding
3- Please add some extra User Cab IR slots.
4- Editor; please show everywere the continues number of bank/patches like on the unit self.
5- Editor; please let the screen size be adjustable. Hope it will inspires Hotone for some extra achievements.

Because I have some trouble with the Amp block I decide to sent Hotone these suggestions: - Give the signal more warmth.
- Enhance the clarity of separate strings and solo notes or reduce background noise.
- Dial out some annoying higher frequencies and squirels.
- Introduce a SAG knob and Negative Feedback knob to control string attack and amp responsiveness.

- Please solve the immediate compression effect when switching to a patch with a compressor in the signal chain. In other words the selected patch signal is copmpressed even before you hit the strings. This effect is greatly more evident when you turn, under Global settings I/O, the input signal down.

If this is possible it would be a game changer for the Ampero.

admin

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HotoneAmperoUsers/
Roberto Cailotto wrote>
I have find a issue with rate of Phase90.
In the pceditor the value is 0-30 but by the board is 1/2-10. When I edit rate the ampero crash.
Please hotone solves this problem. Thanks.

slaggi

ability to choose cabsim on/off for the unbalanced and balanced Outputs individually.

carlb

ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

slaggi

isn´t that just a software thing ? where do you know ?

carlb

Quote from:  slaggi on May 02, 2019, 11:41:18 PM
ability to choose cabsim on/off for the unbalanced and balanced Outputs individually.

Quote from:  slaggi on May 03, 2019, 06:28:45 AM
isn´t that just a software thing ? where do you know ?

To have an output with cab models, and another without you would need four separate D/A converters (two for stereo 1/4", two for XLR), instead of the two that are used now.

To keep cost minimal, they opted to have the same D/A converter pair supply the signal for both 1/4" outputs and XLR outputs.

It's the equivalent of putting a stereo direct box on the 1/4" outputs.
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

admin

Quote from:  carlb on May 03, 2019, 09:31:58 AM
To have an output with cab models, and another without you would need four separate D/A converters (two for stereo 1/4", two for XLR), instead of the two that are used now.

To keep cost minimal, they opted to have the same D/A converter pair supply the signal for both 1/4" outputs and XLR outputs.

It's the equivalent of putting a stereo direct box on the 1/4" outputs.

it pays the read the latest Ampero owners Manual
(has Notes: ( see Red Text)
http://www.hotoneaudio.com/downloads/manual/Ampero/MP-100%28Ampero%29_Online%C2%A0Manual_EN_V03_1900314.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1oBoQ61qK_iaLRtY-oVzdCpdYg5bz2X3rOFyWDaT-qcG2c7FBHt-YNdKU

Currently the Cab IR can be toggled on or off globally for all outputs

Actually all output audio is sourced from the same Ampero DSP, and this DSP can "re-swizzle" the Audio Outputs (with or without Cab Sim) to either Left or Right channel   - its down to firmware implementation and this is a relevant feature request   
Quoteability to choose cabsim on/off for the unbalanced and balanced Outputs individually.

Its my understanding the same 2 channel Stereo DAC feeds both 1/4" and XLR outputs   - so I so believe its not in the cards for Ampero to achieve 1/4" output  = no cab, XLR outputs  = CAB IR

I do believe with future Ampero firmware its only possible for CAB IR   = Left Outputs , no Cab IR  = Right Outputs

( Like the Mooer GE-200 does today )

EriksonSilva

Hello guys!
This is my first post on the forum!
Firstly, I LOVE my Ampero, and it made me play A LOT lately, and it wasn't happening too much.
But I have this strange bug that I'd like you to know and see if you can or cannot replicate!
Here's the email I've sent to Hotone:

Again, another email to them and I will share it with you, so you can try and see if you "suffer" the same as I do.

The files mentioned can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Tw-zGaKtHeAWYlbOIkAcZGtptunZHEiX?fbclid=IwAR33N934DeOmzSs_QJgKFx0Z9zncj55rcEWHZvkZKsnmro3y_8fkQZbuIzE

-------------------------------------------------

...I have two more Bug reports and also some suggestions.

Bugs:

1 - I have noticed a really annoying "buzz" when engaging ANY effect right after playing a note.
You can listen to it clearly on the "Engage.mp3" file.

It's really noticeable on clean presets, not on distorted ones.

2 - When I let my guitar silent for some seconds, if the first note that I play is a loud/strong note, it will come in a lower volume than the others, almost as if it was compressed!
You can clearly listen to the difference on the "Heavy 1st.mp3" file, and it's also visible when recorded:

(see Bubble image)

Notice that all the notes that come in sequence have a really high peak, while the 1st one is oddly "smooth", and as I said, like it has some compression to it...
The samples that I have recorded (both of them) have nothing but the Amp, the Noise Gate and the Cabinet.
No compressor or anything...
I also have tried the same things with the Noise Gate turned OFF but the result was the same...
And both issues also happen with EVERYTHING turned OFF. No amps, no cabs, no nothing...

Should I be concerned or is it a known bug?
Sending my unity back would make me cry a lot haha

Now, the suggestions:

Make the search bar narrow the results without having to press the Enter key.
Ok, this is a really simple thing, but I think seeing the results coming while you are typing is easier!

Here:

(see Search image)

And I was messing here on the editor and seen that the EXP2 can be used both as EXP and Also as Footswitch, which is AWESOME!
And that made me think that if you made possible to send CC's or PC's would make our lifes easier!
For example: Having 2 extra foots that can be able to Turn effects on/off or that can send Program changes and "jump" to whatever preset that I wish, would be awesome!

And last. I think that its a bit weird that when you turn ANY effect on or off, it gives you a micro second silence.
I mean, it's ALMOST not noticeable, but it is...
Silence while changing between presets is really understandable.. But when turning anything on or off, is really not desirable!

Well, I am sorry for sending a bunch of emails, but trust me, I want this product to be the best it can be and I know you want it as well!

Thanks for now and have a nice day!

Cheers,

Erikson

-----------------------

Tell me please you can replicate that! I love unity so much that thinking of sending it back makes me really sad!

neTp0Bu4

Check please this bug:
When bass (or maybe any parameter) in Beefy Boost set to 0, then sound fully disappear in about 20 sec

big_jan

Sorry for dumb question,  but does anyone know how i can monitor USB audio from Computer to Ampero (headphones attached to ampero). I can only guitar sounds even when I select ampero as my souncard.

admin

Quote from: big_jan on July 30, 2019, 11:51:20 PM
Sorry for dumb question,  but does anyone know how i can monitor USB audio from Computer to Ampero (headphones attached to ampero). I can only guitar sounds even when I select ampero as my souncard.

works on Ipads, iPhones, Android ,

After Ampero ASIO  1.00 driver is installed  - works on Window 7

I understand Windows 10 has problems

neTp0Bu4

Quote from: big_jan on July 30, 2019, 11:51:20 PM
I choose ampero as the audio output on my PC (win 10) and I heard in the headphones the sound from both the PC and the guitar

tumad

In the looper page, make the 1st button assignable to BACK.. That would be handy