Tech 21 Power Engine Deuce Deluxe

Started by admin, January 31, 2019, 11:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Tech 21 Power Engine Deuce Deluxe
http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/powerengine/deucedeluxe.html
The Power Engine Deuce Deluxe is a pumped up version of the former Power Engine 60 Series, which was introduced back in 2001. Our original concept for a FRFR speaker cabinet specifically designed for stringed instruments evolved from an overwhelming amount of inquiries as to which amp would be best to use with a SansAmp. 

This new design offers more wattage, more controls and can be used for both guitar and bass. The Power Engine Deuce Deluxe is a powerful, lightweight solution for amplifying any direct recording device or pre-amp --analog or digital, tube or solid state-- from any manufacturer. You can take your Fly Rig/SansAmp or preamp gizmo du jour, with all those great direct sounds you've spent so much time creating, out to a gig and simply plug into the Power Engine Deuce Deluxe. You'll get all your personal settings with volume and without any coloration of the tone. So there's no need to labor over readjusting all your parameters that would otherwise be colored by a conventional amp.
The POWER ENGINE DEUCE DELUXE incorporates a feature set compatible with both guitar and bass:
Handsome 1x12 rear-ported cabinet
Capable of delivering 200 Watts of transparent power
Convenient, on-board 3-band, active EQ controls to compensate for challenging venues
Low Pass and High Pass Filters provide expanded flexibility for use with a variety of instruments with different attributes:  electric guitar and bass, as well as acoustic guitar and full range instruments such as keyboards
High impedance 1megOhm input for instruments and/or processors
XLR input and XLR output with selectable levels
Defeatable tweeter
Extension speaker output
Studio-grade 1/4-inch Headphone output
Studio-grade 1/4-inch Auxiliary input
Worldwide Power Supply
Optional Black vinyl cover with silver embroidered logo
Tech 21 Model #VC112-LM

Tech Specs
Configuration:   1 x 12", 1 x Tweeter (defeatable)
Powered:   Yes
Speakers:   Tech 21 Custom Design
Total Power:   200W
Cabinet Type:   Straight
Open/Closed Back:   Closed, rear ported
Inputs:   1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x 1/4" (aux in), 1 x XLR (balanced line)
Outputs:   1 x 1/4" (extension speaker), 1 x XLR (balanced out), 1 x 1/4" (headphones)
Construction Material:   Black Vinyl
Height:   17.75"
Width:   17.75"
Depth:   17.75"
Weight:   29 lbs.
Manufacturer Part Number:   PE-200

luminous_flux

Looks very cool! I wonder what the price, and weight is.

jwoertz

Anyone using the Deuce Deluxe with a GT-1000? I am trying to use one cab and one GT-1000 for electric, bass and acoustic.

NoTime

I have one, just practiced in my house and it sounds huge,
but until the next week I can not practice with the band,
I will try to review it later

JustinH

I bought a Tech 21 Power Engine Deuce Deluxe several months ago, and it has largely been a disappointment for my purposes.  There are places where it has gotten rave reviews, which led me to purchase it.  The good about it is that it is very loud, has a lot of bass (actually makes a good bass amp), and is very well built.  The problem for me is that it isn't anywhere near a flat response.  I was hoping for something that would produce a sound similar to what I would be sending to the house PA, and this sounds more like a bass-heavy guitar amp, even with the tweeter on.  You can get a little closer to a flat response with significant EQ, but not close enough to be useful.  I spent some time with a spectrum analyzer and 10 band eq trying to get a good flat response sound out of it, but could not get a satisfying sound reproduction.

I suppose that most of those who like this amp like it because the it has more bass than most guitar amps, and a tweeter.  It colors sound significantly, which could be a bonus for some guitar sounds.  But if you are looking for something that can produce a sound similar to what you will hear in PA speakers, this is not the amp for you.

I bought an Electro-Voice PXM-12MP and it is a whole different ball game.  Much more rich and detailed and accurate sound re-production.

Some of you might love the Tech 21.  But just a warning for those who want a true frfr:  it isn't even close!  Get a PA speaker or monitor and you will be much happier.

Justin

admin