Fishman TriplePlay Connect - Guitar to MIDI over USB converter with iPad app.

Started by admin, January 25, 2019, 05:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Quote from: Smash on April 22, 2019, 07:22:34 PM
Don't want connect - just want the app!

They could release app in advance for existing FTP users :)

Premature release Full of bugs serves nobody

Smash

Quote from: admin on April 22, 2019, 07:24:51 PM
Premature release Full of bugs serves nobody

Unless it's GT1000?  :P

Serious note do you think it's been put back due to software rather than hardware production?

Vaultnaemsae

Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

alancarl

Quote from: Smash on April 22, 2019, 07:22:34 PM
Don't want connect - just want the app!

I have 5 FTP's if you count the OEM versions I have in 3 guitars and I cannot say enough how much I want the wired version!
I stopped all of my work with the FTP (Including a 95% working IOS editor built in MIDI Designer Pro) when I started to experience problems that were due to wireless flakiness in hi-density RF environments like concerts:-0
Wireless is nice for my living room but not a good leg to stand on in front of a crowd of people.

I hope we have the new setup soon as I have been looking for the perfect guitar MIDI interface for a long time!
Thanks,
Al

Blueswaite

Yes it would be nice if they would release the iPad software
Thanks

admin

I expect Fishman TriplePlay Connect to be released July 18  - at 2019 Summer NAMM Booth #  933
https://www.namm.org/summer/2019/attend

kenact

Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

merman93

I have been unable to find current list of OEM Triple Play guitars. My salesperson at Sweetwater told me the Fender Strat TP guitar, Godin Studio TP, and Montreal have all been discontinued, and the O'Reilly Triple Play had been discontinued when I bought mine at STEEP discount may years ago. (BTW, O'Reilly new propriatary midi guitar is really cool)

Have no other OEM manufacturers stepped up to fill the void? It seems Fishman has no plans to sell any type of internal kit Or piezo pickup, to the public, and we are back to square one with only the body stick on units.
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (GK KIT)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
Hamer Phantom A7 (24 pin)
BX 13 (24 -13 pin converter)
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: merman93 on July 13, 2019, 06:32:13 AM
I have been unable to find current list of OEM Triple Play guitars. My salesperson at Sweetwater told me the Fender Strat TP guitar, Godin Studio TP, and Montreal have all been discontinued, and the O'Reilly Triple Play had been discontinued when I bought mine at STEEP discount may years ago. (BTW, O'Reilly new propriatary midi guitar is really cool)

Have no other OEM manufacturers stepped up to fill the void? It seems Fishman has no plans to sell any type of internal kit Or piezo pickup, to the public, and we are back to square one with only the body stick on units.

I believe you are correct - I can't find any OEM FTP guitars any more.  However, the internal kit is still available through Fishman dealers (only confirmed luthiers can order this part), so you can have it retrofitted to essentially any guitar.  It's a delicate process that I don't recommend attempting unless you're a skilled luthier.

Having said that, TP Connect may have some performance advantages and perhaps that is the one to build into a guitar.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

admin

The used channel is the current source for guitars with  built in Fishman Tripleplay

Some dealers may still have that Godin Montreal Jazz Box with piezo bridge for internal OEM tripleplay

The Fender Tripleplay Strat was only in production 18 months - ended 2015. And Godin  has not had an OEM  Tripleplay on display at NAMM since 2017.   

admin

But Tripleplay is far from dead

Next week at Summer NAMM Nashville (where guitar remains a popular idium)  I understand the

Fishman Tripleplay Connect 

will be formally released.

check Apple iTunes store each week for "Fishman" for the ipad app

whippinpost91850

I have a FTP Strat for sale for $600 W/ all software on the fender USB stick. I bought it to do a Lefty conversion, but just don't have the time. Only played once. Small ding on side.. Paul

TG

App is out in uk store.
Been having some fun exploring!
;)

+
not all links from this page are live yet...
https://www.fishman.com/connect/

admin

Open a World of Sound & Creativity
The TriplePlay Connect app is the engine that allows you to play a broad palette of virtual instruments on your iPad. Combined with a TriplePlay Connect controller and your guitar... the only limit is your imagination.
Use your guitar to mix like a DJ
Arpeggiate sounds & create chords from single notes
Customize your sounds and save your own Combis
Map loops and audio files to any fret on your guitar
Audiobus 3 and Inter-app audio capability

admin

The new Tripleplay Connect IPad app works will all existing  Tripleplay guitars too.

TG

It does but for the wireless model (the original, with dongle in cck) you need to purchase in app to use it.
£20 to unlock

Smash

Downloaded.

You need to "buy" Tripleplay wireless access for 19.99

You can explore it woth your fingers and check out the sounds.

I'd equate it to a stripped down Sampletank. The stuff you want from the PC app is all there but the sounds aren't great so you'd want to send out the data to other synths (Not sure if possible).

It loads projects rather than patches so no PC controlled patch changes on the fly.

Not sure whether it's worth 20 to get access to the main PC features. Im in a much better place with MIDIflow, AUM and various synths I already have so unlikely I'll pay to unlock.

For someone new to MIDI guitar it's a good, hassle free addition to Connect pup that's pretty intuitive but I'd expect them to outgrow it quite quickly.

Rolloq

Where in the Fishman TriplePlay Connect  app do i make the payment of 20 dollar?

Rolloq

Edit: Found out how to do it. :-X

Vaultnaemsae

Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

Rolloq

It seems that there is no way to configure external synthesizers with Tp connect Ipad app and fc-1?

Rolloq

kevorkian

Haven't installed the iOS app yet but I read through the tutorial on the Fishman site here:
https://ios.fishman.com/Connect_Tutorial/index.html

And I see no mention of Hardware Mode or any MIDI configuration options in the app settings?

Hoping that they haven't omitted these features...

mdortona

Just using my fingers with the app, I was able to trigger other soft synths using AU3 via Connect. After 30 mins of simply messing around , I agree that this looks like a simplified wired FTP with a baby SampleTank, plus a looper and FC1 control support. The iPad now replaces your computer.

Was genuinely hoping that I could use Connect to trigger the iPad softsynths in lieu of dragging the GR55 to gigs or even maybe just bring a single rack synth to trigger.  I know the full FTP can do this in hardware mode but then I would either need to bring the computer along or get a Kenton or Iconnectmidi box plus a foot switch to change patches. Totally defeats the downsizing idea. Oh well, the GR55 survives another hairbrained idea!🤪

Unless I'm totally wrong about the Connect having a hardware mode.

admin

I belive its pilot error

The new app provides setup but is not required for tripleplay to trigger any IOS synth app.

Been doing that since 2014

Details

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8427.0

Also to use third party hardware synth, Connect 5 pin DIN MIDI cable from FC1 MIDI OUT  to any 5 pin DIN MIDI Tone module / keyboard synth