Started by admin, September 14, 2018, 09:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

"Sasquatch" at TGP is Angelo Mazzocco - the DSP  guru from Meris
his posts are valuable :
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?members/sasquatch.4769/
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27122063/
Quoteaisling said: ↑
Ok, coffee talk, bs, and self congratulatory rhetoric aside, I just spent few hours for the first time playing with Enzo. It's a rabbit hole of muse and inspiration. Tracks great with an LP, and stacks well with other pedals. There is a learning curve and it seems like midi with expression is a must (I don't have that implemented). I've spent the most time in arp mode trying to get arpeggiated "rain drops", for a quick pattern I was playing with the top 3 strings. I found that I stumbled into fantastic accidental musicality, but was having a hard time returning to the exact sound after twiddling and modulating other parameters. I connected my mercury 7 and the tones are amazing. I prob made a little mistake in that I've only had my mercury for 2 weeks, and am still learning it. It's easy to get lost in sonic space, but I really want to to be able to command my modulation and not be at the mercy of an accidental tonality. I'm gonna now add the polymoon to the party and keep playing around. No doubt midi is a must. My hope is to get something I can replicate for my weekly jam with a bass player ( who uses polymoon and mercury 7 also) and drummer I play with on Thursday. Also hoping to record and post an example of it and them in a band mix.

Angelo wrote>
So glad you have one! You're right, much like when you buy a new keyboard, it takes a couple weeks to fully master it. I really like when Stefan says this at the end of ThePedalZone video (and I'm paraphrasing) "The only thing to keep in mind... is that every mode (of the Enzo) is an instrument... and they all react differently to your playing. So you need to learn how to master and get the best out of every single one of them"

Like any new gear, it takes time; and we will be around to help explain the parameters and settings. If you have access to midi, it is a great way to get used to the Enzo. I spent a lot of care crafting the 16 presets to help you get some starting spots in the broad range of sounds that the Enzo can do.

Also, the Sustain knob is crucial in matching the response to your playing. I have Sustain on mine set to max or near max more often than not.

Enzo's was not designed to emulate or replicate any specific instrument of the past, we wanted it to stand on its own and contribute something new while simultaneously honoring our favorites.

QuoteAngelo-
Thank you for the reply and feedback. Yes, it will require time and intention, which is counter to today's easily distracted and on to the next, mentality. Every mode is exactly as you mention, an instrument in it's own right. I found that, just focusing on Enzo without the Polymoon and mercury 7, was a more effective use of learning it, even though I wanted to pretend I was doing a meris promo/demo vid. I'm going to spend more time today, and try to integrate either just the polymoon, or the mercury 7, and continue to build. Midi will be my next move. What would you recommend for a 3 pedal (prob eventually get the otto also at later date) meris noob.
Thank you so much for the amazing musical products, Meris fanboy here for life!

Thanks. Is there any particular midi switcher Meris would recommend? I plan on getting the meris Midi I/O.

Angelo wrote>

The Morningstar MC6 is a great match for the Meris MIDI I/O. It gives you full control over each button, and really lets you decide for yourself how each footswitch should work. They even provide a very well done web interface to program it. Just connect the MC6 to your computer, and the editor just works in a browser window. Nothing to install!

You probably already know this, but the Meris MIDI I/O lets you daisy chain our pedals together so that they can talk to each other, providing both input and output. Having MIDI Output is extremely handy and lets you back up presets to your laptop or tablet. Good choice!  :D

QuoteBallaBalla said: ↑
can someone please educate me about the different filter types?

The words "Ladder" and "State Variable" refer to the circuit design of the filter. The filter topologies I designed are variations on those classic types. For Enzo (and this is just a generalization) the Ladder filter give you a steeper cutoff and the State Variable gives you a broader sound with a more flexible band pass, both filter types are very useful and have their own unique sounds.

Low Pass works just like the name sounds, it passes low frequencies and cuts high frequencies. High Pass lets through high frequencies and cuts the low end. Band Pass just lets through the frequencies in a narrow band (like some wah wah pedals do). A shelving band pass (or any shelving filter) lets you emphasis certain frequencies while not full cancelling the rest of the signal (think of it like a filter with a preset mix).

The Filter control on Enzo allows you to dial the cutoff point, which is where signals start getting attenuated. The Filter Envelope modifies that cutoff based on your playing. And the Bandwidth / Resonance controls the sharpness of the filter and emphasizes the frequencies near the cutoff point.

Angelo

Quoteadolan said: ↑
@Sasquatch since I have a Boss ES-8 and already have a Chase Bliss midi box filled up I guess I will have to get one of your midi boxes, question is if you guys have any experience with the ES-8 and your p
edals using an exp pedal? As I have yet to use an exp via the ES-8 since the CBA stuff has exp input as well as midi?

We don't have an ES-8 at the office, so no first hand experience, but I have helped people over the phone get set up with midi control of our pedals on the ES-8.

The MIDI on our pedals is very flexible, but also straightforward. Basically any midi foot controller that can send PCs and CCs will work. PCs are midi program change messages that are used to change presets. CCs are midi continuous controller messages and are used to change knobs and our expression pedal. Our full midi implementation for the Enzo is listed on the full manual on the Enzo product page.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27127710/

https://chaseblissaudio.com/mki-midi-specifications/

Quoteadolan said: ↑
Cool, I am not quite sure I follow you though
So I have an ES-8
I have A CBA Midi box (which all 4 inputs are in use)
Since the Meris has only 1 input for both Midi/Exp
How can I use Expression other than via the ES-8 if there is only 1 input for both functions?
Thanks for the heads up btw :)

Overdrivelover wrote>
sorry I meant that if you want midi to the Meris and are out of room with the midi box you can use a "midi to 1/4" cable" from the midi box (midi out) directly into the meris MIDI/EXP input and you don't need another midi box.

two ways to get Midi and Exp:
Source Audio Reflex sends midi expression (via cc's) without the ES-8. I can send up to three CC's and the treadle with expression them to the pedal, just put it in the Midi chain.

or with a normal expression pedal into the ES-8, and control MIDI out (via the assign) to the Meris you control any of the knobs on the Meris with Midi CCin the Meris (if I recall) Midi expression is CC# 4, and the knob range would be 0-127. so using an ASSIGN function you would Cate > Midi CC#4 with the Src > EXP1

should work fine. then you get Midi and Expression via midi. There appears to be no way to get direct expression pedal and Midi in like the CBA pedals...

Quotebranbolio said: ↑
I wonder if this would successfully replace my Digitech Ricochet pedal and comp for faux bass duties when looping? Can someone please check if it does a good clean bass impression using the pitch shift with guitar.

Hi,

Yes the Enzo pitch shifter can be used to create a bass sound from a guitar. On the Enzo product page listen to this clip "Pitch Shift Delay Envelope Filter Blend". In that clip, the first thing you hear is my dry guitar with no shift. Then I step on the Enzo to create a bass guitar sound with some echo. Next I move the expression pedal to fade out the delay and blend in an auto-wah. Finally I back off of the expression pedal to bring the delay back in.

Also, near the end of our youtube demo, I use the Enzo to (at 4:25) to create a Bass sound underneath my acoustic. In that specific sound I am also using the modulation knob to add chorus/vibrato to the bass sound.

Angelo

QuoteKennyscrown said: ↑
Just been looking at some demos. This thing is seriously deep.

One question - using dry mode, is it basically a pitch shifter? Can it do Pog like octaves, for example with the mix at 50:50 so you get the normal pitch and the octave below?

Quotenotenoughfootswitches said: ↑
As confirmed by @Sasquatch in a different thread, yes! I think that's almost an insult to Enzo's depth, to use it as simply a pitch shifter (but who am I to say such things?), but it's a way to use it all the same. Getting some serious GAS for one of these...
Angelo wrote>
Thanks for checking out the Enzo! Yes, when setting Enzo to dry mode, you get a pitch shifter with a digitally controlled analog mix (plus filtering, plus compression, plus ring mod, plus delay with modulation). The Enzo's pitch shift is using an updated version of the classic time based stretching (different than the POG method) but you are right, with the mix you can get your dry guitar with a shifted version. You can assign the pitch knob to expression control for whammy-type effects.

--

Quotehippieboy said: ↑
Hey this sounds super interesting, I might have understimated enzo's pitch shifting ability, is there a way to get different intervals, to create harmony lead sounds? ala pitch factor? if so, are there any clips of that, I'd love to change my pitch factor for this if it's able to replicate all that I do in my Pitch Factor.
adolan wrote>

I just spent the past few hours with the Pitchfactor and the Enzo comparing & making mental notes to see what it can and cant do, it isn't going to replace Diatonic,Quadravox and the pitch shifting is maybe a lil more powerful on the Eventide (in terms of what you can set) so no, it wont really replace it if you like the other things in there besides just whammy stuff. I even spent a good bit of time with the Harpeggiator to see that vs the Arp on Enzo, def different but I actually like some of the quirky stuff the Pitchfactor can do in that mode (believe me I was thinking hmm maybe I can sell this) I will say this though, the Enzo and the Thermae is an very interesting combo, just spent a few hours in that rabbit hole, hell this whole day was Enzo since I got up! :)

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27132636/
QuoteBintyTwanger77 said: ↑
Can you get a sweep of the filter without an expression pedal?

Angelo wrote>
Yes, just use the "Filter Env" knob.

This knob gives you all sorts of filter sweeps triggered directly by sensing your pick attack. Using the second layer, you can also change it from being triggered by your pick to being an envelope follower which gives you all the classic mutron-ish "Higher Ground" sounds but with way more filter types

Quotemartijn said: ↑
I hope Angelo or any of the lucky owners can confirm/refute the Pitch detection type...
Hi @martijn,

I posted this in another thread but it is worth reposting here:

The Synth features full polyphonic pitch detection when set to Poly.

The Pitch Shifter in Dry Mode features mono pitch detection, but it can also work well on chords that are consonant and not too complex. Here is an example of me playing some chords into the Enzo's pitch shifter:

www.soundcloud.com/angelo-mazzocco/enzo-pitch-bend-chords-in-dry-mode

This is recorded directly off the Enzo's outputs, and I'm just going straight into the Enzo with my dry bridge pickup.

So just to be clear, the pitch shifter is the classic time stretching technique that works best with single note lines, but also performs well with chords that are mostly comprised of 3rds, 5ths, and Octaves

Quoteaxdxm said: ↑
Loving the pedal so far but having a hell of a time getting a usable poly mode setting. Ideally Id like that Juno pad sound MikeyFam was getting in his first video.

Thanks for buying one! And I am glad you are loving it. Some tips for Poly mode: crank Sustain (I usually have Sustain at or near max when I play in Poly mode), try a slow filter attack (Filter Env at 2 or 3 o'clock), add Portamento (second layer under pitch), experiment with different filter cutoff settings using the Filter knob.

There are loads of sounds in Poly mode that I love. I think the best advice is from Stefan Fast near the end of ThePedalZone Enzo video, which summed up is, give yourself time to master each mode. They are each so different, and the controls are all interactive.

Also, if you ever get a chance to hook your Enzo up to MIDI you won't be sorry. I spent a lot of time putting together 16 presets that can get you started on your quest.

Quotecrazywisdomgear said: ↑
So I have had the Enzo for a few days, and I am going back and forth between loving it and being mystified. It has amazing sounds no doubt about it. The dry mode has some interesting sounds, as do the poly and mono sections, however I am having a hard time dialing in the arp section. It is really nuanced and I will keep on plugging away, and see what I can come up with. My main issue is that the levels are a little odd, at some points it gets out of control volume wise. I have a Suhr Bella amp, and even on 2, at some points the Enzo pumps up an outrageous amount of volume. To the point I have worried about blowing my speaker. Has anyone had any of those issues?

Angelo wrote>
To dial in the Arp sounds try putting the Sustain knob at Max (how I usually have it set). You can definitely use the Filter knob (when you've selected a lowpass filter mode) to tame any high end. Also, I find that the fast attack and fast decay settings work best for the Arp Mode, and they are found near noon on the "Filter Env" knob.

Also, Stefan is pretty good about showing how he got his settings on his Enzo youtube video for his ThePedalZone channel

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27152088/

adolan wrote>
One thing I have recently (past year or so) learned from using real analog mono synths is that you have to be aware/become aware of what you are doing that will produce the louder sounds. I have had it happen a few times where I'm like "Woah where did that come from?" It's like that thing where you are traveling with sound and then you move one knob slightly and the sounds disappear/go quiet. Real synths are a beast when you spend time with them, you can get some really loud gnarly heavy sounds that rival distortion/fuzz pedals when you find the right knob combos.

I have been messing around with this pedal and just going for it, trying everything in the ALT functions and with an Expression pedal you can change the Alt functions for Heel and Toe positions so that is a whole other level of things to remember ( this drove me kinda nuts with the Ottobit Jr and its initially why I sold it tbh) BUT I will say I have come to understand the layout/ideas behind this and it makes sense, though you have to be willing to remember what you did, and the more you do what ever it is you do, the faster you can dial in exactly what you want/need and it wont seem so daunting.

So far I am getting some really sick bizarre stuff lead and texture stuff out of the Poly/Mono section. The Arp section I love and need to spend more time with but I seem to be able to get around the ARP section pretty easily, that said I love the ARP/Seq on my OG SH-101 and SE-02 and spend hours with them creating all sorts of crazy patterns so I kind of get what that is doing. If you are completely new to how synths really work it takes a bit of time spent with them (as has been said numerous times already) really learning what each knob does, then how each knob really reacts/affects/works with other knobs. Time spent will lessen the frustrations of "WTF is this thing doing/wheres my sound going/gone?!!"

Last night I was using the Enzo in Mono mode with the Tkog Mini Glitch and the CBA Condor and that was pretty mangled and bombastic, I have never made sounds like that with anything, the Expression control with that combo is insane, I need to record a few clips and put them up here. If you like crazy leads that explode into insanity I think you owe it to yourself to spend the time digging into this before you give up and say its this or that/meh. :) Oh and the pitch shifting once you really find what you are looking for/how to get what you want it to do is pretty fecking awesome!

admin

QuoteGovernorSilver said: ↑
I could see Kurt Rosenwinkel jumping on this. He's been using a HOG or POG for his guitar synth solos.

Angelo wrote>
I agree! I designed our "Trails mode" on the Enzo to match some of the cool things he does. With trails on and the Poly mode set to infinite sustain, it will hold the chord indefinitely while you are in bypass so that you can solo over the top of it.

I turned Trails On in this clip and repeatedly go in and out of bypass. I enable the Enzo to play a synth chord, and then go back into bypass to play my dry guitar over the top. Then I press down on my expression pedal at the end.

https://soundcloud.com/angelo-mazzocco/meris-enzo-trails-demo-enable-for-chords-bypass-for-dry-guitar

There were lots of musicians who influenced how the Enzo works. Kurt was definitely one of them, as was Andy Summers playing chords on the GR-300, Pat Metheny's GR-300 leads, Thundercat's use of the SYB-5/SYB-3, Nick Reinhart's awesome use of the FM-4, and more.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27170423/

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27191745/

thekeefus said: ↑
I'm on the pre-order list but I've been wondering. Where is everyone placing the Enzo in the signal chain?

wajobu wrote>
I have been all over the place with this, still trying to find the right (consistent output) sound. I have tried first in chain, after a buffer, after the compressor (after the buffer), after OD (those 3 in MONO), and after MONO chorus. Then (since I want to take advantage of the stereo aspects of this pedal), of late, I have been placing it as the first stereo effect before an analog stereo chorus (for a slow undulating swirl), which then continues to stereo thereafter (delays > reverb). The sound I prefer, by far, is to be at the stereo end of things, but as @Sasquatch has noted elsewhere, the triggering of the filter becomes trickier (I suspect since chorus modulates, which can "fool" the filter), and I can get jumping octaves while trying to hold a single note, but if I turn the Filter clockwise (after noon), and turn down the Mix (before noon), things settle down. Another solution I have found is to turn off my analog chorus back at the MONO end of the chain (before volume), which isn't ideal, but I'm still tinkering.

One other think I have found is that striking the guitar strings firmly also helps with more reliable and consistent triggering of the filter, but if I pluck the strings gently (resulting in more prominent natural harmonics) THAT can REALLY throw the filter off, resulting in the octave-jumping I have been experiencing.

The higher the filter setting, the more reliable the synth signal. Note: This is my experience with a single coil guitar--haven't tried a humbucker guitar yet, but I imagine a stronger signal could result in a more reliable triggering of the filter too.

But! Turn the Filter and Mix up and in the Mono and Poly Synth settings, this box becomes an absolute monster with full sound (have to watch the peaks for recording), and turning up or down the octaves only makes the sound ever fuller! :)

admin

QuoteProton Lenny said: ↑
This is probably a dumb question, but has anyone figured out a way to adjust the output volume? I know there is a mix knob to go between wet and dry. And I understand there is a way to change the input volume for guitar/line-level. But how do you adjust the volume of the synth signal? From my experience with other synths, the settings of oscillator, filter, and such can REALLY change perceived volume, especially live.

Meris wrote>
The Enzo's Mix is digitally controlled analog. The taper allows you to easily set the dry level to be greater than the synth.

If you have a stereo setup, another option for balancing is the Split output mode. It will let you have your analog Dry signal on one output and the Synth signal to the other output, this will give you full control to EQ and level each signal however you'd like

Elantric

Is there a "Factory Reset"  method?
(Like hold specific  buttons down during Enzo power up?

Answer

Holding down the "Synth Mode" button on power up resets all of the presets and all of the global settings back to their
original factory values. Once the reset is complete, simply recycle the power on the unit.

admin

Meris wrote>
Yes, it will output MIDI Sysex patches. @Sasquatch and I use it all the time like that to store presets on our Macs.

At the end of the video I demonstrate how to save unlimited patches offline. Super easy

Elantric

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27204482/

QuoteBintyTwanger77 said: ↑
@Sasquatch I've double checked that I've got the Enzo set at instrument level, and even with the mix at 10 o'clock the synth sounds are relatively very loud in the mix, and that even with the amp volume at 2. Am I doing something wrong?

As with building a sound on any synthesizer, there are a lot of components that add and subtract from the output level. Try starting with lower Frequency knob settings and lower Bandwidth knob setting (2nd layer under Filter Env) and then build from there. Sawtooth waves and Square waves have way more harmonic content than a guitar signal, so don't be shy to sculpt away.

In all of the synth modes (Mono, Arp, Poly), the Enzo is tracking you guitar's input level and using it to determine the output level of the synth. The Sustain knob will latch on to synth notes and prolong them at the volume the note was picked, lower Sustain settings will allow the notes to fade out as your guitar's note is also fading away.[/i]

Elantric

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27204493/

Quotedonfrantz said: ↑
Couldn't get a decent sound out of it in addition to the loudness issue. I talked to Angelo @Sasquatch and we couldn't figure it out over the phone so I sent it in. They said it was operating perfectly so are sending it back. I assume it's user error on my part, but hoping for a solution to the erratic over the top volume issues. Don't think I should have to put a compressor pedal in there, but I will if necessary.

Sasquatch wrote>
Good talking to you on the phone Don. I personally checked out your unit and it is working perfectly. I would triple check your cables and connections.

Also, you can follow along with Stefan's Meris Enzo video on his ThePedalZone youtube channel. He does a great job of showing the knobs as he dials in patches and he is able to easily match the Enzo's synth output to his dry guitar.

Elantric

My midi I/O arrived, and I pulled out an old ART X-11 midi controller i've had for at least 20 years, until I can get a Morningstar MC6 (which is where i'm leaning at the moment)..... Set up the enzo, and the mercury 7, easy set-up, just like the meris vid for the i/o. My only glitch is that I cant figure out how to have the ART X-11 send midi on all 16 channels, so I had to set both enzo and Mercury to channel 1. I had a little intimidation about the midi set-up as while I have 5 pin and USB midi experience, I've never engaged with midi on TRS, but there were no hassles, easy set-up! Immediately I had access to presets for each pedal. It was a big "aha, wow," moment to get to change sounds with patch changes, now these pedals can get seriously mid-evil. My next endeavor is to start messing around with my own presets. I currently prefer the Ultraplate setting of the mercury 7, stacked with the enzo, and because they are set to the same channel, patch changes 1-16 were giving me a lot of cathedral presets on the mercury 7 that I wasn't totally into. That is minor, the point is, wow, with midi implemented, I just upped my game, and creative potential of the meris pedals sound architecture at my disposal.
Sasquatch wrote>
This is great to hear. Yes, midi really opens up a lot of creative possibilities with our pedals.

The Morningstar MC6 is very flexible, you can program each button to output different program changes on different channels giving you complete independent control of however many pedals you are controlling.

https://www.morningstarfx.com/mc6-mkii

smemma

So I've just got one of these absolutely spectacularly pedals and am looking to get a midi system set up (on a small budget) for storing / recalling presets and using an expression pedal at the same time. I want it to be footswitch-based and not running through my iPad, but the MIDI I/O and something like the Morningstar MC6 is definitely out of my budget.

I've seen the Disaster Area DMC range which I think (????) can do the job without the need for the I/O - not sure how right that is, but regardless, being in the UK they're expensive to get here as they have to be shipped from abroad. On paper these look ideal to me, so does anyone know of a similar system that wouldn't require an I/O that might be available in the UK please? I'm struggling here!

Or is it possible to get a controller with a standard MIDI port and use a MIDI to TRS cable to connect to the Enzo, without the need for an I/O? Something like a Behringer FCB1010..?

Sorry for the amateur questions: I've plenty of experience with MIDI, just not over TRS and not on a pedalboard!

kevorkian

Disaster Area is coming out with a new MIDI pedal that has 1/4" outs, specifically for pedals like the Enzo:

http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/qconnect

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/new-disaster-area-qconnect.2014126/

QuoteUp to 9 separate devices may be controlled using any combination of 1/4" and 5-pin ports.
Two jacks (X and Y) may be used as tap tempo or expression for any combination of the connected devices
- for example, set up X as expression for devices A, C, and D and Y as expression for B, E, and H
Up to 9 device modes to change presets and bypass each device
Preset mode allows you to create "scenes" with different presets and bypass on each device
MIDI thru routing allows you to send incoming MIDI messages to different groups of devices
Each jack may be used as ring active, tip active, or both active
- if you're using the X or Y ports for expression or tap you can still use 8 1/4" devices by connecting one or two standard y-cables

It's a fairly streamlined device, it's designed to be really simple but still powerful. If you decide you need more complex control, you can use whatever MIDI controller you like and the qCONNECT will pass the messages out to the devices you want.

You can also connect two or more qCONNECT together to add more MIDI devices, or use them to add more mappable channels to your existing device. In theory you could use something like a DMC-6 plus a qConnect to directly control 12 1/4" devices without any adaptor cables or boxes. That would be the entire Chase Bliss line plus half of Alexander.

admin

If you start at the 1st post and read ALL the links provided - 

how to make a MIDI adapter cable
https://chaseblissaudio.com/mki-midi-specifications/

or buy

https://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/trs_to_midi_cable
5P-QQ:  Connects a 5-pin MIDI port to a 1/4″ capable MIDI device, such as Empress, Meris, or Alexander Neo Series.

Lodermeiestertronbot

Could you elaborate on this? I have a DMC Micro controlling presets on the Enzo and got a Source Audio Reflex in order to have expression control. The Reflex is sending out cc 4 on midi channel 1 and is going via midi cable into the Micro and the Micro is going via TRS into the Enzo. But I'm getting no expression on the Enzo

Source Audio Reflex sends midi expression (via cc's) without the ES-8. I can send up to three CC's and the treadle with expression them to the pedal, just put it in the Midi chain.

ElliotG

Quote from: Lodermeiestertronbot on March 09, 2019, 01:41:45 PM
Could you elaborate on this? I have a DMC Micro controlling presets on the Enzo and got a Source Audio Reflex in order to have expression control. The Reflex is sending out cc 4 on midi channel 1 and is going via midi cable into the Micro and the Micro is going via TRS into the Enzo. But I'm getting no expression on the Enzo

I'm assuming you have the Enzo connected to the DMC micro multi-jack, and have the SA Reflex connected to the DMC micro 5-pin DIN MIDI connection.
There are 2 issues:
1) The MIDI in using the DMC.micro requires a custom cable.  That connector is configured for MIDI out.   On page 3 of the DMC manual you will see: "MIDI Port: Standard MIDI OUT on pins 4&5; MIDI INPUT on pins 1&3."  This would require a custom cable that connects the midi output of the SA Reflex to the DMC.micro MIDI INPUT on pins 1&3.  (note Pins 1 & 3 are not connected on a standard midi cable.)
2) You are assuming that the CC4 command received on the DMC.micro midi port will transmitted out to the Enzo on the Multi-jack.  I don't know if this is true.  Prior to making a cable, I suggest you check this assumption with Disaster Area.

An alternative would be to connect the Enzo to DMC.micro 5-pin midi DIN connector using the 5P-QQ cable.  https://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/trs_to_midi_cable
and connect the SA reflex to the DMC.micro using a passive expression output from the SA Reflex, into the multi-jack on the DMC.micro, with the multi-jack configured for expression. 

Another choice would be to get the Meris MIDI I/O this provide 5-pin DIN MIDI connections for up to 4 meris devices.

blacknight42

Hi!

I hope this message is OK for this thread.

I just wanted to let you know that I've updated my web editors for the Meris Enzo and Mercury7.

They now include a simple preset manager.

Check them out at StudioCode.dev: https://studiocode.dev/

Feedback welcome. Thank you.