GT-100 - Switch from Gibson to stratocaster - new patches too bright problem

Started by mantra, June 13, 2018, 11:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mantra

hi
i'm used to play with Gibson Les Paul , Jackson and Ibanez guitars all with humbucker pick up

now i'm starting playing a stratocaster guitar orginal series and it has a very strong brillant sound even with the neck pick up

i own a boss gt-100 and a boss gt-10 as backup
well , all the distortion paches sound so worse , at home i can lower the treble knob of my amp

but what can i do when i play with my friends and live seeing i connect my boss to the mixer?
right now i'm thinking about global preferences and  global EQ but i could change guitar during a live performance
any advises are very wellcome
thanks

Kenni

Hey there, mantra.

Switching guitars, using the GT-100, will require a few set-up steps, in order to make it work right. Don't worry, it's quite easy.

I don't know if you've heard about Input Calibration, for the GT-100?

Anyway, here's a link to a YouTube video, that will guide you through the steps of getting the GT-100's Input calibrated:

This will ensure that the signal you're sending, from the guitar to the GT-100 input, won't clip and distort the input, and therefore ruin the good sounds and effects...

The Input Calibration will have to be set, each time you change to another guitar. So when you use the Strat, then calibrate the unit and write down the number. When you change to the Les Paul, do the same thing, and then you'll be able to quickly switch back and forth.

Another thing, the Factory Presets aren't all that good.. I would leave them behind, and create your own presets. That's where the real gold is!

Try this out, and see what happens.
If you need more help, then please let me know.

Kind regards
Cheers.