Switch 2 Katanas simultaneously?

Started by Chip McDonald, June 09, 2018, 05:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chip McDonald

I give guitar lessons, and want to be able to switch 2 Katanas  - one for me, one for the student - to the same patch simultaneously with a foot switch.

1) Is it possible to split-wire a negative to ground footswitch to do this?  In other words, just parallel the wires out to a doubled set of plugs for each respective amp?  So I'm just switching the 2 patches/banks?

2) Is it possible with Gumtown's switcher, either via MIDI/USB, or manually on a computer?

Thanks ahead of time...

gumtown

1) could be possible, but would be better using Double pole foot switches so the 2 Katana's are not electrically connecting the control signals.

2) not possible to run 2 Katana's independently/concurrently over USB on the same computer/software.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

CodeSmart

Quote from: Chip McDonald on June 09, 2018, 05:14:35 PM
I give guitar lessons, and want to be able to switch 2 Katanas  - one for me, one for the student - to the same patch simultaneously with a foot switch.

1) Is it possible to split-wire a negative to ground footswitch to do this?  In other words, just parallel the wires out to a doubled set of plugs for each respective amp?  So I'm just switching the 2 patches/banks?

2) Is it possible with Gumtown's switcher, either via MIDI/USB, or manually on a computer?

Thanks ahead of time...

Connecting a FS-6 (or FS-7) to a MIDX-20 and set it up for PC increment/decrement (or two dedicated PC Numbers) would do it.
The MIDX has two USB host ports,  one for each amp. It works with any Katana: 50/100/head.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

gumbo

Quote from: gumtown on June 09, 2018, 08:00:01 PM
1) could be possible, but would be better using Double pole foot switches so the 2 Katana's are not electrically connecting the control signals.

FWIW, I'm doing (sort-of) precisely this with two Roland Cube 60s..  ..one on each side of the stage
...using multiple (momentary) DP foot switches to change channels and effects simultaneously on both amps..

Modified Behringer amp foot controller with two jacks out of each switch..one for each amp. A multicore cable across the back of the stage to the second amp.   Slightly different end game, but same basic philosophy.  You just have to ensure you get the correct jackplug in the correct jack...colo(u)red plastic cable ties on the cable ends is a great way of not stuffing things up!  Particularly when used with (appropriately) colo(u)red plastic nuts on the jacks  ;)

HTH
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Chip McDonald