IK Multimedia - Reasonable customer handling over iRig HD 2? You decide!!!

Started by Vaultnaemsae, January 07, 2018, 10:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaultnaemsae

I posted the below on the IK Multimedia forum a couple of days back. They deleted it, as expected but it seems like it should be public knowledge, as far as I'm concerned. eBay buyers beware. Right now I'm thinking IK Multimedia are scumbags.

iRig HD2 - Crackling Output / Disputed Warranty Claim

I purchased an iRig HD2 from an eBay seller (listed as 'brand new') April 2017, received the item in brand new (sealed) working condition and registered it, then used it lightly on maybe 10 occasions over the course of 6 months. I was very happy with it and had zero issues.

Suddenly in December 2017 the output volume dial starts crackling and not giving a linear response.

I opened a ticket and have not received any satisfactory outcome, in fact, I would say customer support (an oxymoron in this case?) were borderline rude if not simply unintelligent. English not a first language perhaps? Oh well, despite owning hundreds if not thousands of dollars of IK software and hardware IK simply refuse to help.

I'm posting here in the event that anybody reading has a fix for the issue...it seems relatively simple. Ideas?

I thought IK would just replace or repair it. No dice. They say it's not purchased from an authorized dealer. The eBay seller simply provided me with the sales receipt to supply to IK but no further assistance. It seems a waste of time to pursue this matter over a relatively small value item but it's become a matter of principle now.

Probably IK will delete this post to save face (they did!!!!!). But in the event that they don't, let this serve as a warning to anybody purchasing on eBay that in the event of any hardware malfunction IK may not honor any implied warranty.
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

admin

I have bad experience with IK Multimedia iRig Duo
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigproduo/index.php?pp=irigproduo-aow-android

Terrible constant hiss on the headphone output jack makes the interface useless for my needs.

Vaultnaemsae

Is it an issue you can fix/have fixed?

I'm going to try some contact cleaner on the output volume control. In my case, I can still set and forget the device so it 'works'. But I can't make any adjustments on the fly.

More disappointing is IK's handling of the issue.
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

admin

Terrible constant hiss on the headphone output jack makes the interface useless for my needs.
QuoteIs it an issue you can fix/have fixed?
No - its due to poor design / cheap components
Its really hit  or miss with this company's products  - many are great - but a high percentage are junk.

Crackling audio on the output might be the result of latest IOS 11 on an older device

QuoteMore disappointing is IK's handling of the issue.
Same experience here- they do not respond when their IK hardware has issues