Katana - Post pic of your Katana Amp Rig

Started by admin, August 05, 2017, 10:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/24623940/

I'm so close to selling my Marshall since i'm not gigging that much anymore, I just got my second Seismic Audio 1x12 cab today. I wish my other cab was at my house so I could stack the two for my mini stack tone :rockin, so glad I have the head now and with this setup I feel I can play anywhere.

Elantric's Katana Head +Katana 212 Cab

Michel347

Gurbz

My Katana setup

Katana head + Boss ME-X + iPhone 4 (midi mapper)

Playing in a coverband without too much direction (direction Rock ;D) I find myself, as many guitar players, challenged to fullfill the many tonal requests that will fit the many different musical styles.

The twang from the eagles doesn't match the doom guitars from HIM so in comes the Katana with 8 presets, 28 amps, 55 effects, etc.

I have set up 8 basic, but different, amp tones: so each preset uses a different amp. I like 'em all but the combination of my fender Toronado and the Tweed is my favourite right now. Wraauw! ;)

Routing guitarsignal: guitar -> boss me-x -> katana.

Routing control signal: boss me-x midi -> iPhone 4 midi adapter -> katana head

The Boss ME-X (Boss MS-3 's grand dad) hosts 3 loops/pedals: in my case a quality treble booster (trebletool/guitarsystems- dallas rangemaster clone), a cheaper transparent overdrive (pure sky/caline- timmy clone) and a cheaper distortion (ultimate drive/harley benton- ocd clone). The boss me-x has effects onboard: EQ, chorus, flanger, pitchshifter, delays and reverbs. It has 25 presets, 5 banks x 5 programs and MIDI out! It can also control amps with the EXT amp channel switch. The ME-X has a slick casing, the power supports more than 3 pedals. It has a built in tuner and can be used in pedal mode.

Imagine these possibilities: the 3 loops with pedals can be stored in a preset on the ME-X, I can use one or multiple pedals (stack) and effects from the ME-X simultaneously. I use the GA-FC in front in effects mode.

So yes: that's a shitload of possibilities.  :o

MIDI mapping

So, why the iPhone 4, with a cracked screen?

I wondered why most multi effects do not support program change map when SENDING midi program changes.(TC Nova+ Rocktron Utopia do this, most guitar multifx map only when receiving midi pc messages) 

Example: When I want to use preset 3 bank 4 and press that preset pedal on the boss me-x, I want preset 1 on the katana. A  app called freEWI and midibridge from audeonic and a roland um one midi interface makes this happening.

In the rehearsal room I have a Marshall 1936 cabinet for playing with the band.

Wishlist:

Midx-20 (ordered one  ;D)
Boss katana cabinet

Cheers,

GurbZ
Grtz,

Gurbz

Frankenstein GK2-A strat/VG-88/GP-10/Cube 80XL/M-audio black box/Heritage guitars/Hook Amps/ Boss ME-5/Boss ME-8/Boss GT-3/Boss GT-5/Pro co RAT 1987/ Meris pedals/ Ton of eighties rack gear

Cups

Cool setup. What app are you using for midi?

Gurbz

https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/freewi/id485711674?mt=8

Audeonic apps

freEWI and midibridge

You can use freEWI standalone when you program the streambyter module in the app. That isn't as hard as it sounds.
Grtz,

Gurbz

Frankenstein GK2-A strat/VG-88/GP-10/Cube 80XL/M-audio black box/Heritage guitars/Hook Amps/ Boss ME-5/Boss ME-8/Boss GT-3/Boss GT-5/Pro co RAT 1987/ Meris pedals/ Ton of eighties rack gear

edugg

A little different from a guitar, but here we go  :)

Elantric

From Faceboook Katana Group

JWoertz wrote>
The new pedalboard! Katana 100 combo only now, got rid of the GT-1000.

RoFoBlade

Guess I'm kind of bland here. Hey! They didn't call me "One Wire Willie" for nothing.

If your trousers ain't movin', you're not playing loud enough.