St. Paul, MN - The Friday Project at the Underground Music Cafe

Started by carlb, July 12, 2017, 01:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlb

For those in Minnesota's Twin Cities, my band "The Friday Project" is playing at the Underground Music Cafe this Friday 14JUL2017 at 7PM.

We're a five-piece ensemble playing jazz infused with rock, latin, sixties-pop, and ballads. We'll also feature award winning vocalist Karen Dunn, classing us up 1000%.

If you come, you'll get to hear a GP-10 based rig. I use 13-pin modeling exclusively for all of my stage tones (ES-335, L4, nylon string, Tele):

Carvin SH-475, modded with RMC electronics by iGuitar workshop.
GP-10
EHX Key9 (patched into the GP-10's 'effects loop')
MIDX-20 MIDI bridge
Morningstar MC6 MIDI foot controller
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Gemini 150W self-powered PA speaker.

ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

aliensporebomb

Sounds interesting indeed.  I'll see if I can break away from the madness I'm dealing with and check it out. 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Majiken

Any chance on recording and sharing at least excerpts for those of us with impractical (Germany) commutes  ;)?
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

carlb

I'll bring along a small recorder, see if someone wouldn't mind running it. I could leave it running, but I'd get a file the size of Milwaukee ...

Likely set list:

Set One
Tangerine
My Baby Just Cares – Karen
S'Wonderful – Karen
Look of Love – Karen
Sugar
Girl from Ipanema - Karen
Mercy Mercy Mercy – Karen – no anthem intro.
Grazin in the Grass

Set Two
Green Onions
Just in Time – Karen
What are you Doing – Karen
Put a Little Love – Karen
Equinox
Stormy Monday - Karen
Comin Home Baby
Bye Bye Blackbird - Karen
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

Majiken

Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

carlb

For all who couldn't make it. Was a fun TFP gig! Like most of 'em we hadn't a chance to practice beforehand, and hadn't played together in a few months.

So, we don't expect our endings to "ever be the same way twice," and we like to "emphasize creativity over precision." Hah!

This was the first we'd ever played "Green Onions" together ever. Was supposed to be a Hammond B3 there so we listened to the tune separately, and brought our parts to the gig. Hammond B3 was gone, but Tom had a patch for that, and we did it anyway.  ;D

Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

Majiken

www.majiken.rocks