Helix Native (plug in version)

Started by Headless68, May 01, 2017, 12:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless68

Helix Native is a plug in version set to run with Win / Mac DAWs  - has anyone heard anything on release dates / pricing on this yet ?
Line 6 site just says 'coming soon'

https://line6.com/helix/helixnative.html

sixeight

Helix Native is $399. Helix owners pay $99 and Helix LT owners pay $299.
It should be available soon (Spring 2017 - but spring isn't over yet)

Headless68

Hmmmmm  - this means do I wait it out & get another MacBook so I can use Helix + Midi guitar 2 full desktop version ....will see what its like on launch first I think

Kevin M

Sounds interesting. I guess you lose ability to control a Variax vs a hardware version, though

Frank Ritchotte

Quote from: sixeight on May 01, 2017, 07:15:56 AM
Helix Native is $399. Helix owners pay $99 and Helix LT owners pay $299.
It should be available soon (Spring 2017 - but spring isn't over yet)

The target is "by the end of spring" ...so about a month.

germanicus

Would love this.

Does the Helix need to be attached to the DAW as a dongle ?
My albums done with modeling/guitar synth at http://music.steamtheory.com

JTV69/59P/Godin LGXT/Multiac ACS/Variax 700 AC
Helix/FTP/GP10/VG99/SY1000
Traynor k4

admin

Quote from: germanicus on June 15, 2017, 10:14:18 AM
Would love this.

Does the Helix need to be attached to the DAW as a dongle ?

I understand if you register the serial number of your Helix with your Line-6 account, then you qualify for the Helix Native (plug in) @ $99 

But its still in R&D

mordecai

Elantric

http://line6.com/software/index.html?hardware=All&name=Helix%20Native&submit_form=set

Helix Native Version 1.00
The new Helix® Native plug-in delivers the same award-winning HX amp and effects modeling found in Line 6's best-selling Helix hardware guitar and effects processors, bringing authentic tone to your favorite DAW.

Helix Native is available as a fully functional 15-day free trial, which requires a Line 6 account.

Learn more at http://line6.com/helix/helixnative.html.

THE WAIT IS OVER!
At long last... We are very proud to announce that this is the first version of the Helix Native plug-in for VST3, AAX, and AU made available to the public!
Try it for FREE for 15 days by clicking "start my 15-day free trial" on first launch.
Where's VST2? If your DAW does not yet support the VST3 standard, like Ableton Live or Reason, be sure to check the "install VST2" checkbox during installation.
Check your Authorized Devices if you can't authorize Helix Native, you might have too many authorized devices on your account.
Presets Compatible with Helix 2.21 firmware. Make sure your Helix hardware and editor software are up-to-date before transferring presets, setlists, etc.
KNOWN ISSUES
We're dedicated to being as transparent as possible, and here's some not-so-great stuff that you may encounter.

Some minor artifacts might be found in two of the modulation effects –Don't worry, we'll fix these very soon.
Editing min/max for automation of a parameter slider can temporarily stop reading the automation lane.
Editing parameters assigned to automation can can temporarily stop reading the automation lane during playback/record.
Cali IV Lead Amp model will decrease in gain when Mid and Bass are set to 0. This is already known to occur on Helix hardware.
Unfreezing Tracks in Logic Pro X will darken the plug-in UI, just close and reopen it in the meantime.
Moving blocks while Automation is running may cause some errors during playback/record on Pro Tools.
HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR HELIX NATIVE?
We've already received a ton of feature requests from beta users, but if you have a great idea for Helix Native, we want to hear about it! Please visit http://line6.ideascale.com to post your requests and suggestions, or vote for features. This is the most direct way for you to influence our updates, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Brak(E)man

I can't seem to find anything about minimum system requirements ?
In my case osx 10 and MacBook pro i5
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Kevin M

Quote from:  Brak(E)man on August 17, 2017, 03:07:11 AM

Try under the Native FAQ:

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/recording/helix-native/helix-native-faq-r866

====
Helix Native FAQ

Q: Is Helix Native an entire Helix in a plugin?
Yes. Helix Native features all the amp, cab, and effects models of Helix and Helix Rack, as well as IR loading. Its presets are fully compatible with Helix and Helix Rack hardware so you can effortlessly transfer your tones from the studio to the stage and back again.

Q: Why did you make Helix Native plug-in?
Because it's the right thing to do. Helix is all about elegant solutions to musicians' problems, and helps fulfill the studio-to-stage-and-back promise. With Helix Native, potentially weeks of work could be condensed down to a minute or two.

Q: Is there a demo version to try out?
Yes. You can try before they buy! A free trial is available at http://line6.com/software/ and is fully functional for 15 days.

System Requirements

Q: What are the supported Mac/PC System and Hardware Requirements and which Digital Audio Workstations are Helix Native be compatible with?

Mac Computers:
· Mac OS X 10.10 and 10.11 & macOS 10.12
· 64-bit AAX Native, Audio Units (AU), VST3 host DAW software
· Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz

Minimum Hardware Requirements
· Dual-Core 2.0GHz processor or faster
· 4GB of RAM
· 100MB of free disk space
· Internet connection required for license authorization (and for trial version)

Supported DAW and Plugin Formats (Mac)

Attached Image: mac Daws.JPG

Windows Computers:
· Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, & Windows 10 (64-bit only)
· 64-bit AAX Native, VST3 or VST2 host DAW software
· Supported Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz

Minimum Hardware Requirements
· Dual-Core 2.0GHz processor or faster
· 4GB of RAM
· 100MB of free disk space
· Internet connection required for license authorization (and for trial version)

Supported DAW and Plugin Formats (PC)
*To ensure that VST2 is installed, please check the box for it in the Helix Native installer.

Attached Image: pc daw.JPG

Q: Will Helix Native work with iLok?
There is no licensing available through iLok. It is authorized on first run of the plugin. Just log in with your Line 6 username and password and click "authorize computer".

Q: How many computers can Helix Native be installed on with a single license?
Licensing is tied to Line 6 accounts and up to four computers can share a single license.

Q: I installed Helix Native and can't authorize my computer. What should do I do?
You may have exceeded the limit of authorized devices for your Line 6 account. Visit http://line6.com/account/devices/ for more information on de-authorizing an old device. You may also contact Customer Service to resolve authorization issues.

Customer Purchase Terms and Conditions

Q: How can I purchase Helix Native?
Worldwide customers can purchase Helix Native from http://shop.line6.com. Customers will select a Helix Native pricing tier and follow instructions on shop.line6.com to complete their purchase. There are 4 price tiers for a customer to purchase Helix Native:
1) Helix Native is available for $399.99
2) Helix Native is available for $99.99, with proof of purchase of Helix Floor or Helix Rack
3) Helix Native is available for $299.99, with proof of purchase of Helix LT or POD Farm Platinum
4) Helix Native is available for $349.99, with proof of purchase of POD Farm Standard

Terms and Conditions apply to each customer purchase option. In the United States, customers can also purchase Helix Native from Sweetwater.com

Q: What hardware products are eligible for the various pricing tiers listed above?
Eligible Products include Helix® Floor, Helix® Rack, Helix® LT, POD® X3 (all models), POD Farm® Platinum, POD Farm® Standard, POD Studio® (all models), Tone Port™ UX8, Tone Port™ Silver bundle, and Tone Port™ Gold bundle only.

Eligible Products must be purchased as new from an authorized Line 6 reseller and must be owned by the individual who purchases (or has purchased) an Eligible Product from a Line 6 reseller and registers (or has registered) the Eligible Product at for a period of no less than one hundred eighty (180) days in order to qualify for the Promotional Savings.

Additional Terms and Conditions apply.

Q: Do I need to provide proof of purchase to qualify for the discounted pricing tier?
During the purchase of Helix Native, shop.line6.com will check for a registered hardware product in your Line 6 account in order to determine if you qualify for the discounted pricing tier. Hence, it is important that you register your eligible product before you try to purchase Helix Native at the discounted price.

Q: Can I keep Helix Native if I return their my product?
If you return your eligible products, that will break the Terms and Conditions of your purchase of Helix Native and may be required to pay the difference or may have your Helix Native license revoked. Additional Terms and Conditions apply.

Q: If I have trouble taking advantage of the discounted price of Helix Native?
If you purchase an eligible product as new, and you're having difficulty with purchasing Helix Native at a discounted pricing tier, you can contact Line 6 Customer Support at Line6.com/support/tickets to extend the pricing discount after verification of the purchase and eligible product.

Q: How many parameters can be automated in Helix Native?
Parameters and/or block bypass states can be automated by assigning them to automation channels (16 knobs and 16 switches) in your DAW (up to 16 per instance).

Q: Why did you limit the presets in Helix Native to the hardware?
In order to maintain preset compatibility, Helix Native presets have the same constraints as Helix hardware products.

Q: How many models will be available at launch?
62+ Amps, 37+ Cabs, 16 mics, and 101+ Effects. This is equivalent to Helix firmware 2.21.

Q: I've just updated my Helix hardware's firmware to x.xx, how can I be sure my patches will be compatible?
There will be a statement in the About box for Helix Native that states which version of Helix Firmware is patch compatible.

Q: Will Helix Control work with Helix Native connected via USB? FBV?
Not at this time.

Q: Will Helix Native support external MIDI for patch changes or parameter control?
Not at launch.

Q: Will there be updates for Helix Native like there is with Helix hardware?
Our goal is to update models simultaneously in order to keep compatibility with Helix hardware.

Q: I bought Helix Native and don't like it, can I return it?
The standard return policy is 30 days from the date of purchase.

Q: Will the UI be resizable?
Not at launch. We are working on it.

Q: Will Helix Native support Retina displays (2x resolution)?
Not at launch.

Q: Will there be undo/redo functionality?
Not at launch. To be determined. Some DAWs can use the compare A/B to get around this.

Q: Will Helix Native support Snapshots?
Not at launch, but we are working on it.

Q: Will Helix Native have a built-in tuner?
Not at launch.

Q: Will there be a stand alone version?
Not at launch.

Q: Are POD Farm presets compatible?
No. POD Farm presets are not compatible, as they use an entirely different generation of amp and effect models.

Q: Will Helix Native presets be compatible with my Helix hardware presets?
Yes. At the time of writing, presets made with version 2.20 version firmware will be compatible with Helix Native, this primarily means that all of the processing models and blocks will be available. Presets downloaded from CustomTone.com will also be compatible.

However, there are some caveats:

Input and Output routing will be passing through to the DAW channel in/out. Sending to Path 2A/2B works. Noise Gate is functional from the input block. Variax settings are ignored. Guitar In-Z is ignored.
Global parameters will not be accessible in the plugin
Global EQ is not available in the plugin
Send/Return blocks are ignored (bypassed) in the plugin
IRs are supported, but must be stored in the 'Impulses' folder locally on the computer.
Bypass Assignments and Controllers Assignments are ignored, and are instead triggered by incoming MIDI commands or automation channels. (see Helix MIDI spec)
Command Center is not available in the plugin

Elantric

Quote from:  Brak(E)man on August 17, 2017, 03:07:11 AM

Rather useless details as that covers 7 years of different Mac models

Be specific

what year macbook pro?

what specific version of OSX ( Mavericks 10.9, Yosemite 10.10, El Capitan 10.11, (macOS Sierra) 10.12 , High Sierra 10.13
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS_version_history

Helix Native requirements
----
Mac Computers:
· Mac OS X 10.10 and 10.11 & macOS 10.12
· 64-bit AAX Native, Audio Units (AU), VST3 host DAW software
· Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz

User reviews
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/my-impressions-of-helix-native.1857169/

sixeight

QuoteGuitar Rig doesn't exhibit this fizz, so what's up with that?

I also installed the demo of Helix Native today. I use my GP-10 as sound card and virtual guitar. There is a little fizz, but it was not too bad. The amp models are very diverse in sound. Some are thin and others are very full.

The effects are quite good. Latency is also low. It makes me wonder if I should go the VST guitar setup route again or not... I will play some more with it...

admin

Does Helix Native include MIDI Control ?

sixeight

Quote from:  admsustainiac on August 20, 2017, 01:10:29 PM
Does Helix Native include MIDI Control ?

Not yet. But Line6 is planning to implement it in a next release.

Headless68

I agree the 'normal' amp + chain fx sound great on Helix - but - if you want 'non traditional' you can't get close to VG, even with 4 chains and as many pitch shifters + shimmer + reverb mod & is light years off what the VG99 is capable of producing.
depends on what you like as to what best suits

The singer in my band just bought a Helix, so it will be interesting to see how my VG99 stacks up directly via both going FRFR front of house - Rehearsal on Thursday this week to test it  all out :-)

sixeight

QuoteThe singer in my band just bought a Helix, so it will be interesting to see how my VG99 stacks up directly via both going FRFR front of house - Rehearsal on Thursday this week to test it  all out :-)

My guess is: you will have the most versatile tones and he will have the best amp tones. You may want to get a Helix to replace the FC300. The combination of VG-99 and Helix is really great and gives the best of both worlds!

I also bought Native this week and have just updates Mainstage to version 3, as Helix Native is not compatible with Mainstage 2, even if you run it in 64 bit mode. The combination of Helix Native and GP-10 is also nice. I will probably use that as my small rig.

admin

https://line6.com/software/index.html

Helix Native 1.60 "The Spring Cleaning Update"
Helix Native delivers the same award-winning HX amp and effects modeling found in Line 6's best-selling Helix hardware guitar and effects processors, bringing authentic tone to your favorite DAW.

Helix Native is available as a fully functional 15-day free trial, which requires a Line 6 account.

Learn more at http://line6.com/helix/helixnative.html.

New Amp Models (2)
Cali Texas Ch1, based on* the clean channel of the MESA/Boogie® Lonestar
Placater Clean, based on* the clean channel of the Friedman BE-100
New Effects Models (3)
Distortion > Deranged Master (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Dallas Rangemaster Treble Booster—WARNING! Like the real thing, this model will take your head off! Works best before a distorted amp
Distortion > Deez One Vintage (Mono, Stereo), based on* the BOSS© DS-1 distortion pedal (classic Made-in-Japan version)
Distortion > Deez One Mod (Mono, Stereo), based on* the BOSS© DS-1 distortion pedal (Keeley mod version)
* All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6.

New Features
MIDI block bypass—Helix Native now lets you bypass individual blocks via MIDI. Right-click (or Control-click) the desired block and from the pull-down menu, select MIDI Bypass > MIDI In. Then click the Automation/Controller Assign tab and choose the desired CC#. Note that there are lots of CCs that Helix Native will ignore, as these are reserved for Helix hardware functionality. See the Helix Native Pilot's Guide for more information
MIDI parameter control—Helix Native now lets you control parameters via MIDI. In the inspector, right-click (or Control-click) the desired parameter and from the pull-down menu, select Controller Assign > MIDI CC. Then click the Automation/Controller Assign tab and choose the parameter from the list. Adjust the MIDI CC#, Min, and Max Values
MIDI snapshot select—To select a snapshot in Helix Native, send it a MIDI CC#69 message. Value 0 will recall Snapshot 1, Value 1 will recall Snapshot 2, Value 2 will recall Snapshot 3, and so on
Block Copypaste between Helix Native and HX Edit/—Helix Native now lets you copy and paste individual blocks between plugin multiple instances and HX Edit. Right-click (or Control-click) the desired block and select Copy. Then switch to HX Edit and on the Signal Flow view, right click on the destination block (or an empty block location) and select Paste
Helix Native now lets you copy and paste individual blocks after closing and then reopening the plugin window
Helix Native now lets you copy and paste individual blocks between multiple instances
Improvements/Changes
The most recent new HX Reverb models have been tweaked to sound notably wetter (see Known Issues below)
When changing the Time parameter, Legacy delay models now exhibit a more organic behavior (like DL4 and Echo Pro)
Helix, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT only: Variax Shuriken bank names now appear in the Input > Multi and Input > Variax block without requiring connection to Variax Workbench
Plug-in window now loads faster
Many under-the-hood improvements
Bug Fixes
DSP intensive presets with one or more Placater Amp+Cab, Amp, or Preamp blocks can sometimes generate an error message — FIXED
The Filter > Legacy > Obi Wah model is mono (should be stereo) — FIXED
Modulation > Legacy > Analog Chorus > Mode parameter was mislabeled "CH Vib" — FIXED
PitchSynth > Legacy > Smart Harmony > Key parameter was mislabeled "V1 Key" — /FIXED
Attempting to import a very long Impulse Response can sometimes result in Helix Native freezing — FIXED
Clearing all setlists and presets does not clear preset names until the plugin window is closed and reopened — FIXED
In some cases, tempo changes may not be properly recalled when Tempo is set to Per Snapshot — FIXED
Moving the Merge > Mixer block to Path B and then moving it back to its original position on Path A can result in an error message — FIXED
In some cases, Path 2B's input cannot be set to Host — FIXED
Many other minor bug fixes, optimizations, and stability improvements
Known Issues
As the new HX Reverb models have been tweaked to sound notably "wetter", any existing user presets that use these models will sound different. Although Helix and HX hardware has the ability to compensate for changes made to models when rebuilding presets (and one of our goals is to rarely if ever cause audible changes to existing user presets), the improvements made to the reverb blocks unfortunately cannot be compensated for.
* In ProTools, the Compare function only loads the selected preset.
In Logic 10.4.1, after moving an instance of Helix Native to another channel strip location, the Compare state can sometimes reverse.
The DAW's Compare function toggles between the two previously loaded presets, instead of toggling any edits made to the preset.
A processing block cannot be moved between a Split or Mixer and another processing block.
In Logic, switches 13-16, Master Input/Output, and Snapshot Index parameters are missing from the Automation lane list.
HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR HELIX NATIVE?
If you have a great idea for Helix Native, we want to hear about it! Please visit *http://line6.ideascale.com* to post your requests and suggestions, or vote for features. This is the most direct way for you to influence our updates, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Compatible OS:
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Mac OS X, Mac OS Yosemite, Mac OS El Capitan, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra

https://line6.com/software/index.html

admin

QuoteOn 10/7/2018 at 10:53 AM, Rockinguy said:
Yep, I'm gonna own an HX Stomp. I was originally looking at the Helix...way too much gear and too pricey, so i looked at the LT, better price still a lot of money. Helix Native i don't believe can run in stand alone mode (vst only?) Then HX Stomp makes it's appearance. Ya, this is settled.

Helix Native can run in any VST host including free ones that make it standalone such as Savihost:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/helix-native-w-savihost-and-asio4all-no-noticeable-latency.1857013/

f your like me and don't want to use a full DAW to play Helix Native, here is a free solution that works really well so far.

My Setup:

Windows 10
Dual Core Pentium G3258 3.2 GHz
8 GB Memory
SSD

Input - rocksmith usb guitar input
Output - crappy usb headphones

Downloads:

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm - get the savihost3x64.zip file.
http://www.asio4all.de/ - ASIO4ALL 2.14

Install:
Make sure you install Helix Native first (using the VST3 plugin)
Extract savihost to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Line 6
install ASIO4ALL
Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Line 6
Rename savihost to Helix Native (x64)
Run Helix Native (x64)
Go to Devices -> Wave
Set the output port to ASIO: ASIO4ALL v2
Set the buffers to 64 samples
Click Okay
Go to Devices -> Asio Control Panel
Setup your inputs and outputs
Make sure to set the buffer size to 64 samples on everything
Let me know if anyone has any questions or issues with this.

Also want to report in no noticeable latency on my Macbook Pro using GarageBand and MainStage, didn't have to configure anything.

admin

Unlock the power of HX modeling with the new compact, pedalboard-friendly HX Effects™ or HX Stomp units, and save $200 when you add Helix Native to your DAW for only $99.
https://shop.line6.com/software/plug-ins/helix-native.html

Vaultnaemsae

I just updated it tonight and been having some fun!
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

Headless68

Quote from: Les Paul Special on July 22, 2019, 08:40:34 AM
As the full potential of Helix Native has been unlocked I did an experiment with four individual parallel pitch shifters, four parallel amplifiers, and four parallel delays (two of them reverse delays) on these independent pitch shifted signal chains with two reverbs on each path.  Computer handled it just fine. This is not possible on any of their hardware units. Helix Native is the most efficient modelling plugin out there. And now with the block restrictions removed, I think it would qualify as the most powerful modelling unit on the planet at this time. Where it is lacking is in great sounding patches--the preset patches are crap as well as 95% of the ones posted at Line 6 Customtone.

What spec machine are you running this on ?