RMC Fanout Box(GK 13 pin swiss army knife)

Started by Rhcole, November 12, 2009, 11:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Yes, also BilBax Separate Strings interface /or separate Strings breakout cable
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=182.0

luca9583

I managed to find one of these RMC Fanout Boxes used for a bargain. Superb design.

The routing has been very well thought out in that it allows:

Send & Return per string before the strings go to Poly Out 1 (to your main Roland/Boss 13 pin device), perfect for specific applications like adding a noise gate per string before a Cosm device to fine tune any slight string bleed issues before Cosm processing, or for resynthesis.

Poly 2 output isn't affected by the Send & Return, so the signal is direct from the GK pickup.

The additional discreet summing mix outputs (A and B) are also not affected by the Sends and Returns, so you have the ability to get a mono sum of the raw GK pickup and also mute any of the 6 strings, or send some string to A and others to B.

All of the routing this Fanout Box permits is exactly the kind of analog I/O that should have been included in the SY-1000.

Loads of great possibilities with it.

It's also the first time i've been able to hear a raw GK pickup without any COSM modelling (apart from tuner mode in the VG-99 which disables the modelling), and with a some preamp boost it's a very "shapable" signal that can be made to sound like anything with eq and filtering.

I can confirm that RMC are still making these too. Shipping from Canada.