How to use Mainstage audio patches in Garageband?

Started by vic_peacock, July 11, 2016, 03:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vic_peacock

Hello people,

I created some nice patches for guitar in Mainstage and I would to use them to record in Garageband.

I know how to use Mainstage instruments, but I could not do the same for audio patches. Of course, I can recreate the patch by using the Mainstage plugins, but I would like to work first in Mainstage and afterwards feed it to Garageband.

By the way, is there any way to re-route Mainstage strip output (e.g. a bus strip's output) into Garageband input?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Vincenzo

Brak(E)man

I'm not sure if I understand your Q but you can record in Mainstage and open the file(s) in GarageBand
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

utensil

One way u could do this is to use soundflower , it's free and let's u route audio between 2 OS X apps, I use it to send main stage into ableton live so I can record into a track.

vic_peacock

Thanks @utensil for the recommendation. I will check Soundflower...

Besides, I would like to record a track directly in Garageband using the Mainstage audio patch. For software instruments it's doable. But not with audio patches. I can see all the plugins from Garageband, but i have to reassemble and set them again in Garageband to recreate the same patch I have created in Mainstage.

Also an "export" function (e.g. the .caf file) would be great for that purpose.

Cheers,

Vincenzo