SY-300 - Need a certain sound?

Started by Belewguitar, July 01, 2016, 03:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anlwpi

Can you split the "Craftwork" preset into the two sounds it produces (one main one based directly on what you play, and the second one that plays on top of that)?

anlwpi

Sky Ferreira's Everything's Embarrassing chorus synth?

davecadieux

looking for a patch (or tips to try to create my own) for acoustic emulator (laying an ibanez artcore semihollow AM53)

any ideas ?

Vmark

Has anyone made an harmonica or flugelhorn sound yet?
The kind that the Roland GR-1 has?

admin

Quote from: Vmark on March 25, 2019, 04:46:26 PM
Has anyone made an harmonica or flugelhorn sound yet?
The kind that the Roland GR-1 has?

SY-300 is the wrong tool for that

need a GR-1, GR-50, GR20, GR33, GR55 with PCM tones to achieve that

while the SY-300 lacks PCM tones, so it will be restricted to more of a primal late 1960's / early 70's  early Synth tones / drones  -  - like Edgar Winter Frankenstein

jipegonzo

i'm looking for a oud sounds.. :o) any help ? thanks ! jp

carlb

SY-300 is going to be the wrong tool.

Personally, I'd try the VG-99. Mix the nylon string guitar model with the sitar model. Sitar model with the buzzing parameter low or off.

Between that, "oud-like" tuning and phrasing, would be able to get a pretty convincing oud.

GP-10 would be good too, but would have to stick to just the nylon string model. Maybe add hints of twelve-string octave intervals to bass strings. Again "oud-like" tuning and phrasing would be key.
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

admin

There are  OUD User presets for GR-55 here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4333.0

But I agree  - its going to be tough to get similar OUD tones on SY-300

Brak(E)man

I've made an oud patch for GP-10
It's far from perfect and more like a electric oud
But it works.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18415.msg131280#msg131280
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Dougal.fr

Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen. Probably an easy one but I can't get it right. It's the lead tone, main riff. Any help would be great👌

Mrs Smiths Mother

Hi, can anyone make it so when you play one string it triggers one of the oscillators set to noise through the random wave form LFO's to produce a background wind noise that can be stopped by using one of the CTL foot switches.

It does not really matter that if playing single guitar strings as in the solo retrigger it at different frequencies because the VCF and VCA settings can create a slow ramp in of differing notes, adding to the swirling wind effect.

I'm trying to mimic Pink Floyd's Shine on you crazy diamond parts 6-9 on what was side 2 of wish you were here.

Alternatively how do you produce a single note drone that you can play over it? If I knew how to do this I could probably work out how to do the wind noise by experimentation...

BillBzak

If its even possible on this machine, I love a patch that can do the intro filter sweep synth sound from Rush's Tom Sawyer

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give it a go!

Bill Bzak

GarryGlue

Hi, could you try to make the bass (stick) sound of first song?

Thanks

anttileinonen

Is it possible to create something close to hammond organ?

CraigGorsuch

Would love to approximate the Crystallizer plug-in.
Like what Jeff Schmidt uses in this video

Also something like what Steve Vai is using on the 12-string neck in the "I Know You're Here" video.
Starting at 4:48, also at 6:47, also at 8:58 when Jeremy is holding the chord shapes for Steve