FTP - Gliding In Space...

Started by susbemol, June 03, 2016, 11:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susbemol

Because, as they say, a bit of old school funk a day keeps the mental health doctor away! :)

https://guitarsandsynths.wordpress.com/2016/06/03/gliding-in-space/

Not sure if I should be posting it in this section since I didn't actually use the GP-10 in this song - I started out with it but decided to use other sounds in the end. The MIDI parts were played using a Fishman Triple Play.

ainsoph

jassy

Good funk, and very good recreation of the sounds, sounds professional, just like a 80´s track.
I had a listen of other of your tracks very interesting taste, I feel close to your musical tastes  ;)
Liked also "another prayer" the synth sounds very keyboardist, but its guitar+ftp, right? care to elaborate about the setup, sounds used, etc?

shawnb

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

whippinpost91850

susbemol

Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment, guys! It's appreciated.

Quote from: jassy on June 04, 2016, 11:01:13 AM
Good funk, and very good recreation of the sounds, sounds professional, just like a 80´s track.
I had a listen of other of your tracks very interesting taste, I feel close to your musical tastes  ;)
Liked also "another prayer" the synth sounds very keyboardist, but its guitar+ftp, right? care to elaborate about the setup, sounds used, etc?

It's very kind of you to say so, jassy. And thank you also for checking out some of the other stuff.

I recorded "another prayer" quite a while ago. I used a GI-20 for the MIDI (on a side note, I've still got it and tracks almost as well as the FTP with my setup and it certainly does some things much better like splits, etc) triggering the sounds of an old Roland XV-5050. It was only two tracks, the pad and the lead synth.