Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

From Jonatan Liljedahl

http://kymatica.com/Software/Software

http://kymatica.com/Hardware/Hardware
http://kymatica.com/uploads/Hardware/vc-switch.pdf
Kymatica AUM
http://kymatica.com/Software/AUM
AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.

AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Coming soon!

Overview
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.

Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed).
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing.
Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
Synchronize everything with the sample-accurate transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
Coming soon!
Features
High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
Unlimited* number of channels
Unlimited* number of effect slots
Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
Internal busses for mixing or effect sends
Supports multi-channel audio interfaces
Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
Audiobus state saving
Highly accurate transport clock
Metronome and optional pre-roll
Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
Play in time with Ableton Link
FilePlayer with sync and looping, access to all AudioShare files
Records straight into AudioShare storage space
Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
Separate Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
Built-in MIDI keyboard
Fully MIDI controllable
MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
* only limited by the CPU power of your device
Built-in Signal Processing
Stereo processing
Stereo balance
Stereo to mono
Stereo panning
Mid/Side balance
Mid/Side to/from Stereo convert
Invert phase
Filters & EQ
Parametric EQ
Low-shelf filter
High-shelf filter
Low-pass resonant filter
High-pass resonant filter
Dynamics
Gain
Hard clip
Saturation
Lookahead peak limiter
Additionally, use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App audio app.

GovernorSilver

New app by the superstar developer behind Audioshare, Sector, Gestrument, Yellofier, etc.

Review here - now Mr Kymatica says this article is a better manual than the manual he actually wrote for AUM:
http://www.musicappblog.com/aum-review/

GovernorSilver

cell7

In case it wasn't clear, this app is actually a real game-changer. Now we have a truly flexible mixing and routing functionality for our i-devices that can give us creative options. AUM is everything we wanted audiobus to be, but actually lightweight and solid.

Bus routing, insert effects, MIDI, IAA, ableton link, unlimited channels, internal looping etc etc... you can plug in all kinds of awesome apps [like BIAS and FLUX:FX - shameless plug] and build complex rigs like we have never seen before on mobile devices. In my mind, its the tool we need to make ipads into truly serious live tools to rival the vg99/axe-fx/kempers etc

If you dont have AUM, get it :)

Headless68

I agree I have started using this as a live mixer for combining multiple sources internally with a level of control audiobus cannot match
They just released a hefty update this week which gives even more functionality

vanceg

Quote from: cell7 on March 27, 2016, 02:15:12 PM
In case it wasn't clear, this app is actually a real game-changer. Now we have a truly flexible mixing and routing functionality for our i-devices that can give us creative options. AUM is everything we wanted audiobus to be, but actually lightweight and solid.

Bus routing, insert effects, MIDI, IAA, ableton link, unlimited channels, internal looping etc etc... you can plug in all kinds of awesome apps [like BIAS and FLUX:FX - shameless plug] and build complex rigs like we have never seen before on mobile devices. In my mind, its the tool we need to make ipads into truly serious live tools to rival the vg99/axe-fx/kempers etc

If you dont have AUM, get it :)

It does look great.  It's going to make my convoluted weird ipad setup consisting of 6 apps running audio and MIDI into each other MUCH simpler.   Now all I need is for the ipad Pro processor to be about 3x more powerful than the Macbook Pro.....

SLICK

Absolutely fantastic app.
Opens up a whole host of possibilities and it's very intuitive.
For a long time I have been thinking about using an iPad in a live /rehearsal setting.
While I've been pretty impressed with the fx modeling from Tonestack and Bias nothing so far has been able to cop the sound of my EHX POG2 which is a pretty essential component for me.
Now with AUM and a Roland duo capture Ex (or I'm guessing any 2 channel interface) you can construct an external HW effects loop.
It's not exactly slick but once you have it  set up it's just a case of recalling the preset and your all set.
Guitar into Bias on the iPad then out to the POG and back and finally through Tonestack and of to my amp.
Both bias and Tonestack have any amps  turned off.
Parker fly deluxe,
Roland GR-55,
Laney LC30II

Smash

It's a brilliant piece of software - use it a lot, and MIDIflow

80Hz

Just reworked my AUM based rig.  I'm running 5 software instruments on an iPad mini gen 4 with buffer set at 128k and the DSP isn't overloading.  If I drop the buffer to 64k, I get some minor glitches as the unit heats up.  My current hardware set up has amazing tracking and sound.  I finished reworking the board last night. Check it out :) 

lumena

80Hz

Quote from: admin on November 16, 2020, 02:23:29 PM
I assume using latest IOS 14.1 ?
Actually no, iOS 13.3.1 and I'm not changing.  This is the most stable and best tracking/latency I've ever achieved for this many instruments in AUM.  If it ain't broke, I aint fixin it!

80Hz

Quote from: lumena on November 16, 2020, 04:44:33 PM
Can you say which audio interface you are using?

I'm using the iRig Pro HD.  I'm running the audio line out from the ATG into iRig and the 5 pin midi line out from the FC-1  into the iRig.  USB connection to iPad mini.  Headphone line out from iRig to the board sends the mix created in AUM.

Vaultnaemsae

Quote from: 80Hz on November 17, 2020, 02:16:10 PM
Actually no, iOS 13.3.1 and I'm not changing.  This is the most stable and best tracking/latency I've ever achieved for this many instruments in AUM.  If it ain't broke, I aint fixin it!

FYI, all reports indicate that iOS 14.2 is stable -- but YMMV depending on the apps/AUv3s you are using. Always good to check the Audiobus forum for good info on iOS audio-related issues. IIRC, groundwork for the new MIDI standard implementation have found their way into the latest release.
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae