SY300 goes live

Started by ericlmr, September 18, 2015, 02:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericlmr

Just had it last week (I am in France, takes longer than anywhere else :)) what I was looking , when buying this little piece of technology: analog synth by my fingerboard. it works.The gig was last saturdday so I didnt have enoughtime to go deep in details with the SY.However, I managed to change a couples of patches, and re order their rank in the U section. already a great thing. I will take a deeper look into it this week end.
What I'v learned from my first live experience with the SY300 is:
-never output it in a guitar amp (I mean sounds produced from osc1-3)- having saif that you can route mains and sub outputs like you want. sub outputs went into our sound system (stereo track) and I used the thru output to route the dry signal of my guitar to my Lancey LC30.
well actually it is like this :  :)
- Line6G30 wireless goes into SY300 input
- Thru output sends the dry signal to my unsual pedalboard (Maxon OD9, Chorus Boss CE5, DD20 boss delay and a tuner - that I may get rid of as long as theSY tuner is much more convienent to use)
- suboutputs route the signal to the main mixer (Soundcraft) stéreo inputs.
- I dont use main outputs for the moment. I will check this week end how that works and what I can do with it.

anyway, so far, so good.

I f you take a few seconds to listen to the sound file below, you will hear the strings synth  that I have modified from the factory presets . It is just alittle extract from our live gig last saturday, sound is not really good but it gives the flavor I think - at least of what I could expect from the SY300...and this is just the beginning  ;D

https://soundcloud.com/aveyroad/boss-sy300-strings-synth-in-aveyroads-no-win

JeffVolume