Show us your VGuitar gear ...

Started by GrinPicker, March 09, 2009, 12:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VGXPL_1908

Quite modest to some of these posts:
2009 Epi '58 Korina Explorer..   People may scoff at Epis, but I have only praise and not a single complaint (sans special case needed) about this model.

Mounted is the GK-2A going I'm the trusty VG-8 (not shown)

Brak(E)man

New rig (all interchangeable ) and also combined with Boss Ad-10 , Roland Gr-20 etc

From guitar built in gk-2 with sustainer into GP-10 guitar out to SY-300 (with expression ped )  from SY through into tc electronic dist/boost to Xvive metal to tc electronic dual parametric equalizer to boss FV-60 to EHX freeze to Montreal assembly count to five ( with expression ped ) to Harley Benton 10 minute mono looper to Line 6 pocketed pod
stereo out into aux in on GP-10 , the SY-300 goes into aux in on the line 6 pocket pod.
From Gp-10 main out into focusrite itrack dock with iPad and Flux:fx modified direct monitor in stereo
In to Boss DD-20 for stereo looping (with external foot switch) out to main PA and phones out to small monitors if needed.

This set up works without an mixer and can be combined or used separately depending on gig etc.

Chair Ikea https://www.ikea.co.il/search/NILSERIK perfect for half sitting ( rockable )
Laptop stand for Focusrite , DD-20 pedalboard
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

alexmcginness

Quote from: VGXPL_1908 on June 12, 2019, 06:24:21 AM
   People may scoff at Epis, but I have only praise and not a single complaint (sans special case needed) about this model.

I have 2 of their flying Vs. I love those guitars. I put an internal GK kit in one. Works like a charm.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

admin

Gurbz

Rack 2020, setup this year:

- Boss GP-10 for instrument modeling;
- Boss Katana MKI for gain, amp, eq and limiter;
- M-Audio Black Box (beat synced FX) in Katana effects loop;
- Primova midx-20 for midi PC and CC commands (GP-10 and Katana)
- Raspberry PI for wireless sysex messages (Black Box);
- Yamaha MD BT -01 for wireless Midx-20 usage;
- my Malmsteen frankenstein strat with Roland GK-2A element and stuckon iPhone with mididesigner on it;
- build in a rack with a drawer.
Grtz,

Gurbz

Frankenstein GK2-A strat/VG-88/GP-10/Cube 80XL/M-audio black box/Heritage guitars/Hook Amps/ Boss ME-5/Boss ME-8/Boss GT-3/Boss GT-5/Pro co RAT 1987/ Meris pedals/ Ton of eighties rack gear

ConstruKction

I dunno why I haven't posted this yet. It's been like a year since I've had my luthier do this mod. Against all recommendations of modding vintage gear, I decided to do it anyway. Here's a 1981 Yamaha SG-1000 with a permanent GK-3 installation and Roland VG-99 + GR-30.

Brak(E)man

My newest guitar all up and working thanx to Yohann Damour and his 24-13 pin converter

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=23047.0

Ibanez X-ing IMG2010

It's mint condition.
The best tracking with a Roland synth I've experienced
(GR-33)

And one of my first GK guitar back from storage
Ovation Deacon , modified with Fernandez Sustainer, internal GK
( saved all the original electronics , PUs and switches)
I'm really into this guitar and the one the body of my double neck was modeled from.

- Lydia Lunch

admin

Quote from: Brak(E)man on March 12, 2020, 07:55:17 AM
My newest guitar all up and working thanx to Yohann Damour and his 24-13 pin converter

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=23047.0

Ibanez X-ing IMG2010

It's mint condition.
The best tracking with a Roland synth I've experienced
(GR-33)

And one of my first GK guitar back from storage
Ovation Deacon , modified with Fernandez Sustainer, internal GK
I'm really into this guitar and the one the body of my double neck was modeled from.

Need to see your current Floor configuration too ;)

Brak(E)man

Quote from: admin on March 12, 2020, 08:02:39 AM
Need to see your current Floor configuration too ;)

With the new SY-1000 in the mix I have not started to plan yet.
I need to get SY-1000 filled with patches and I'm not sure how I'll handle
a few pedal like freeze , looper and Count to five with a iPhone in the send return loop.
( I don't like mixers , I do have a 1/4 " 4-1 box laying around )
And I have the Spicetone 6appeal to integrate as well.
And I'm a modular person, so the setup varies. The three constants are a GK guitar , a GK unit and a dd-20. Everything added is a bonus but not really necessary.

- Lydia Lunch

arkieboy

Quote from: ConstruKction on January 20, 2020, 10:21:43 PM
Against all recommendations of modding vintage gear, I decided to do it anyway. Here's a 1981 Yamaha SG-1000 with a permanent GK-3 installation

Well if you ever get bored of it, I'll take it off your hands! ;-)

I love those old Yamahas

Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

Piing

SY1000. I've already sold my VG-99 and GP-10

Ghost Acousti-Phonic piezos. I also have the Hexpander and a 13-pin connector on one side but I am not using it. I prefer the GK-3

ghostofweedon

This modest setup is keeping me entertained and adding some background atmosphere to those Skype meetings

peter_dawson

Here's my setup:
- Ibanez RG1520GK with piezo pickups spray painted by my daughter
- Roland GR55
- Boss RC30 to create layers of loops with different instruments
- Mooer Brown Sound 3 Preamp to enhance the analogue sounds form the diMarzio pickups
- Hughes & Kettner Redbox Cabinet simulator to smooth the analogue sounds form the Mooer
- TC Electronic Forcefield Compression to keep the combined output volume to the PA constant regardless of the number of layers or the instruments used

prtzah

I always felt uncomfortable with the position of the GK-3 mic top part. Kept hitting it and just waited when the cord would break. Problem solved now with some 3rd class wood work.

peter_dawson

Nice

Agreed. Its as if Roland thought 'how can we design the most obtrusive and ugly thing that anyone can do to a guitar'

MadMac

hello,
here my Parker Fly 95' Mod
no additional holes ...
Hexpander Midi
14 pin prof. connector for Midi & Analog
Juggernout 2 x
C&K toggles
Push button with Blue LED light if powered on... dimmable see last pic... blue ring led... killswitch...
CTS Push/pull 3 x (single/hum, paralel/seriel, phase) Vol, Tone, Midi Vol
all carving got shielded by copper... it was good ... but now it's absolute quiet also with full metal dist.
use SY-1000 now... sold my Axe FX II after testing the SY one month...
don't like the GK stuff on a git.... so that's why i'll did this and it was the best i've ever done...
the 14 pin connector ... is GOLD  ;)
life is what you make it...

CodeSmart

Life is not fair. It gave me everything. So I just got this beautiful things assembled now. Now all the fun starts tweaking things to perfection  ;D
Also my new GX-2 prototype I've been working on for many years covers dual guitars and dual synths and adds some nice effects never heard before.

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

admin

Looks inspired!

very nice!

Just need to paint the FS-6 in Metallic Blue - for a matched set 

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

admin

Quote from: CodeSmart on January 14, 2021, 02:21:31 PM
Life is not fair. It gave me everything. So I just got this beautiful things assembled now. Now all the fun starts tweaking things to perfection  ;D
Also my new GX-2 prototype I've been working on for many years covers dual guitars and dual synths and adds some nice effects never heard before.

This is what this post looks like  - no pics

- here are the pics

Pics are working here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=28998.msg218531#msg218531

whippinpost91850

MadMac

forgot to show my rig...
have two Atomic for guitar...

all the best
M.
life is what you make it...

CodeSmart

Sorry intruding again with my home made Ibanez Prestige.
It's a so *** unbelivable guitar. All the sounds I need with the regular three pickups, plus all the extra sounds the Roland Pickup gives (GR-55+SY-1000)
If someone wants to put the Dremel into one of this guitars, ...I have some pictures, to help you out.
This was my first install. My precious.

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

whippinpost91850

shannonrichards

Quote from: Brak(E)man on August 26, 2019, 11:42:27 AMNew rig (all interchangeable ) and also combined with Boss Ad-10 , Roland Gr-20 etc

From guitar built in gk-2 with sustainer into GP-10 guitar out to SY-300 (with expression ped )  from SY through into tc electronic dist/boost to Xvive metal to tc electronic dual parametric equalizer to boss FV-60 to EHX freeze to Montreal assembly count to five ( with expression ped ) to Harley Benton 10 minute mono looper to Line 6 pocketed pod
stereo out into aux in on GP-10 , the SY-300 goes into aux in on the line 6 pocket pod.
From Gp-10 main out into focusrite itrack dock with iPad and Flux:fx modified direct monitor in stereo
In to Boss DD-20 for stereo looping (with external foot switch) out to main PA and phones out to small monitors if needed.

This set up works without an mixer and can be combined or used separately depending on gig etc.

Chair Ikea https://www.ikea.co.il/search/NILSERIK perfect for half sitting ( rockable )
Laptop stand for Focusrite , DD-20 pedalboard

Looks nice.