VG-99 - It was 20 years ago today..

Started by GeePeeAxe, February 28, 2015, 01:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeePeeAxe

it was 20 years ago today....  when the first VG appeared and I was really fascinated!

Now over 1 year I have sold the VG-99, bacause I expected something "revolutionary new" to replace this good instrument, but only the GP-10 came... I think I'll wait for the next Roland's flagship. Until then, I am happy with BIAS and a few VST amp-sims along with chosen analogue equipment.

Before I sold the VG-99, I made a collection of non-guitar sounds that can be made with it:

Roland VG99 guitarsynth-sounds: pipes, celtic ethno, folk, fiddle, orchestra, drums etc.

You can download these patches here:
www.gpmusic.de.vu

Elantric

Thanks Djordje

QuoteNow over 1 year I have sold the VG-99, because I expected something "revolutionary new" to replace this good instrument, but only the GP-10 came... I think I'll wait for the next Roland's flagship. Until then, I am happy with BIAS and a few VST amp-sims along with chosen analogue equipment.

I fear its going to be a much longer long wait

http://www.roland.com/company/financial/
QuoteAmid these circumstances, looking at the sales by product, sales of stage pianos and professional video equipment were robust, increasing year on year. Also, as initiatives in new fields, new products were introduced into the dance market and made a good start.
Meanwhile, sales of drums, pianos, and guitar effects, which are mainstay products, fell year on year due to the impact of the sharp drop in sales of existing products during the first half of the fiscal year, even though a recovery trend was observed in some areas from the second half of the fiscal year.
By region, sales of some products increased before the consumption tax hike in Japan but declined year on year. In North America and Europe too, although signs of recovery were observed in some areas, sales decreased year on year. In other regions, although sales decreased in South America due to an economic recession, sales in Australia increased slightly year on year, and sales in Asia increased year on year thanks to a strong performance.