OMG! Ran it through an EHX HOG2

Started by Rhcole, July 13, 2014, 04:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

The HOG2 pairs REALLY WELL with the GP- the HOG's own flub's and eccentricities combine musically with it. The resultant sound is MASSIVE beyond description, almost like the mighty Yamaha CS-80. Running the HOG into the Strymon Big Sky reverb for ambience I kept looking out my window to make sure the World wasn't ending.

I know most of you don't have the EHX. Bill Ruppert, if you haven't tried this yet wear a hat when you do so you don't stain the ceiling with your brains!

carlb

Must have audio to confirm this!  ;)
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

thebrushwithin

Looks like the Hog 2 has midi in.  :)

Rhcole

Good point about the MIDI- didn't even think of that part. It also has a separate controller that I don't have. But, with a MIDI controller you could control the HOG which would certainly control volume and anything else that the HOG is doing, including freeze functions and lots of other crazy stuff.

What's funny to me is the HOG is an eccentric beast itself- You have to know how to work with it to get great sound, and it is easy to create really BAD sounds. But for some reason it seems to love the various synth voices of the GP-10.

Maybe at some point I WILL post some MP3s.

thebrushwithin

Right! This maybe one of the first "workarounds" for the missing midi on the GP10. You could have a synth patch, then change it dramatically with the Hog2, for several different patches.

Rhcole

Of course the HOG ain't cheap itself... Or MIDI controllers, etc.
But what a setup!