Boss SY-1000 Bug list

Started by germanicus, February 08, 2020, 06:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brak(E)man

Quote from: kimyo on November 08, 2021, 11:07:38 AM
is it silly to expect that the sy-1000 would deliver similar results when compared to the gp-10 or gr-55?  no one would call either 'perfect', but they both do produce acceptable tones at -24. 

if we were 'demanding' 'perfect' alt-tuning that would be one thing.  what would be useful is if the feature functioned as it does in the older units.

For me the alt tuning with chords on GP-10 is so bad it's not usable.
And it's even worse on SY-1000 , at least on GP-10 I could use a 12 string simulation, on SY-1000
that doesn't work for me.
On the VG99 I could use 12 stringed emulation tuned in 4ths and 5ths and bend in between
no warbles  OBS with Fernandes sustainer full blast in the 5th mode.

I used reverse Nashville a lot with the VGs , if I use it on GP and especially the SY the warbles goes through the rooooooof. It's not useable unless I want to incorporate the warbles into the playing which I've done at times.

It's not to much to ask to have a useful function as the alt tuning useable but for me it's only useable with single string ( or strumming which I hardly ever never do )

I can still not understand why this problem arrived ( for me at least ) with the GP-10
Same guitars same setups since my VG8 .... still works with all the VGs alt tune.
It's weird and also imho rude of Boss not to address this in an open dialogue.
I'd settle for an explanation and an acknowledgment of the problem.
Why did this bug come into play with the newer units and the older ones still works with this feature?
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

stub

Quote from: Brak(E)man on November 08, 2021, 12:50:45 PM
Why did this bug come into play with the newer units and the older ones still works with this feature?

That's the $64000 question. I'm guessing the answer is messy and complicated.

When I used the 12-string mode on the GP-10, it was fine until I started going above the 7th fret. If I wanted a cheap laugh I'd play the 7th fret harmonic across all six strings and just let the little choir of idiots sing.

Brak(E)man

I only have 3 problems after the 1.06 update.

The alt tune warbles , gr300 gnarles , the fixed instrument blocks with no possibility to add an fx in between.
I can live with the last and the gr300 gnarles.

Adding stuff to a guitar to make it less of a guitar, I decided against in the late 80ths, when playing midi guitar.
I don't think it's in the interest of " guitar synth and modeling " or playing.

My guitars are well setup by my luthier and myself and they work with the alt tune on the VGs
I used that a lot with Fernandes sustainer for guitar/instrument pads , I had to abandon that path with GP-10 and SY.

I don't think it's too much to ask to have the warbles fixed.
If it hadn't worked before it'd be a different situation.

- Lydia Lunch

aliensporebomb

Brak(e)man - can you start a thread talking about your wild fusion music?   Some of those "warbles" in the example you posted actually worked for the music like a whammy pedal on steroids! 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Matteo Barducci

Quote from:  Bluesbird on November 08, 2021, 01:35:46 PMI noticed that the SY-1000 was extremely sensitive to the type of hex pickup, its position from bridge and height to strings.

IMHO, these thing work well with only one guitar: the official Roland (aka Roland Ready) Strat
--

---> Matteo Barducci

Brak(E)man

- Lydia Lunch

gumtown

Quote from: Brak(E)man on November 09, 2022, 12:19:22 AMSy-1000 soundhold block bug ?
Has anyone been able to confirm?

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=27853.0#new

Something I shall check out when I return homeward, working far away for a while, so have gear separation anxiety  ;D
Have to return home for two gigs next weekend, so the week after, the SY-1000 shall travel away with me.
Currently have the Boss BR-80 micro + headphones with my 6 string bass travelling with me.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

beatpete

Quote from: jozart on August 29, 2020, 11:45:11 AMActive Range is ignored in EXP pedal assignments in TOGGLE mode:

Target: FX1 ON/OFF
Min: OFF
Max: ON
Source: EXP1
Mode: TOGGLE
Act Low: 126
Act Hi: 127

Expected: Trigger at toe down
Actual: Trigger at midway (50)

Discussion: https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=29116.0

Still not fixed!

Chris Manuel

When using the Tone Studio editor to switch between patches, modelled electric guitars always revert to the rear pickup. The correct pickup is saved when using the editor, it just reverts to rear once the Tone Studio UI finishes updating.