SY-300 - Jazzster: Sometimes it's okay to be beautiful

Started by Rhcole, July 20, 2017, 01:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

It's almost impossible to make your guitar sound BAD with this patch. This is the patch to use at solo wedding gigs, street fairs, or at that Italian restaurant down the street. It can also give you a bumpin' jazz voice for combo work.

It features two resonant filters in the low-midrange section to give you a traditional jazz/hollowbody sound. But, I didn't obliterate the high end because you probably have a guitar with a tone control AND the rest of the patch works around using some of your higher harmonics.

The "secret sauce" is in the Mod section, which has two discreet oscs that sound like sweetness and sunshine when blended in, one an octave below and the other an octave above. They don't demand your attention but thicken the sound and add a great deal of "romance" to it. This blends in with the Exp pedal, if for some reason you aren't hearing this section set the SY to bring it in and out using Ctl 1.

I have played a variation of this patch live and had people come up to me and tell me my guitar tone was fantastic. I asked what they liked about it, and they said they couldn't figure it out, but it just sounded terrific.