GM800 Guitar to Midi - USB output - iPad

Started by Nobulusprime, February 11, 2024, 01:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobulusprime

I've been experimenting with Guitar to Midi and having some good success in Logic, very usable.

However, I can't get the GM800 to output midi via USB on an iPad... I assume that this is because there are no drivers for iPad? It seems a shame that you can't use the GM800 with apps on the iPad, unless I'm missing something obvious

gumtown

That would seem to be the case,
but,
you could use a CME widi uHost on the USB port,
or a widi Master on the 5 pin midi ports,
and Bluetooth connect the midi to the iPad.

Bluetooth midi has a fairly low latency.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

Quote from: Nobulusprime on February 11, 2024, 01:25:13 PMHowever, I can't get the GM800 to output midi via USB on an iPad... I assume that this is because there are no drivers for iPad? It seems a shame that you can't use the GM800 with apps on the iPad, unless I'm missing something obvious

Thats a common fault with Boss GK Processors , they are not USB CLASS COMPLIANT- so they do not connnect via USB to APPLE IOS devices

They do connect USB MIDI to ANDROID devIces , due to Linux Jack Audio / MIDI with Roland support having been incorporated into Android. But Android still suffers higher latency for real time audio /MIDI Tasks.

Use the GM-800 5 pin MIDI Out port to an Apple IOS Compatible 5 pin MIDI adapter

Nobulusprime

Thanks, I totally didn't link the lack of USB Class compliance and use with an iPAd

I have a widi master 5 pin so I'll see how I got on with that.