1000Core panned left and right?

Started by NeverTooLate, January 05, 2024, 12:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverTooLate

New member, apologies for my ignorance. I have a question about a specific use of the GT1000 Core. The rest I can figure out. I do not own the unit, but I am familiar with the software from the lower trims. And I am looking at the GT1000 Core Tone Studio as I type this. But offline I only get this super long single chain with dual amp optionality.

Can I have the following setup using a GT 1000 as a pedalboard that feeds 2 actual amps:

1/ Phaser (yes, I see it)
2/ Flanger (yes, I see it)
3/ Pitch Shifter (I see this under FX3). I assume this is panned L/R, right?
4/ Dual SDE 3000 panned left and right (I am only seeing this under Master Delay and I am not sure how it works).

Out to Amp 1 with one pitch shift and delay
Out to Amp 2 with the other pitch shift and delay.

That's all I want to know. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.

Cheers, thanks in advance, and Happy 2024 everybody!

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group NeverTooLate!  :)

NeverTooLate

Looking at Tone STudio offline, I see a Pitch Shifter with pre-delays. It has a 2Stereo voice option. Does that mean it is panned hard left and right if I use the two outs for stereo? The mixer blocks are confusing offline.

Hammerhands

In the manual you will see some of the effects are marked as MONO, some as MONO->STEREO and some as STEREO.

The Phaser and the Flanger are marked MONO->STEREO, they take a single input like from a guitar and the output can be stereo.  The only way to make them stereo that I can see is the "SEPARATE"  parameter.  This seems to change the phase between the left and right channels.

The Pitch Shifter is marked MONO and MONO->STEREO.  If you use it in VOICE=2STEREO, it has a stereo output, with voice1 panned hard left and voice2 panned hard right [and the direct signal from the guitar is in the middle].

The SDE-3000 is marked STEREO, that's stereo input and stereo output.  If you feed it a mono input, like from the guitar, you wont hear the output as stereo because both the left and right channel are producing the same sound.  If you put it after the Pitch Shifter, you will hear the delay effect to left and right channels separately.

I would also like to note the Dividers (12&3) and Mixers.  With those you can take the stereo output from the Pitch Shifter and add different effects to the left and right channels, then combine the signals back together, either completely separate or with some overlap.  So you could have a phaser on the left channel and a flanger on the right.

You can also use the divider to put only the low frequencies on the left and the high frequencies on the right, or only loudly picked sounds on the left and quietly picked sounds on the right.

NeverTooLate

Quote from: Hammerhands on January 13, 2024, 01:56:08 AMIn the manual you will see some of the effects are marked as MONO, some as MONO->STEREO and some as STEREO.

The Phaser and the Flanger are marked MONO->STEREO, they take a single input like from a guitar and the output can be stereo.  The only way to make them stereo that I can see is the "SEPARATE"  parameter.  This seems to change the phase between the left and right channels.

The Pitch Shifter is marked MONO and MONO->STEREO.  If you use it in VOICE=2STEREO, it has a stereo output, with voice1 panned hard left and voice2 panned hard right [and the direct signal from the guitar is in the middle].

The SDE-3000 is marked STEREO, that's stereo input and stereo output.  If you feed it a mono input, like from the guitar, you wont hear the output as stereo because both the left and right channel are producing the same sound.  If you put it after the Pitch Shifter, you will hear the delay effect to left and right channels separately.

I would also like to note the Dividers (12&3) and Mixers.  With those you can take the stereo output from the Pitch Shifter and add different effects to the left and right channels, then combine the signals back together, either completely separate or with some overlap.  So you could have a phaser on the left channel and a flanger on the right.

You can also use the divider to put only the low frequencies on the left and the high frequencies on the right, or only loudly picked sounds on the left and quietly picked sounds on the right.

Excellent, thank you so much!