VG-99 plus Mainstage Question

Started by Terry57, January 01, 2024, 12:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry57

Hey VG-99 experts. I want to save mixer inputs by running my keyboard MainStage output to the USB IN on the VG-99 with everything i.e. Guitars and MainStage coming out of the Main Outs of the VG-99. However the VG manual is pretty vague about the mix between computer audio and VG internally. So do I have to write the Patch Level of each of my VG patches to roughly match my MainStage levels or can I globally mix the VG levels to the USB In levels? Thanks in advance!
-Terry

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group Terry57! :)

pasha811

Quote from: Terry57 on January 01, 2024, 12:35:11 PMHey VG-99 experts. I want to save mixer inputs by running my keyboard MainStage output to the USB IN on the VG-99 with everything i.e. Guitars and MainStage coming out of the Main Outs of the VG-99. However the VG manual is pretty vague about the mix between computer audio and VG internally. So do I have to write the Patch Level of each of my VG patches to roughly match my MainStage levels or can I globally mix the VG levels to the USB In levels? Thanks in advance!
-Terry

Welcome to the group!

If you mean getting the audio out of your computer plugins (Mainstage) and into VG99 that's possible.
USB audio (using the VG99 as Audio Card) volume is set globally :

1. Press System on the VG99
2. Press Right Arrow on the VG99
3. Press F2 on the VG99 (under the Display)

You have USB IN / OUT volumes.

Manual (Chapter 7) says :

USB IN
This sets the point at which digital audio signals received via USB (from your computer) are connected within the VG-99.
* Do not connect at a point before the point set with the USB OUT parameter. For more on the connection points, refer to "Signal Flow" (p. 183).
* If the USB IN parameter is set to COSM GTR A, COSM GTR B, or NORMAL PU, the setting automatically changes to MAIN & SUB the next time the VG-99 is powered up. If you plan to use COSM GTR A, COSM GTR B, or NORMAL PU, make the setting each time you turn on the power to the VG-99.

Main Out will output also the VG99 USB IN as far as I know.

Let me now if this helps

Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

gumtown

VG-99 has a global USB IN LEVEL parameter,
 and you can route the USB signal to various places inside the VG-99,
 including MAIN OUT, SUB OUT or Both.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/