Triple Play Battery - Replacement? how to?

Started by thegamemaker, January 13, 2014, 09:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hanson

Quote from: Elantric on December 21, 2023, 08:19:39 AMThis is an equivalent  replacement
https://www.amazon.com/KBT-3-7V-650mAh-Li-Polymer-Battery/dp/B0B219HRJ4/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm in 'third world' and don't have issues with finding the battery itself, it's not needed - the question is more about original FTP battery wire with a strange component on it under the heat shrink. This posted 503040 seems to be 5mm 30x40 LiPo battery, not sure about the connector, but it definitely has NO THIS component on wires. As I don't know the function of it, if it is required or not, I can solder bypassing it freely, but if it is critical (some kind of dual diode or dual resistor) - I don't think it is a good idea to bypass it. For some reason Fishman put it on battery wires, maybe it is more 'mediocre' component like EMI filter=ferrite bead for filtering hi-frequency noises that could affect note recognition or life of CPU. Everyone can find similar on the wires. Marked it on the pics from users posted earlier. Mine is more narrow, others - seems to be more square-like. Maybe somebody know what it is inside, and for what purpose

Elantric

Its a battery emi filter

Not found on my genuine Tripleplay battery

A genuine equivalent replacement battery is plug & play

What country are you in?

Try Aliexpress

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNDaPti

hanson

Quote from: Elantric on December 21, 2023, 11:55:30 AMIts a battery emi filter
A genuine equivalent replacement battery is plug & play
Surprised to hear that your battery doesn't have this component because all photos of 'tripleplay guts' I managed to find had this component under the heat shrink tubing between the connector and battery itself, and of course it is plug & play. In this case I can assume that it is not 'quite necessary' and can be bypassed. Or if you are confident that it is EMI filter I can TRY to replace it with some Murata ones I found in local shop, probably like BLM21BB050SN1D or DLW21HN900SQ2L (on pics) or else. Just to have to check voltage on output of the connector after soldering. I've measured FTP battery output in past and it was 3.86V in my case.

hanson

Quote from: Elantric on December 21, 2023, 11:55:30 AMIts a battery emi filter

Probably it is not useless heat tubing. I've highlighted it on the picture below. On older FTP's it is more narrow, on newer - more square-like

Elantric

Additional EMI emissions only occur during battery charging from the micro USB power connection

Under normal Tripleplay operation under internal  battery power the EMI filter is irrelevant.

You can omit it

hanson

Thanks a lot for your knowledge and help.
That is quite 'calming down' info: that I don't need to buy another one original battery and ship it overseas and wait few months bc of Christmas/NY.
My appreciation

P.S.: found the photo of my FTP opened, right before replacing the battery