New Boss GM-800 synth and GK-5 pickup?

Started by seriousfun, July 18, 2023, 12:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevorkian

Quote from: BROCKSTAR on January 31, 2024, 10:18:42 AMReally strange that roland / boss didn't release a zencore pack this month... Ever since they started doing zencore packs years ago, they have always released one or two packs per month and this month nothing!

Probably just because of NAMM but that's also quite a pace to keep up indefinitely.

arkieboy

I thought they were keeping a couple of Roland Cloud releases (rather than specifically zencore) per month - there were some practice tracks and ZC-1 stuff released IIRC?

Personally I'd like to see some new wave expansions - a really detailed CP70; some of the more offbeat Tron, Chamberlain and Optigon sounds; the classic Tron sounds with every note - and their inherent variations - sampled, as close to full length as possible; more exhaustive samples of some of the preset synths people used before the Prophet 5 introduced proper preset memory such as the ARP Quadra and Pro Soloist, and the Moog Polymoog.

Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

BROCKSTAR

Almost the end of february and no zencore pack again, what is going on?

Ever since they came out with zencore they were releasing 1 or 2 packs per months.
I know this because I went back through the entire archive and never once did they miss a month to release a new pack...

Until now. Nothing in january and nothing now in february??

gumtown

Maybe they are done with Zencore and are on to a non-backward compatible Zencore II

Some new wave expansion packs would be good that are not based around pianos.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: gumtown on February 25, 2024, 10:16:03 AMMaybe they are done with Zencore and are on to a non-backward compatible Zencore II

Some new wave expansion packs would be good that are not based around pianos.

I don't see that happening, especially when a lot of the latest stuff, including the newer stuff they just put out uses zencore.

Just weird they missed 2 months now out of the entire time they've been doing zencore.

gumbo

Maybe you should check your Junk folder for the Roland email that says you have to resubscribe at the end of the calendar year in order to view what's available... :o
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

arkieboy

Quote from: gumbo on February 26, 2024, 01:35:14 AMMaybe you should check your Junk folder for the Roland email that says you have to resubscribe at the end of the calendar year in order to view what's available... :o
There's nothing on the Roland Cloud news page either.  Last zencore sound pack was 16th Jan

https://www.rolandcloud.com/news
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: arkieboy on February 26, 2024, 01:58:01 AMThere's nothing on the Roland Cloud news page either.  Last zencore sound pack was 16th Jan

https://www.rolandcloud.com/news

Exactly! I just find it very unsettling. I'm getting this abandonment vibe again from them...

IMH1234

Might be related to the new serial devices we expect this year - if there is any crossover of development resources or platforms then bandwidth for sound packs could be reduced?

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: IMH1234 on February 26, 2024, 09:53:08 AMMight be related to the new serial devices we expect this year - if there is any crossover of development resources or platforms then bandwidth for sound packs could be reduced?

That would be nice if that was the case. I do wonder if we'll see a virtual guitar / amp / effects unit to pair with the gm-800. But I also really really really hope they release other synth styles too for this format. Give us a FM synthesis gm-800, or a granular synthesis gm-800 etc.. etc..

BROCKSTAR

Well they put out another new ZEZ but still no zen-core pack since December... but good thing these ZEZ's still work in gm-800

https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/new-zenology-sound-pack-discotheque-noir

BROCKSTAR

So heard back from the roland cloud instagram with some news on zencore packs!

"Stay tuned as we have some new releases coming very soon. We have a Roland Cloud News feed that will post these releases as soon as they come out."

I still find it odd that since they started zencore packs, they always released one or two a month if you look back in the archives, but suddenly now they are slacking and last one was in december of 2023.

Hopefully they get back on course!

gumtown

Most likely staffing issues to keep costs down and profits up.
The missing update months seem to coincide with development time required on the new Roland piano product releases, and the new Katana GO.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: gumtown on March 20, 2024, 04:10:17 PMMost likely staffing issues to keep costs down and profits up.
The missing update months seem to coincide with development time required on the new Roland piano product releases, and the new Katana GO.

Or maybe because they're spending too much time with the new ZEZ zenology packs and the galaxy plugin as they seem to be releasing those just fine monthly along with other packs for their other stuff etc.. however they've been ignoring zencore packs for people with hardware since december!

BROCKSTAR

About freaking time.... Almost 4 months later and they finally released a new SDZ Zen-core pack. Still odd they released one or two every single month since starting these and now this big break. Hopefully they get back too it monthly!

https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/zen-core-sound-pack-dark-keys-now-available