GP-10 - Macminer's acoustic collection

Started by macminer, February 08, 2018, 02:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macminer

Here's the result of playing with my GP-10 I got a week ago - part 2. This second collection contains acoustic and quasi-acoustic guitar patches. Apart from Nylon MG (modified factory patch), they are created from scratch.

• Nylon Zorba - nylon guitar sound + bass in three lower strings. Suitable for Balkan or other folk music
  • MandolinComb - like above, but with banjo/mandolin timbre
  • Bs/Gt 1 - my basic patch, combining bass guitar with PU sound. FV acts like a crossfade - it doesn't only mute PU sound, but also adds more bass on G string (to play solo bass lines)
  • Bs/Gt 2 - like above, with some flanged guitar
  • Bs/Jazz Gt - like above, with jazz guitar sound
  • Accou/Elecrl - combination of accoustic/electric with some bass in the background
  • AG12strBs  - like 18string guitar
  • DeepFieldsAc - slightly flanged acoustic guitar with rich harmonic content (achieved through adding a subtle 3rd harmonic)
  • JazzCombo - PU sound mixed with jazz guitar + some bass
  • FretlesGt+Bs - Fretless guitar + some bass
  • FretlesGtOD - like above, slightly overdriven
  • NYLON MG - nylon string gt
  • ReggaeBs/GT - bass + guitar with T-wah
  • ReggaeBrass - guitar with T-wah + a bit of a brassy pad (controlable by FV)
  • RussAccordn - guitar with a "Russian accordion" background (controlable by FV). CTL1 boosts PU, CTL2 switches off PU. Pedal on controls harmonic content of the accordion.

One remark: the patch level /amp is usually set quite high (just before clipping). It works well with my VIP1 Peavey amp, but may be slightly too high for recording via USB. Consider lowering either parameter for recording purposes.

roachone

Wow! Thanks for doing this. Nice to have some new stuff to work with.

roachone

I have to say these sound great my friend! Thanks again

slooky

RMedel

Your patches are amazing and extremely useful for my solo fingerstyle playing.  Any chance and I pay for some of your time to help me learn more about patch making.  I wanting to see if I can send the lower EAD string to one channel on my mixer and the other strings GBE to another channel on the mixer.

If interested, we can zoom and I can pay you through Paypal for your time.

Thank you

Rich