Yonac ToneStack

Started by Elantric, July 03, 2014, 07:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tonestack/id870269510?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

http://www.yonac.com/
http://www.yonac.com/tonestack/tonestack_manual.html

Description
INTRO PRICE for a limited time only! ToneStack is the ultimate in signal processing: with the largest variety of amps & FX, the latest advancements in modeling technology, and an unbelievably powerful yet simple interface – it simply shreds all the other guys.

Thanks to 's state-of-the-art "Virtual Circuit" technology, each ToneStack unit is the digital mirror image of a real analog topology. Unlike other FX apps that try to copycat with EQing and other gimmicks, ToneStack recreates the intricate designs of the real thing. The result is a warm, responsive tone with the natural behavior you find in analog units.

Amazing Selection of Pro Amps & FX

ToneStack offers a huge range of amps, cabs & FX: sizzling tube amps, iconic stompboxes, pro-grade rack units, and high-end reverbs make ToneStack the most complete plugin suite on the iOS.

Right away, enjoy 6 classic amps & cabs, and 20 meticulously designed FX. Expand to a total of 24 amps & cabs, and 70 FX – the largest collection on iOS.

ToneStack also brings many powerful guitar FX to the iOS for the first time: polyphonic octaver, harmonizer, realistic spring reverbs, virtual-reel tape delays are just a few examples.

The Most Versatile Signal Chain on iOS

Why be limited with just 4 or 8 FX that other guys max you out at? ToneStack lets you run a whopping 64 amps & effects simultaneously* so you can let your imagination run wild.

For even more power, ToneStack includes a unique ABY unit not found in other FX apps. Split your signal anywhere: run dual amp setups, switch or blend FX chains, or multiplex your signal via frequency splitting – countless permutations, all up to you.

You can match any amp with any cab (all cabs have 3 mics with distance & position settings); you can insert any unit anywhere – even between amps and cabs like a true FX loop. Managing your signal chain is as easy as dragging and dropping an icon!

inSTUDIO & Other Goodies

Wanna quickly sketch out an idea, or cut a song and share it? ToneStack offers a powerful 8-Track recorder – first two tracks free — with plenty of user-friendly features. Fire up the built-in Tapedeck to quickly record an idea or create loops, or manipulate audio with its Hi-Q pitch & time shift. Import & export audio via email, WiFi, iTunes or copy/paste. Built-in tuner, metronome and a custom onSTAGE mode are just a few other amazing ToneStack features.

All the Pro Features of iOS

Enjoy the full power of the platform's top MIDI and Preset systems. MIDI learn is super-intuitive thanks to ToneStack's WYSIWYG interface: all the amp & FX controls are MIDI-programmable. Effortlessly create UNLIMITED banks and presets – share them at the touch of a button. ToneStack is an Inter-App Audio effect, and works in any Audiobus slot.

Highlights

• "Virtual Circuit" amp & FX modeling technology
• Units modeled after real-life topologies
• ABY: split signal anywhere, use dual amp setups, blend, pan or switch FX chains & more
• Complete collection: 24 amps & cabs, 70 FX, with stompboxes & rack-units and more!
• 64 simultaneous amps & FX*
• Independent amps & cabs
• 3 mics per cab w/ distance & position setting
• 8-Track recorder w/ 2 tracks free
• Tapedeck w/ punch looping, sample-accurate rec, pitch/time manipulation, FX send & more
• Tuner w/ permanent & fullscreen modes
• Metronome, tap tempo, settable time signature
• BPM sync mods & LFOs
• onSTAGE mode w/ quick preset load & FX toggle
• Unlimited banks & presets; easy preset sharing & more
• Extremely powerful MIDI: control any amp or FX parameter
• Easy MIDI Learn
• MIDI prog changes + bank & preset up/down
• Audiobus: input, FX, output, state-saving
• Inter-App Audio FX
• Audio copy/paste, email, WiFi, iTunes sharing
• And a lot more!

Hardware

• Works with iOS compatible USB or headphone jack interfaces (USB recommended for best audio quality)
• Requires iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5 or newer

Visit us at www.yonac.com

* Device CPU limitations apply

Elantric

I  just purchased this  - competition is good!

Cant report any review until next week

supernicd

Picked this up too.  Only one question remains:  to motherload, or not to motherload. :)
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

Elantric

I did the "Motherload"

- for my Live guitar system - its all about latency.

If Yonac ToneStack has lower latency than Bias - I'm IN even if the Tone is not as polished.

Read Steps to reproduce High Latency in Positive Grid Bias +Jamup Pro
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11658.msg84939#msg84939

Remember I have a Kemper - the ipad is intended to be my grab and go play a quick fly in gig or live "in studio " radio promo. with just a carry on ipad     

I'm age 59, not saying I'm slow on the draw   - but if I'm improvising a spontaneous solo, every additional millisecond of latency in my signal chain really makes me "loose the groove" - and if you have the wrong drummer who forgets he is the Clock and instead starts following my sluggish "behind the beat" guitar (due to latency)  - I end with every tune being 5% slower tempo by the end of the song

High Latency on any music tool is my personal hell - and explains why Tube Amps still Rule in the DSP world

I know others are able to quickly adapt - and "play ahead of the beat" - but i lack that talent when its "Steve go play your improvised Solo over the next 16 bars" time!

mbenigni

+1,000,000.

I hope you'll have a chance to review before their intro pricing expires, though I understand you've got a busy weekend ahead of you.

Elantric

"Intro price" at $4.99 vs normal $9.99  is rather pointless

Its all about the "IN-App Purchases" and these are not being discounted AFAIK

I was not expecting to spend $55 on yet another IOS app today  - but hell its cheaper than buying another new hardware stomp box 

and the "Motherload v1.0 " @ $49.99  is cheaper than buying each individual add on as more in-app purchases.

And I enjoy all the other Yonac  IOS apps  - Here's Magellan

(so I have very high Confidence and expectations for future ToneStack updates and good support - so its good to know your strengths and limitations and "Plan B" options on iPad.

Plus I really like that any IOS app I buy - I can run on all three of my iPads !

So couple that fact,  I can run Two iPads with Yonac ToneStack, and Bias Desktop on my Macbook, and use my iConnectMIDI4+ to connect them all and establish a a live low latency streaming Audio I/O routing to run all three at once - and use the full MIDI control of  Yonac ToneStack and its A/B Y stereo router

Parallel Processing is where the future lies!

mbenigni

Thanks for posting the prices, Steve.  For $5 I can download the core product and test it for latency myself, and go full tilt if it's significantly better than Bias.  (But - just shooting from the hip - I'm skeptical.)

Elantric

I think its understood BIAS Amp tone still rules - but using my Interfaces that allow "Direct Monitor" reveal exactly what DSP effort it takes to deliver those amazing BIAS tones.

Last weekend I spent an afternoon trying make BIAS work - but wow the latency today running BIAS with iPad Air is MUCH higher than it used to be back in January 2014 -

Raise your hand / post your opinion / contact Positive Grid  if you agree with me

over on this thread 

Positive Grid Bias - Latency
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11658.0

mbenigni

As you know, my hand's already in the air.  But if changes to the OS are to blame for the increase in latency, then P.G. probably can't do a whole lot without compromising their tone.  This is the problem with software on general computing devices, vs. bespoke hardware solutions: you never know who's going to pull the carpet out from under you.

Elantric

And this makes me become very hesitant to simply click "Yes" - anytime Apple introduces a new version of IOS

I suggest let other BIAS users try IOS 8 first, wait for reports of what impact this makes for audio

Remember there are lots useful IOS Audio apps that "broke" with IOS 7  -

like Jack

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jack-audio-connection-kit/id615485734?mt=8

Elantric

http://www.palmsounds.net/2014/07/yonac-are-making-quick-start-video-for.html

http://discchord.com/blog/2014/7/2/tonestack-by-yonac.html#comment20967511

Reader Comments (9)
Excellent app.i've bought the whole pack.for me,the best ios amp and fx simulator with overloud.

July 2, 2014 |  Unregistered CommenterFlo26
Just bought this and had a half hour noodle. It is incredibly impressive and I am sorely tempted to buy the whole enchalada. That said the kit in the basic bundle seems very good, so may do ca. Resist the spluge and explore the basic version first....

July 2, 2014 |  Unregistered CommenterIsm
$50 is a steep price but it comes with a lot. More than jam-up and the effects sound better to me.

July 2, 2014 |  Unregistered CommenterJude
Was tracking this one excitedly since Doug announced he was testing it for thesoundtestroom.

https://www.youtube.com/user/thesoundtestroom/videos
The initial $4.99 download is a no-brainer for any iOS guitarists. I haven't had a chance to actually play it yet, and I want to do that a bit before I would think about the $50 package.

Most of the hype on this one seems to be for the effects (and synth players are even "borrowing" it for that purpose), but my first curiosity is how the guitar amps/cabs sound. I see everyone assuming that Positive Grid's BIAS has just devoured the market for mobile amp simulation, but while that app is quite good: (a) it is somewhat resource hungry; (b) the app itself lacks ANY effects outside of a simple room reverb; (c) when importing BIAS amps into JamUp, the sound quality changes/declines somewhat noticeably.

I welcome a new competitor to this arena, particularly from a developer as respected as Yonac has been with Magellan and Galileo Organ.

July 2, 2014 |  Unregistered CommenterJeff H
Yonac for PRESIDENT!
They really are genius!!!
Buy now!

Love from Sweden!!

July 2, 2014 |  Unregistered CommenterErik Lindblom
why stomp in a puddle when you can swim in a pool ?

July 2, 2014 |  Unregistered Commenterbillythequeer
What narks me a little is that the "gerbil" distortion is soooo weak and quiet. Meh. Still very impressed though.

July 2, 2014 |  Unregistered CommenterIsm
Bias!

July 2, 2014 |  Unregistered Commenterpsysword
For those interested in CPU usage: On iPad 3 with everything closed in the background, 2 pedals and an amp and cab it reported around 15-20% CPU usage.

I have had no issue using iaa to route it through to garage band

Elantric

http://www.yonac.com/tonestack/tonestack_manual.html
ToneStack Help Guide

Connections View
onSTAGE Mode
Setting Input Level Optimally
Setting Simulation Quality and Latency (Buffer Size)
Accommodating Your Audio Interface
Presets: How to Save, Recall, and Share Your Setup
Tapedeck
inSTUDIO
MIDI
Other Tips and Tricks

Connections View

To add an amp, cab, or effect, touch the "FX +" button in the upper right corner to open the FX Browser. To read about each unit and its uses, touch and hold its icon in FX Browser.

To change a unit's position in the signal chain, select the unit's icon (it will light up yellow) and drag it where you want it. To pull up that unit's controls, double tap the unit icon. On the iPhone/iPod double tap anywhere outside of the unit's controls to return back to the signal chain screen.

To replace a unit in the chain, select and hold the icon. The FX Browser will appear.

To remove a unit, select the unit's icon and move it outside the signal chain area (you can move it above or below).

TIP: When adding a unit via the 'FX +' button, the new unit will be placed after the selected unit on the Signal Chain screen, or in the first position if no unit is selected.
onSTAGE Mode

OnStageMode is designed for live performance. To prevent accidental changes, the unit positions in the signal flow are locked in place. All "glowing" units are powered on. To turn a unit off, simply touch its icon, and it will fade out on the signal flow chain. OnStage contains quick-access pads for 32 presets. To save a preset to a pad, select and hold that pad.

Setting Input Level Optimally

Access the Input and Output Audio Level sliders by selecting the Audio Prefs menu. If the audio input level is too high, the amps and distortions may over-distort. If the audio input level is too low, they may sound quiet and "buzzy." We recommend tweaking the input until you are satisfied with your tone.

TIP: you can monitor your current I/O levels with the displays on the AUDIO PREFS menu button.
Setting Simulation Quality and Latency (Buffer Size)

If the CPU % gets too high (as displayed on the Presets Menu Bar) or audio is glitchy, try increasing the buffer size. You can also try lowering the simulation quality (this only affects amps, distortions, and pitch shifters). Older devices (iPod touch, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPad mini) are likely to use more CPU and may require buffer and simulation quality adjustments.

Accommodating Your Audio Interface

An audio interface that connects to the device's lightning port (or 30-pin port) is recommended for the best sound quality.

Audio devices that connect to the device's headphone jack are not recommended, as they cause feedback and suffer from inferior audio quality. ToneStack senses when such an interface is plugged in and turns on "Feedback Reduction." If "Feedback Reduction" does not turn on, you can toggle it on the Audio Preferences menu. You can also disable the automatic Feedback Reduction behaviour on the same menu. Stereo output to headphones or other apps is NOT available in "Feedback Reduction" mode, although your recordings inside ToneStack will still be in stereo.

Presets: How to Save, Recall, and Share Your Setup

Access the Preset Browser by touching the preset display bar in the upper menu. Select a bank on the left-hand table, and then load a preset by selecting it on the right-hand table.

To save a new preset, touch SAVE AS on the bottom left. To save changes to an existing preset, touch OVERWRITE. To delete or re-order presets or banks, touch EDIT on upper right. When finished, touch DONE.

To remove all units on your setup, touch CLEAR. To restore factory presets, touch RESTORE on the upper right. This will reinstall factory presets in a new bank, and will not overwrite any changes you may have made to the originals.

You can conveniently share or import presets by touching SHARE. You can email your banks or presets, or even export them to iTunes File Sharing, where you can download them by connecting your device to iTunes. You can also import bank and preset files you previously uploaded to iTunes File Sharing.

To import a preset or bank via email, just go to your iOS Mail app, and touch the file icon to add it into ToneStack.

You can view most recently used presets by going to the "Recent" bank. You can view your favorite presets by going to the "Favorites" bank. To favorite or un-favorite a preset, simply touch the little star icon on its right.

(iPad Only) You can store a quick-access link to a preset in the ABCD buttons on the upper left of the screen. To store a preset, select it via the Preset Browser, and then touch and hold one of the ABCD buttons. It will flash a couple of times to indicate that the link has been stored. In the future, you can simply touch the same button to load that preset.

Presets also remember BPM data which you can optionally load by disabling the "BPM Lock" on the Metronome Control Screen. In addition, they also remember any MIDI mappings you created via MIDI Learn. For more information, please refer to the MIDI section of this help.

Tapedeck

You can use the Tapedeck to record you ideas on-the-fly, or create loops that you can play along with. To start or stop recording, press the rec button. Turn on the LOOP toggle to enable looping. Use the IN and OUT buttons to punch in loop start and end times -- you can view the in and out times on the counter display. Press CLEAR to reset in and out times.

Use the Count-In Measures selector to specify the duration of count-in before recording starts. Use the Rec Measures selector to record a set number of measures in the current BPM and time signature (TIP: you can access time signature settings by going to the metronome control screen). For return to unlimited recording time, choose "INF" using the Rec Measures selector. If you want the metronome to automatically turn on when recording starts, turn on the Auto Metronome toggle.

Set the output volume and stereo balance using the VOL and BALANCE knobs. Use the FX SEND knob to specify how much of Tapedeck's output is routed through the ToneStack's FX/Amps signal chain. At fully counter-clockwise, none of the Tapedeck output passes through the FX. At fully clockwise, all of Tapedeck's output is routed through the FX chain.

Use the SHIFT selector to enable Time Compression/Expansion or Pitch-Shifting. Specify the amount of the effect using the AMOUNT knob. Time Compression/Expansion speeds up or slows down the playback while retaining its pitch; Pitch-Shifting changes pitch without affecting playback speed.

Touch the FILES button to access the audio files browser. Here, you can load a file to Tapedeck, as well as copy, paste, import and export audio files. You can also access songs you bounced using inSTUDIO.

inSTUDIO

inSTUDIO is a built-in eight-track recorder/mixer that allows you to create your own multi-track recordings, and then mix and share them with minimum hassle. The first two tracks are included in the app - access to all 8 tracks and other features is available as an In-App-Purchase.

To record into a track, first turn on that track's ARM button and then hit the record button in the main control area. To stop recording, press the rec button again or the stop button. You can also press the pause button to stop recording and freeze the playhead on its current location.

To rewind or fast-forward during playback, press the REW or FF button. When finished, press it again. To do the same when playback is off, press and release the REW or FF button for a short jump, or press and hold to seek continuously.

Each track has options that allow you to load or paste audio into it, clear all its audio data, or copy the audio it contains. To access them, simply press the track's numeric indicator near the top of its control strip.

You create, save, duplicate or rename your project by accessing the inSTUDIO MENU. Here, you can also select to bounce or mix-down your project. You can also access and share your previous bounces by selecting "Browse/Share Bounces".

If you obtained the full version of inSTUDIO, you can also set count-in and tempo preferences. All of these are accessible in the MENU area. In addition, the "Load Tempo Data" switch allows you to reload the BPM and time signature info saved with the project the next time the project is loaded.

TIP: if you don't want BPM data to change when you load a preset during your inSTUDIO session, turn on the "BPM Lock" feature by going to the metronome control screen.
MIDI

All the FX and Amp units in ToneStack are conveniently MIDI learnable. The collection of MIDI assignments for a unit is called a "map", as it maps controls on your MIDI hardware to particular knobs or switches in ToneStack.

To start out, you 'teach' ToneStack MIDI by a feature called "MIDI Learn". You can access this feature by going to App Settings -> MIDI and turning on the MIDI Learn (Units) switch. After that, all you have to do is select the ToneStack parameter you want to map to and then manipulate an element on your MIDI controller that you intend to use. If you have an iPhone, double tap a unit icon on the Signal Chain screen to pull up its MIDI learn interface. If your MIDI device is connected properly, you should immediately see a MIDI CC number, as well as a channel ID on that ToneStack Parameter. When finished, just tap DONE on the upper right (iPad) or turn off MIDI learn via the switch you turned it on with (both iPhone and iPad).

These are all the basics. There is also some advanced functionality: if you are an iPad user, these are accessed though the buttons on the top navigation bar when you are in MIDI Learn mode. If you are an iPhone user, you can access all the same functionality by double-tapping a ToneStack parameter on the Units Control Screen.

Each unit can have a default MIDI map that loads whenever you add it via the FX Browser. To save a default map, simply press "Unit Default: SAVE" after programming your unit, ensuring that one of the unit's MIDI Learn controls is selected (it will be red). To load the default map to a unit, select one of its parameters and then touch "Unit Default: LOAD".

In addition, you can use the Numeric Pad (accessed via NUMPAD button on the iPad, and by double tapping a parameter on the iPhone) to manually program a parameters CC/Channel combination.

Use the one of the "CLEAR" options to clear your MIDI mappings: you can clear assignments by parameter, by unit or globally.

You also have options for loading MIDI maps you created in the past. Every ToneStack preset saves the MIDI mapping data you programmed for it. If you want to load the MIDI mapping data in that preset whenever you load the preset, leave the "Load CC Map From Patch" switch under MIDI setting in the on position. If you want the units to inherit from the 'Default Map' we talked about above, put this switch in the off position.

You can separately specify what happens when you add a new unit via the FX Browser. If the "Load Unit Default on Add" switch is on, each new unit that you add will inherit its MIDI assignments from the default map. In the off position, each unit will instantiate with a clear map -- i.e., no assignments.

ToneStack also allows you to control certain app assets with MIDI. These include tuner, metronome, and audio levels controls, as well as sequential bank and preset selection. To learn these controls, touch MIDI Learn (App Controls) under MIDI settings menu.

In addition to up/down program changes, you are able to use standard MIDI program change messages to select a ToneStack bank or preset. You can activate MIDI program changes by going to the MIDI settings menu. You can also specify which channel you would like to receive program change messages on.

To use ToneStack with a physical MIDI clock, or a MIDI clock from another app, put the Use Internal Clock switch on the MIDI Settings menu in the off position.

TIP: Knobs, sliders and touch-menus are all continuous controls that receive CC values in 0-127 range

TIP: All toggles accept MIDI toggle values that switch between less-than 64 (off) and greater-than 64 (on). Refer to your MIDI controller's manual to learn how to program touch-controls as switches or momentary controls.

Other Tips and Tricks

METRONOME: SETTING SYSTEM TIME SIGNATURE AND BPM - Touch the metronome icon on the upper menu to access settings for the time signature, and to manually set the BPM. Turn on the BPM LOCK to prevent presets from loading their BPM data when they are selected. You can also toggle the metronome and set its volume.

TUNER - To enable the tuner, touch its "ON/OFF" symbol on the upper menu area. To open the full-screen tuner, touch the magnifier glass symbol next to it. In the full-screen mode, you can specify A4 and also drop or increase the tuner with 1/4 step increments. Use the MUTE toggle to enable silent tuning.

KNOB RESPONSE AND BEHAVIOR - You can go to APP SETTINGS in the SETTINGS menu (accessible on the lower screen) to change how fast knobs react to your touch. You can also select to control them through a linear, fader-like touch or a rotary touch.

If you're having difficulty using ToneStack as an Inter-App Audio plugin with certain apps, try to manually turn on ToneStack's background audio feature. You can do this by going to the AUDIO PREFS menu.

Elantric

Published on Jun 16, 2014
A Pre Release Look at the new app from Yonac called ToneStack

Well - STEREO GUITAR PROCESSING  (finally!)

at 3:40min the echoplex is VERY analog sounding

and head to 8:50 for the MIDI Control of Everything!

and this comment sells me:
TheSoundTestRoom wrote>
"I'm using an iRig Pro interface and the latency isn't noticeable, well It was fine for me, not sure about the 100% wet overall but almost every effect has a dry/ wet mix, hope this helps?"

===
http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/4806/new-app-from-yonac-called-tonestack-more-info-and-sound-demo/p1

QuoteYes it has a Leslie sim, its not called a Leslie, but it is and it has tons of options, it has 3 Rotary FX not including all the Tremlo stuff, actually I was running my guitar through the rotary stuff last night and it sounded like an organ. I'm not 100% sure here but I think it will come with 6 Amps, 6 Cabs and 20 FX. At this time there are a total of 24 Amps, 24 Cabs and 69 FX. You can get Bundles or purchase seperate.

I cant tell you the price but trust me you will be very very suprised and pleased, I cant tell you the release date but this wont drag on for months, and I cant demo the app yet but I wil be able to soon

So that last paragraph covers the few things I cant say

Jim Williams

I just downloaded this app and I am impressed. the effects are a little better than Jamup but Bias still has the amp modeling better. The amp models are still very good and with my Ipad air I set the latency as low as possible and noticed no obvious latency. I also like the way you can save midi settings per patch. have yet to test it with my Blueboard but I expect no issues.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

whippinpost91850

I'm gonna spring for it when I get off work. Have the weekend to check it out

whippinpost91850

Quote from: Elantric on July 03, 2014, 09:50:49 AM
I did the "Motherload"

- for my Live guitar system - its all about latency.

If Yonac ToneStack has lower latency than Bias - I'm IN even if the Tone is not as polished.

Remember I have a Kemper - the ipad is intended to be my grab and go play a quick fly in gig or live "in studio " radio promo. with just a carry on ipad     

I'm age 59, not saying I'm slow on the draw   - but if I'm improvising a spontaneous solo, every additional millisecond of latency in my signal chain really makes me "loose the groove" - and if you have the wrong drummer who forgets he is the Clock and instead starts following my sluggish "behind the beat" guitar (due to latency)  - I end with every tune being 5% slower tempo by the end of the song

High Latency on any music tool is my personal hell - and explains why Tube Amps still Rule in the DSP world

I know others are able to quickly adapt - and "play ahead of the beat" - but i lack that talent when its "Steve go play your improvised Solo over the next 16 bars" time!
My sentiments exactly, I'm 63 and was enjoying Bias , as a quick and easy sitin/ fill in  tool until recently

Elantric

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/07/02/tonestack-amp-simulator-effects-processor-for-ios-now-available/

==

THOUGHTS ON "YONAC TONESTACK AMP SIMULATOR & EFFECTS PROCESSOR FOR IOS NOW AVAILABLE"
Stiksi on July 2, 2014 at 8:05 am said:
Is the input stereo or mono like in Jamup?

kerm
on July 2, 2014 at 4:39 pm said:
discchord.com did a short writeup about its stereo processing capabilities. Basically, ToneStack provides an ABY splitter that can be used to maintain stereo separation.

Derek Jones on July 2, 2014 at 10:07 am said:
FX that allow a dry/wet mix signal appear to allow stereo through from the original input chain – e.g. if in Audiobus. Anything that is in itself mono – e.g. a speaker cab – appears to fold the signal to mono.

What is being surmised is that the splitter is sending the stereo signal to *each* of the A/B chain. If something in that chain is ostensibly mono, then you lose anything that was stereo in the original signal. However if you only use FX that are stereo, then the stereo signal of the original will pass through as well.

This is from some initial experimentation with it this morning among several folks, including myself, over on iPad Musician.

E.g. if you just put the splitter and summer and no FX in, you'll hear the stereo signal pass through. I used a ping-ponged patch from NLogPro via Audiobus. I then tried with *just* a cab on each of A/B. Result was in mono after the summer. Then I tried with *just* a Studio Delay on each of A and B with the mix at 0. Original NLogPro signal was in stereo. Up'ed the mix levels and set different delays on A and B and I could hear all three – original stereo from NLogPro, and each separate A / B delay.

We've asked Yonac about it. :-) Nice bunch of folks – we'll see what they say.

Stiksi
on July 2, 2014 at 5:37 pm said:
Man I wish someone would just do an fx processor like this in simple stereo. It's not like only guitar players use these, I mostly use them for DM1 beats and synth apps, which all work in stereo and whose sound relies on stereo.

The Ripper-Warner on July 2, 2014 at 10:22 am said:
When I saw this I thought: "Great, finally an alternative to IK Multimedia IAP rip offs! I'll buy it instantly, being a huge fan of Magellen, it can only be great!"

But beware, the real price of the app is 45 (or more) Euros, not 5! You only get a small portion of the advertised features with absolutely no information on how much is missing. The website only mentions the multitrack recorder being limited to 2 channels, but forgets to mention that you have to buy amps and effects separately for over 100 Euros (!) to get the full version advertised in the features list – or pay "only" 45 for everything. In iTunes only 2 of dozens of IAPs are listed – it's more than obvious why.

I think I will be using Magellan at lot less in the future. It's no fair play from Yonac. But obviously that's the way they do it in Durham, NC.

Hot debate. What do you think?
Zymos
on July 2, 2014 at 10:28 am said:
The Yanoc site store (I'm not including the link cause the post will get held up for hours) CLEARLY shows what is included in the base version. All the add ons are detailed as well. While you do have to actually buy the app to see the specific prices for each of the addons, the website doesn't "forget to mention" anything- it is spelled out completely obviously, under the heading "What's Included".

TJ
on July 2, 2014 at 11:35 am said:
"ToneStack comes with 6 classic amps & cabs and 20 FX (with over 68 additional units available for in-app purchase)."

It seems like Yonac (and this post) are pretty clear that there are a lot of add-on options.

The reason companies choose to go with in-app add-ons is that hardly anybody is going to drop serious cash on an app without trying it first. Yonac would probably be better off, though, if they'd release this for free so more people would try it, and make their money off of people buying the add-on effects.

stub
on July 2, 2014 at 11:59 am said:
I agree that it was unclear (at least as it was described above). In the list of specifications it says: "Complete collection: 24 amps & cabs, 70 FX, with stompboxes & rack-units and more" without differentiating what was included and what is up-selling.

I have JamUp and Bias. I haven't been able to get very good results with them because of latency and audio issues (pops, CPU-related perhaps). Would be curious to know if the audio performance is better with this than with JamUp/Bias.

?
Sevrin
on July 2, 2014 at 4:41 pm said:
You can't blame Yonac for your obvious inability to READ their website!

LutherBlissett on July 2, 2014 at 5:08 pm said:
I would like to see a list of ALL the FX currently available and at what price – without having to buy an app. I don't want to spend money on something i'm going to delete if there are no effects I want to use.

stub on July 2, 2014 at 5:34 pm said:
For $5, if it works as advertised, it's a good deal. The MIDI controls and ability to split the signal path are quite nice.

I wish there was a good bass rig included in the basic package. I don't mind "The 59? (is that a Fender Bassman?) but would love to see some other kinds of bass rigs.

I also felt that Positive Grid's "bundle" strategy combined with the redundancy between JamUp Pro and Bias made figuring out which elements to purchase kind of confusing. Ideally you could pick the items you want and just pay for those– but I guess the app store probably doesn't work that way.

Zymos
on July 2, 2014 at 9:42 pm said:
Every single amp and fx in ToneStack is available separately – you don't have to buy any bundles if you don't want to. The bundles are a much better deal though, and the complete pack is a better deal still. But if you just want to add a couple of things to the base app, you can do that too.

Elantric

http://www.yonac.com/forum.html#/discussions

Important thread on routing of ToneStack

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/5010/tonestack-by-yonac-software-out-now-ab-supported-multi-fx-amp-sim-unit/p1

StormJH1 July 3 +1 -1
Can somebody give me like a brief paragraph crash course on how exactly you can use ToneStack as an effect for other apps? I tried two different things:

(1) Tried making an AudioBus chain (Synth/Other Instrument App (Input) -> ToneStack (FX) -> Output (set to either iPad speaker, or a recording app like AudioShare/DAW/etc.);

(2) Tried using ToneStack as an IAA effect in AudioShare, so I selected a synth app as the input in the AudioShare recorder, and then picked ToneStack as the effect.

Both ways, no sound. Or at least not any monitored sound that I could hear. Had BCKD AUDIO turned on everywhere I could find. What am I not getting? (Thanks!)

hwangmanhwangman July 3 +1 -1
@StormJH1 said:

Can somebody give me like a brief paragraph crash course on how exactly you can use ToneStack as an effect for other apps? I tried two different things:

(1) Tried making an AudioBus chain (Synth/Other Instrument App (Input) -> ToneStack (FX) -> Output (set to either iPad speaker, or a recording app like AudioShare/DAW/etc.);

(2) Tried using ToneStack as an IAA effect in AudioShare, so I selected a synth app as the input in the AudioShare recorder, and then picked ToneStack as the effect.

Both ways, no sound. Or at least not any monitored sound that I could hear. Had BCKD AUDIO turned on everywhere I could find. What am I not getting? (Thanks!)

I'm very interested as well. Your first option would be the path that i'd choose, as I'd like to run something like Sunrizer or Nave through ToneStack. I'm worried if that's not going to be possible.

StormJH1StormJH1 July 3 +1 -1
It has to be possible - I swear I read people here doing it all the time. I have trouble in general with IAA chains producing no monitoring sound even when they are actually recording.

JanieJanie July 3 +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
Not that people are holding their breaths, but my problematic ipad 3 degressed into a full-scale meltdown, so my issue with Tonestack killing AB was probably just a case of post hoc ergo propter hoc. I wound up losing all audio. Apps started racing each other to see which could crash the fastest. I decided to save what I wanted through the funbox route and then I went back to the factory settings. I'm sorry for dragging ToneStack through the mud of my problem, so I wanted to come back here to vindicate it. I might wind up springing for the all-in pack.

mmpmmp July 3 +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )
Audiobus option is working for me, just as described. Tried using several synths (Animoog, Arctic Pro, MitoSynth) through TS in Effects to the speaker/headphones output. Working fine on iPad4, iOS 7.1.2

Not sure if it will work all that well for synths though as TS units probably are optimized for guitar-typical sounds. Do synth guys use guitar amps in real life? I really don't know.

I haven't done much with the synths in TS other than to check that they would work, I liked the sound from the synths alone better but haven't experimented with amp and effects settings in TS with the synths so it might work well with more experimentation and tweaking of course. Simply haven't had the time.

telechargetelecharge July 3 +1 -1
Yonac has a forum. Maybe you guys can get some help/tips there?

http://www.yonac.com/forum.html#/discussions

EDIT: I also see where @ShawnLeonhardt posted on Facebook that he "literally ran 35 instruments through this basic 4.99 app," so maybe he can chime in or you can shoot him a PM.

ArcaneScreamsArcaneScreams July 3 +1 -1
@StormJH1 Youre not getting sound? Hmm. This works like any other AB chain. Open AB. In AB Settings, I choose 512 or 1024 first, depending on what I'm about to open. Next, pick an Input app. Doesn't have to be a synth. I used Guitarism as well. Open the Input app first, or you may get feedback. Pick TS either as a Effect or Output. Open it from AB. You may get a popup message in TS about Feedback reduction. In TS, go to Audio Prefs. Turn on Background Audio, and I turn off Feedback options. I put a EQ first in the TS chain, to boost the audio signal coming in, and to carve the sound a bit. I split the incoming audio with a ABY splitter, putting a EQ on both L and R, immediately after the Splitter. Then, I build the chain. See pict.

HmtxHmtx July 3 +1 -1
I would really like to know how taxing ToneStack is on the iOS system. Anyone tested that yet? CPU usage?

JamUp is my other guitar FX app to compare to. Is this similar in resource usage?

Bsteff21Bsteff21 July 3 +1 -1
Audiobus working great on my ipad 4. Used multiple synths and my korg Volcas through it...excellent!

I'm using TS on an iPad 3. As far as taxing goes, the Poly OCT causes the most CPU usage. That said, the pitch shifter in Audulus does the same thing. Too many computations, I guess.

mrufino1mrufino1 July 3 +1 -1
@StormJH1 said:

Are you listening through the speaker? Activate the "monitor live microphone" option.

@ArcaneScreams said:

@StormJH1 Youre not getting sound? Hmm. This works like any other AB chain. Open AB. In AB Settings, I choose 512 or 1024 first, depending on what I'm about to open. Next, pick an Input app. Doesn't have to be a synth. I used Guitarism as well. Open the Input app first, or you may get feedback. Pick TS either as a Effect or Output. Open it from AB. You may get a popup message in TS about Feedback reduction. In TS, go to Audio Prefs. Turn on Background Audio, and I turn off Feedback options. I put a EQ first in the TS chain, to boost the audio signal coming in, and to carve the sound a bit. I split the incoming audio with a ABY splitter, putting a EQ on both L and R, immediately after the Splitter. Then, I build the chain. See pict.

Thank you, I got that to work with Guitarism, but following the same steps with Addictive MicroSynth, it didn't work the first time. What seems to happen is that it will just crap out in ToneStack and then won't work until you load a new preset. After switching from Texas Blues to Boosted Racing Green, I got it to work with Addictive MicroSynth.

So it does work, but if you didn't play around with the presets, you may assume it doesn't. Probably just some connectivity glitches to be ironed out in future updates.

(Update: Pretty cool running these synths through a Fuzz Face or Wah for the first time. Haha)

THANKS!

You're welcome. And I hope we get to hear your thoughts about the amps and cabs.

Glad you're having fun. Korg, iSem, Sunrizer. Seriously.

joegrant413joegrant413 July 3 +1 -1
Pretty impressed so far. Really like polyoct and dual harmonizer. Can't say yet how basic amps and cabs compare to JamUp.

@ArcaneScreams said:

You're welcome. And I hope we get to hear your thoughts about the amps and cabs.

I did get to plug it in briefly yesterday (in addition to messing around with Guitarism, which is a great convenience, but not something I want to base sound quality opinions off of.

What I need to do is start my own presets from scratch. I had a cheap (but modded) Strat into the Texas Blues preset, and it sounded great. But the Fender-y presets in general sounded a bit thin to me. Then again, I felt exactly the same way about the presets in JamUp XT - you really need to set things up from scratch to see what the EQ is doing, check the levels, etc. Only then can you set up "presets" of your own that will work with the guitars you own.

On the encouraging side, there is a preset called "Heavy OD" that runs a ProCo Rat ("Gerbil") into a Marshall Super Lead ("Britannia"). I found that to be incredibly ballsy using only a middle single coil on my Strat, though the default settings had too much saturated gain. So any generalizations that the app as a whole has "thin sounding" apps is definitely wrong.

A word on noise reduction - it does work, but most of the out-of-the-box presets don't include one. The base package does include the Noise X! pedal, which actually seemed to work best at the front of the chain (kind of like an MXR Noise Clamp or something). Noise is actually handled very well in JamUp XT (Provided you have a digital interface and not through the headphone jack), and I think it works here too. The dirt pedals were a bit noisy, but remember that I was running a Strat without humbucker pickups, which is the type of pickup I would normally use for any "gainy" distorted or overdriven sounds.

Based on my initial impressions, there is a good chance I will end up with the $50 Motherload package. There is enough good stuff here that I would spend that much anyway trying to buy only the ones I really want one-by-one or in bundles. I would also note that the variety of distortion pedals here in this initial release is probably the best out of any of the guitar apps (IMO), matched only by JamUp XT with their latest Vintage Effects bundle, which just added an OCD and a few other essentials last month.

supernicd

With the disclaimer that I have been away from my guitar an only driving Tone Stack from iFretless Guitar app, I am really digging this.  It is nice and intuitive to work with, and I'm getting some great tones from it.  In particular, I like that every single thing is MIDI assignable, the ABY split not only for the signal but by frequency, and the fact that your FX chain is basically limitless (think I heard up to 64 FX in a chain but that's crazy).

Yonac has a great history of producing excellent apps, supporting them, and even surprising me with lots of new and excellent features in updates, so I think I'll be "motherloading" this up.
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10

Elantric

SuperNiCd,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - I feel 100% the same!

Thats why i went for the Motherload with no reservation - mostly because Yonac has a very good history of high quality IOS apps and excellent support.

Yonac ToneStack's Stereo FX, and ability to accept 2  separate inputs to allow two separate signal paths starts looking like the VG-99 signal path and capabilities and lower latency than BIAS makes me want to use my iPad again

Elantric

http://www.musicappblog.com/tonestack-launches/

ToneStack launches – Yonac's highly awaited guitar amp sim hits the App Store
July 2, 2014 by John Walden

Yonac's highly awaited guitar amp sim hits the App Storetonestack logo 150x150 ToneStack launches – Yonac's highly awaited guitar amp sim hits the App StoreDeveloper Yonac Inc. will be familiar to most iOS musicians of any long standing as they have a number of iOS music apps on the App Store including the much loved and very popular Magellen synth. There has been quite a buzz in anticipation of their latest app – ToneStack – ahead of its release and, if you have been eagerly waiting, then that wait is now over; ToneStack in in the App Store and, for a limited time only, is available at an introductory price of UK£2.99.
If you haven't guess already, ToneStack is Yonac's take on guitar amp modelling. I've only had a brief chance to wiz through the app so far so I'll get around to a full review of the app in a few days time. However, can I suggest that dedicated iOS music app loving guitar players either just give in to temptation now and hit the download button while the app is on sale or simply stop reading....? ToneStack would appear to be quite good :-)

Fully stacked?

If you have used any of the other popular iOS guitar amp modelling apps such as BIAS (OK, maybe BIAS is somewhat different), JamUp, Mobile POD, Amplitube or AmpKit+, then the basic format of ToneStack will be instantly familiar. You get a collection of modelled guitar amps, speaker cabinets and stomp box effects that you can combine in a very flexible signal chain to build your ideal guitar tones.

There is a preset system for storing tones, an 'onstage' mode for using the app live (and comprehensive MIDI support if you have a suitable MIDI floorboard hooked into your system to control the app). There is also all the usual extra facilities you might expect given the obvious competition; a tuner, an audio file playback system (the Tapedeck) and a built-in recording feature (inStudio; initially 2 tracks but expandable up to 8 tracks).

You get six amps to start with but there are plenty of others available as IAPs.
The initial asking price delivers you 6 different amps, 6 matching cabs (these can be mixed and matched with the amps) and 20 different effects. However, from day 1 there are a range of IAPs available either for individual items or various bundles. These include the 'Motherload' bundle at UK£34.99 that gives you everything currently available taking you to 24 amps and cabs and some 70 effects as well as the full 8-tracks for the recording option. Tone nerds will, I suspect, find this a pretty tempting offer once they have tried the initial selection. That said, even the basic collection is pretty impressive and you can coax a huge range of tones from the very sensible selection of included amp models.
The app launches with both Audiobus and IAA support and the Audiobus support includes State Saving. There is also support for MIDI Clock in and while I have not explored this yet, I suspect that it allows you to sync the tempo of various effects to the tempo of your DAW sending the clock signal. There is, however, also a tap tempo function.
So far, so good; ToneStack stacks up well against the obvious competition in terms of basic features. However, there are a couple of interesting things that have initially caught my eye on the feature list. First, your signal chain, and the number of items within it, are limited only by the CPU capabilities of your iPad or iPhone (the app is universal by the way, requires iOS7 and is a 213MB download). So, if you want to add more stomp boxes than you could possibly carry in a gig bag (and even multiple instances of the same stomp box), then that is perfectly possible.

The ABY pedal allows you to split your guitar input and feed tow independent signal chains.
Even more interesting, however, is the ABY pedal (found in the Utility category). This provides a signal splitter so you can, for example, send the same guitar input signal to two completely different signal chains – two amps, two cabs and two sets of stomp boxes – and either pan them left/right or blend them together. This pedal could be used in other ways, but as a means of treating dual tone configurations, it is brilliantly implemented and a joy to use.

The onStage mode and MIDI support will be great for live users.

Wired for sound?

On paper, ToneStack is most certainly well-specified and stands up well against any of the obvious competition but, of course, it's the sound that actually counts. Thankfully, it sounds fabulous. I have to admit, while the fairly modest selection of presets supplied sounded pretty good (some of them inspired by particular target sounds from well-known guitar players/tracks), I was a bit frustrated at first as these were, to my ears at least, a bit too showy to illustrate some of the effects options.
tonestack in audiobus 1024x768 ToneStack launches – Yonac's highly awaited guitar amp sim hits the App Store
Audiobus and IAA support are provided from the off.

However, strip back the effects and the quality of the actual amp modelling shines through. Even with (just!) the basic six amps included, you can go from glassy clean through to monster metal with all the obvious stops in between. And if you want a range of tones suitable for blues and rock, then there are plenty of options to be had. Many (all?) of the included amps feature dual channels so there is actually more choice than the headline six amps number suggests anyway.

Having bought the app and loved the sound, how long before you need the Motherload IAP? Not essential but very desirable.... :-)
While I've only done a limited amount of auditioning so far – and it would be really interesting to do some A/B testing alongside my usual iOS guitar amp squeezes – I think ToneStack stacks up very well indeed sonically...  Even as an initial reaction, I'd happily use it in my own projects, commercial or otherwise. This is excellent stuff...  although a bank of additional presets that just illustrate the basic amp tones would be nice to see for new users :-)

In summary

Guitar playing iOS music app fans are going to want to give ToneStack a try. If you already own one of the better iOS guitar amp sims then it would be difficult to say that you 'need' ToneStack but, unless you have rock solid will power, can I suggest you just don't bother wasting too much time; buy it at the introductory price of UK£2.99 (small coffee + small cake) and enjoy it anyway. When I've explored further, I'll posted some further details, but as a guitar tone junkie, ToneStack is already an app I'm beginning to love.

======
COMMENTS
Jeff H says:
July 2, 2014 at 5:45 pm
"Johnny on the spot" once again with the instant-gratification-launch-article!

For the American readers out there, the base app is $4.99 U.S., effects are generally $1.99 to $3.99 each, amps are almost all $3.99 each, bundles (a few amps and a half-dozen effects are $9.99), and Motherload v. 1.0 is $49.99 U.S. You'd probably save 15-30% doing the Motherload versus buying ALL the bundles, or more than that if you buy a bunch of individual items.

Due to "life" getting in the way, I can't try it out yet, and probably wont in any detail for a few days. But it looks quite impressive, and I was glad to hear John talk about the quality of the clean amp tones themselves being very good.

A few lingering concerns I have – the app has AudioBus, but is effects-only so far on Inter-App Audio. I would like see to it updated eventually to work as a generator/instrument, like you can do with apps like Magellan and iFretless Bass. Also, there is a CPU usage display, which is a bit of a psychological freakout. Many of the default presets had that thing at 36% CPU without adding effects or plugging a guitar into it (on my iPhone 5s). The app is universal, so I didn't buy it "expecting" my iPad 2 to handle it, but it would be nice if it could.

All in all, it looks great. Glad to hear the mostly positive feedback so far.

John says:
July 3, 2014 at 3:40 pm
Hi Jeff, I like seeing the CPU usage... it's good feedback and, on my Air (I know, not an iPad 2!) it seemed to cruise pretty happily. If I get the chance, when I put together a full review I'll do some side-by-side CPU measurements on an iPad 2 and include those for reference.... Best wishes, John

Cuscolima says:
July 2, 2014 at 7:49 pm
Well, I bought it, tried it, and it is really really cool to have these two channels you can configure to have some stereo effects. The app is however buggy, I lost several time my Apogee Jam input, switching to the internal microphone with no way to recover my signal. Not expensive...but not finished...

John says:
July 3, 2014 at 3:30 pm
Hi Cuscolima.... I did most of my own testing with an iRig PRO and didn't experience this issue at all.... In fact, I haven't yet experienced any real issues at all. I've still to really push the app via Audiobus and IAA though so I'll see how I get on with that when I put up a full review.... best wishes, John

supernicd

Video demo/tutorial on using the ABY splitter from the developer.

VG-99, GR-55, GP-10

supernicd

Quote from: Elantric on July 04, 2014, 07:39:32 AM
SuperNiCd,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - I feel 100% the same!

Thats why i went for the Motherload with no reservation - mostly because Yonac has a very good history of high quality IOS apps and excellent support.

Yonac ToneStack's Stereo FX, and ability to accept 2  separate inputs to allow two separate signal paths starts looking like the VG-99 signal path and capabilities and lower latency than BIAS makes me want to use my iPad again

Well, I went ahead and picked up the Motherload.  I was going to wait until I  could try it with an actual guitar, but frankly, I've used iFretless Guitar enough to be pretty sure what it's going to sound like.  No regrets.  There's actually a really good selection in the base app, but with the Motherload, it feels like the sky is the limit.  I really like the Rotary Box port over from Galileo - it is one of the most authentic sims I've heard.  And having a 14-band dual channel graphic EQ (and being able to insert multiple instances of that into the chain) is just bliss.  Just hoping when I get it connected to a guitar and an FRFR amp that it has that live tube feel.

iFretless Guitar has a built in loop player, so I've been using that to make a phrase, then start tone tweaking.  I'm hoping the internal 8 track recorder can do the same kind of loop, where records the dry signal and can then send it through the FX chain - it looks like it can.  That's something I always miss on Roland units since I don't have 3-4 hands. :)  (I know the little trick with the VG-99 but 2 seconds isn't much).
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10

mbenigni

"First, I bought ToneStack (just the base product at the $5 intro price) and Flying Haggis - impulse purchases really, but I wanted to see if they felt any better than JamUp had the last time I used it. 

Flying Haggis: very low latency, and I love the no-nonsense simplicity about it, from the single-screen UI to the fixed, well-documented CC MIDI programmability.  I.e. have your controller send the specified numbers, done.  Keeps the software simple so there's very little learning curve.  The whole thing is sufficiently spelled out in about 2 pages of text, which includes a nice introduction concerning the developer's design philosophy.  Having said all that, I'm not personally crazy about its tone, and it is perhaps just slightly too simple for my needs: e.g. I could use at minimum a good OD/DIST in the effects chain, and a more flexible reverb.  But if the developer revs. the app to these or other ends, I hope he doesn't compromise his vision of a simple, one-screen amp sim.  It's extremely uncommon these days, and refreshing.

Then I tested ToneStack, and the default Texas Blues tone kind of blew me away - night and day after Flying Haggis.  I turned up the Reverb Mix, turned down the Reverb tone a bit, and was instantly happy.

Then the weird thing:  I wanted a comparison, so I ran JamUp.  And (drumroll please) the latency was.... fine.  I don't understand it.  I tried several amps, and while I was aware of latency (in other words, aware I was running a software modeler), I heard nothing that would have justified my comments of last week. One major variable: on Friday night I installed the upgrade to iOS 7.13, but based on all I'd read, I actually expected that to make matters worse, not better.

So who knows?  Maybe the f/w update purged memory in some way that a cold boot doesn't?  Maybe in a short while JamUp will start acting up again?  Maybe they ALL will?  In any event I bought the ToneStack Motherload and I spent the rest of the week happily working there.  I can't say yet which I like better of ToneStack vs. JamUp.  JamUp allows for deep editing via Bias, but Tonestack wins me over by virtue of one simple feature I'd been looking for high and low:  a tape deck with a continuous pitch control knob - not just semi-tones.  Learning covers recorded in the 50's and 60's, for instance, this is a serious help."

One more screen cap, worth 1000 words.  Continuous pitch controls for tape deck (marked in yellow.)  There are plenty of standalone apps that do this, of course, but it's great to have the feature integrated into a good "home base" amp sim like this.

Elantric

QuoteOne more screen cap, worth 1000 words.  Continuous pitch controls for tape deck (marked in yellow.)  There are plenty of standalone apps that do this, of course, but it's great to have the feature integrated into a good "home base" amp sim like this.

Might also add that ToneStack's Eight Track Recorder is Eight Stereo Audio Tracks - so its rather like having the resources of a 16 track recorder built -in