GR-55 - Get many of the GR-55 Guitar Mode Forum Patches Here!

Started by A2theT, April 17, 2011, 05:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A2theT

Circa Feb 2014
( many more GR-55 patches since this was created  - find them here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=67.0
)
One compilation is categorized by genre and the other compilation has been zipped up alphabetically.   

A couple of other things to note: 
Patches have been renamed to include the patch name, artist name, and creator (forum member).  The reason for this is because there were so many patches that started with the name Flash or AJ or LM etc, so I put the creators name at the end.  This way if you're looking to trial a bunch of Pink Floyd patches you can see them all in a row as they all start with Pink Floyd. There are also a few patches of mine mixed in that I have never posted before.

If you find a patch you like or have questions regarding a patch, please go to the root of the "GR-55 Patches" forum and try and search on the original post.  There may be insight on the use of controllers or vital information regarding that patch.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

ddlooping

Thanks for taking the time to do this, A to the T. :)

Off-topic: I like your karma. ;D
Diaz Guitars (work in progress)

Kenmac

"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

EricP1954

Is there a reset button on the GR-55 to go back to the factory patches after the user patches have been loaded?

gumtown

Quote from: EricP1954 on April 17, 2011, 12:44:03 PM
Is there a reset button on the GR-55 to go back to the factory patches after the user patches have been loaded?
There is the Factory Reset option, which i have not used yet, which a full reset will restore the GR-55 to "out of the box" state with factory patches and settings restored.
The LEAD, RHYTHM, and OTHER catagories all have a copy of the Factory patches used in User locations U01:1 to U99:3, plus in the USER patch locations the set of Factory patches is duplicated U01:1 to U49:3 and U50:1 to U99:3.

What I have done is made a backup of all User Factory patches with the Librarian software when the GR-55 first came out of the box, so latter if i have used much of the User patch memory, I can recall any of those patches for use.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Gastric

Note that any PCM only tones should be fully usable between both bass and guitar mode. What I mean is, you can use PCM only patches made in guitar mode into the bass mode and visa versa.

gumtown

You can use any patch designed for one Mode, on the other Mode.
The only item is the Modeling which will be different, the opposite mode's Modeling settings will be ignored, and some of the Assigns further up the Target list will be different, but every other patch parameter will be exactly the same.

All the patches posted here are also being sponged up for the GR-55Floorboard editor, for all to share and be on hand for all to use.  ;D 
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

ddlooping

Quote from: gumtown on April 17, 2011, 04:49:52 PM
All the patches posted here are also being sponged up for the GR-55Floorboard editor, for all to share and be on hand for all to use.  ;D

Cool  8)

A2theT

Quote from: gumtown on April 17, 2011, 04:49:52 PM

Fantastic. Too bad we couldn't get a hold of the uncompiled code for the VG editor.  I'd like to point out that although manufacturer's editors have a large company behind them, their commitment to end-user design changes is minimal and takes ages.  Honestly gumtown, your work is highly commendable.  Roland should take whatever financial budget they allocated for the VG editor and cut you a cheque for creating the GR editor.  As far as I'm concerned, your work and our user forum helps propel and sell the product.  I know someone who was adamant that they would NOT purchase the GR-55 because it had no GUI patch editor.  When I pointed them to your sourceforge they made the purchase.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

EricP1954

Thanks, Gumtown, I'm looking forward to playing with these patches!

Elantric

QuoteFantastic. Too bad we couldn't get a hold of the uncompiled code for the VG editor.  I'd like to point out that although manufacturer's editors have a large company behind them, their commitment to end-user design changes is minimal and takes ages.  Honestly gumtown, your work is highly commendable.  Roland should take whatever financial budget they allocated for the VG editor and cut you a cheque for creating the GR editor.  As far as I'm concerned, your work and our user forum helps propel and sell the product.  I know someone who was adamant that they would NOT purchase the GR-55 because it had no GUI patch editor.  When I pointed them to your sourceforge they made the purchase.

Thanks again "A to the T" for making these GR-55 User patch Zip files!

Everytime I consider the lameness of Roland's decision of:

* Not having a User Forum

* Not creating a GR-55 Editor

I realize these weaknesses have become strengths to the end- user community. I feel Gumtown's GR-55 Floorboard Editor is superior than anything Roland Corp could have created internally, and the past 4 months of all of us sharing daily posts of real user experiences with the GR-55 has enabled VGuitarForums to become the "go to place to locate solutions for the best work flow with Roland VGuitar products. I doubt we would have the same success with these products if we did not have a community of real end users creating work-a-rounds, for the missing features "not found" in these Roland products.

also  - this thread is from  Circa Feb 2014
( many more GR-55 patches exist since this was created  - find them here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=67.0
)

ddlooping

A2theT

Oh crap!  What happened to my beautiful -666 karma... lol
HEAVY on the METAL

ddlooping

gumtown

Quote from: A to the T on April 18, 2011, 04:24:12 PM
Oh crap!  What happened to my beautiful -666 karma... lol
I was curious about the so i applauded you 1 to -665, how did it get like that - bad boy?

A2theT

Just a silly request I had back when dd and I were sending in Vguitarforum logo ideas.  I thought it would drum up some interesting comments but not much came of it. lol
HEAVY on the METAL

Kmachman

Jackson w/GK3
Roland VG-99
Roland GR-20
Digitech VL4
(On Order) Roland GR-55

A2theT

HEAVY on the METAL

thatsrayor

This is awesome, thank you!!  :D

Is there any way to bulk load the patches to the GR55? So far I've just been loading a patch, copying it to a clipboard, pasting it then writing it. I'm hoping there's a quicker way...

samandlyn

Quote from: Elantric on April 18, 2011, 10:58:22 AM
Thanks again "A to the T" for making these GR-55 User patch Zip files!

Everytime I consider the lameness of Roland's decision of:

* Not having a User Forum

* Not creating a GR-55 Editor

I realize these weaknesses have become strengths to the end- user community. I feel Gumtown's GR-55 Floorboard Editor is superior than anything Roland Corp could have created internally, and the past 4 months of all of us sharing daily posts of real user experiences with the GR-55 has enabled VGuitarForums to become the "go to place to locate solutions for the best work flow with Roland VGuitar products. I doubt we would have the same success with these products if we did not have a community of real end users creating work-a-rounds, for the missing features "not found" in these Roland products.

Hear hear again !
Without this forum and what I have learned from it, the GR-55 could only be used at maybe 10% of its capacity ( at least for me).
And people's videos are inspirational too. 
Also got to mention again  Kennis Russell's videos which are fantastic

samandlyn

A to the T,
Awesome, thanks for that great effort.

By the way, speaking of patches,

has anyone made a good patch for the opening synth/brass sounds in " Jump" by Van Halen?

TommyJay

Maudibe

Thank you A to T for all your hard work - as a new owner this is sure going to save me a lot of time.  :-*

jlf

Pbalris

Hi all,

I'm Gert from NL, and I'm just new here. I'll be checking out the patches in the days to come. Thanks for the awesome work of making, sorting and sharing those patches!