MS-3 - Solo Setting

Started by ACFerguson, September 29, 2017, 08:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACFerguson

I've noticed under the various settings, in the Editor, that when I look at a patch with the expanded view (i.e., I see all the Fx Mod NS, etc. on one screen) that there is a setting under the FX for SOLO. I'm assuming this is like a boost of some sort for doing a solo. I've played with it and set the levels to a variety of different numbers. However, when I press the current number foot switch a second time, I don't notice any difference. I would like to incorporate this into my patches that I'm beginning to build; however, I've not been able to discern how to make this work. Could someone please outline how this would be accomplished?

As a side note, I have created an Assign to FX2 for the CURNUM and I set this up as a CLEAN BOOST. So, I tap the same number footswich and it toggles FX2 on and off. This gives me a boost for leads. However, it chews up FX2 for just this. If there is a way to set-up the SOLO setting, that would be far better.

Thanks,

Tony

admin

"SOLO" is a carry over from the Boss GT effects, it adds a bit more gain for leads 

On some Roland / Boss products the "SOLO" ( with Solo Switch and Solo Level) can be controlled directly as Control Assignment Targets  

But not on MS-3 or Katana - instead adjust the Solo Settings  to taste and save with the FX1