piezo saddle to the gk-3 control unit ?

Started by gtlist, September 11, 2015, 12:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtlist

is it possible or anyone tried?

I have gk-3 installed strat. It's great but I Just need 13 pin for making acoustic guitar sound. and piezo saddle is better for making acoustic. so the solution is just put rmc or ghost. But I don't want drilling my pretty strat. so why not put piezo saddle into the gk-3 control unit? will it work? any suggestion?
Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe hss with gk3.Tom Anderson Atom wraparound bridge.
Tom Anderson Crowdster plus+ with gk3.
Steinberger GTPro hsh with sustainer pu and Gk3
Taylor 814CE,   Taylor GS Mini, Epiphone masterbilt dr500mce, martin xt1
Roland Gp-10, voicelive 3, Boss Sy-1000

Elantric

Most use a RMC Fanout box to access the dry tone of a GK-3 PU ( which is not all that great

http://www.rmcpickup.com/fanoutbox.html

But if you have a typical Steel string Acoustic guitar with Piezo bridge PU - you can mount a GK-3 and feed the 1/4" piezo out into the Gk-3 Input and use one 13 pin cable to GP-10, GR-55 

GK-3 on Acoustic
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=670.msg101669#msg101669

gtlist

thank you very much Elantric not only just this time but all the information and suggestion you put it here.

sorry for the poor English. The Gk-3, there is hex pickup part and control part. I think my hex pickup part is broke. so instead of fixing hex pickup, I am considering take the hex pickup out from the Gk-3 unit and put ghost piezo saddle into the gk-3. will it work? anyone ever tried it?
Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe hss with gk3.Tom Anderson Atom wraparound bridge.

Elantric

GK-3 preamp is not designed to work with Piezo saddles.

But does not hurt to try. Ibanez did use Piezo saddles with Roland GK internal kit

LR Baggs Piezos tend to work in this scenario  - your mileage may vary.

gtlist

Good to hear that Ibanez did it. It means that there is some possibility. I will try it. thank you again ;D.