SY-300- Using BTS Live Sets

Started by gobi, February 18, 2018, 07:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobi

I'm still confused, how to use Live Sets.
I know how to create them, but I dont understand how to simply use them? I mean, how could I (quick) cange between Liveset 1 and Liveset2 for example?
...sorry  for my bad english, i'm from germany

ElliotG

On the Librarian page of the BTS, select a live set, the at the top of page click the apply liveset button.  The list of patches will be applied started at U01.

gobi

Yes, but whats the way to do it with the SY allone, I mean on stage for example??

ElliotG

Live sets are a concept of the librarian, not the SY300 HW.  You need to use the tone studio to access and load the live set patches.  The SY300 can only select the patches that are already stored with in the unit.

Rather than set one and set two, you could create a "Live Set" that covers the whole performance.  You could drag and drop those 2 set lists into one "Live Set" and then apply that to the SY300.  ...Or have a laptop on stage.

admin

The concept of a Liveset extends to all new Boss gear (SY-300, GT-1, GP-10) including the Katana amp

Boss Tone Studio is both a patch Editor and patch librarian, the. Array of desired User patches you want loaded in the Boss device's memory  to use  at the gig is called a Liveset.file .

gobi

ok, thanks -  I think I got it - so LiveSet means the hole performance of all songs I will do, not only one

admin

Quote from: gobi on February 18, 2018, 10:07:02 AM
ok, thanks -  I think I got it - so LiveSet means the whole performance of all songs I will do, not only one

A Liveset can be any size and using Boss Tone Studio you arrange your desired patches in the locations and order you define

Best to download and read the Boss Tone Studio Manual which also contains SY-300 Parameter definitions 

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15397.0

gobi

Yes, I have this allready - my confusion was the imaination "every song it's own LiveSet"

ElliotG

At the risk of being redundant... you got it.  Think of the "live set" as your set list.  If you have multiple patches per song, you could lay them out in order.  You may organize the patches so that during a performance you only press the "next patch" button to change patches.  So you set list might look like:

Song 1 Intro
Song 1 Verse
Song 1 Chorus
Song 1 Verse
Song 1 Chorus
Song 1 Bridge
Song 1 Chorus
Song 1 Outro

Song 2 Intro...  Song N Outro.

Of course replace "Song 1" with a short version of the songs title...  You want the info on the screen to help you during the performance.