New GT ''200'' when?

Started by yanakosk, September 07, 2015, 03:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yanakosk

Hi to all, sorry for my bad english.

I sold my GT 100, now working temporally with my back up gt8. Im looking for an future upgrade in the same money category, 500euro. I was not completely satisfied with my gt 100 with the high gain rhythm sounds, (lead sound was very good). I like the sound of line6-500X but I don't like the way it works, i use always to have GT s pedal boards, gt5, gt8 & gt100.
Any body knows when the new gt 200 will released?  I read somewhere, for January 2016....

stratrat

Roland never let on as to when they are going to release a new model until they show up at a NAMM or Frankfurt show with it. There is never any advance warning.

I think it may be a bit soon for a new model anyway - I'd guess another couple of years. Then again, you never know...

yanakosk

I see.  From  the previous models, they come with new model every 3-4 years.
GT 100 was released in 2012...

admin

Boss spent $$ to update the GT-100 to Version 2 firmware and make it match the sound of the newer GT-001 and both are compatible with Boss Tone Studio. Doubt we see a newer model until 2018

Jim Williams

Agreed No new processors for a while.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

EWSEWS

I think GT100 got every thing as for tone modification but needed some upgrades for amp modling ;D

yanakosk

Loot of room for improvements in high gain amps, low gain and clean amps sound good to very good...

EWSEWS

Want more upgrade just like sitar sim ::) and Rythem section for live performance All Rolland have given only signal chain not the drum machine nor a Gig bag and a big pedal bord to carry like a dumb

yanakosk

Mocke up. My dream GT pedalboard for the stage

Would you like something like that for the new model?

With input level with peak led (for various guitars), 8 patches and buttons for the FX (like the gt10)

Sorry for the bad mock up i am not a graphic designer! 

pomfret

Quote from: yanakosk on December 21, 2015, 01:47:45 PM
Mocke up. My dream GT pedalboard for the stage

Would you like something like that for the new model?

With input level with peak led (for various guitars), 8 patches and buttons for the FX (like the gt10)

Sorry for the bad mock up i am not a graphic designer!

Good job, I like it! :)

Only thing I would add would be one or two more loops (like Helix or G-System), that'd be perfect.

Elantric

Add a GK 13 pin input and DSP Alt Tuning Guitar modeling and Guitar to PCM, Guitar to MIDI I might get interested.

sixeight

If Roland would follow the vision of Line6 and beat the Helix both in sound quality, diversity and functionality, that would be something.

admin

In 2003,  I was saying essentially the same thing - but the other way around  (comparing a VG-88 to a Variax + POD XT Live)

If Line-6 would follow the vision of Roland and beat the VG-88 both in sound quality, diversity and functionality, that would be something.

Both company's raise the bar and leap frog against the other for Hex PU guitars driving DSP processors for years now -
Antares competes well too.

Competition is a good thing.   

===

Why Roland Why
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=12520.0

yanakosk

My effort was to present something functional, that will not add to the existing price!!!

I really don't know if Rolland - Boss is interesting to make a flagship competitor in the 1500$ price. If they want, is not difficult for them to make it, but i don't believe, because we all know the big sales - big profit is in the up to 500$ price range.

yanakosk

Do we have any rumours for the winter NAMM 2016, regarding new pedalboard from Roland-Boss?

yanakosk

Purchase a Boss GT-100 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal between 3/
01/16 and 3/31/16 and be eligible to receive a $100 mail-in rebate directly from
Roland!

New GT Effects Pedal in the horizon... ;)

admin

Watch for April 2016 Musikmesse. Nothing confirmed- but Roland /Boss has focused more on Europe Musikmesse for introducing ground breaking new high tech guitar product releases past 4 years. 

In USA it's all about Kanye West so they will remove V-Link and replace with a Kanye-Link  button which mutes the guitar and generates a break beat Auto Rap - expandable with more Raps available from BRS ( Boss Rap Studio) a separate purchase ;(

Chumly

In sync with a model of Korg Miku Stomp through a Boss SL-20!
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

EWSEWS

Quote from: yanakosk on September 07, 2015, 03:24:18 AM
Hi to all, sorry for my bad english.

I sold my GT 100, now working temporally with my back up gt8. Im looking for an future upgrade in the same money category, 500euro. I was not completely satisfied with my gt 100 with the high gain rhythm sounds, (lead sound was very good). I like the sound of line6-500X but I don't like the way it works, i use always to have GT s pedal boards, gt5, gt8 & gt100.
Any body knows when the new gt 200 will released?  I read somewhere, for January 2016....

You Did Great Dude its not working as all players on web claims its only a new covered old book.......

Elantric

QuoteNew GT Effects Pedal in the horizon... ;)

Not likely, and  2016 Musikmesse is history

I do not expect a new GT for another few years  - Boss/Roland  tends to refresh the "GT-x" category on a 5-7  year cycle

yanakosk

1995 - GT-5
1997 - GT-3
2001 - GT-6
2005 - GT-8
2008 - GT-10
2012 - GT-100

That is 3 to 4 year cycle.

GT100 was released in Jan. 2012..... Maybe they are up to something more special than usual....   

gumtown

GT-001 and
GT-100 V2 firmware could be counted as a product cycle step.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

yanakosk

I thought that too, specially after Musikmesse 2016....

GT10player

I would like to see a gain reduction meter for people who use compressors. Also they could work on the uni-vibe effect. Aesthetically I really love the layout of the GT-10, the silver could be a better color, but I like the green and red LEDS over the LEDS and dual screen of the GT-100.

Also, if they could incorporate some of the organic woody tone and natural sag/compression ....like you hear in the Mustang III and IV amps, that would be great.

If the Mustang v1's didn't have the fizz issues, I would say those are the best sounding modeling equipment. I would like Boss to take the title back, I've never like Line 6 anything but I haven't tried the Helix stuff.

Elantric

I still Doubt we see a newer model until 2018

QuoteIf the Mustang v1's didn't have the fizz issues, I would say those are the best sounding modeling equipment.

Agreed - luckily the Mustang Amp "V2" models have no fizz -
But its not really suited for gear we talk about here - but I recently acquired a gently used Mustang Amp III "V2" for under $300 and its an amazing sounding amp, and versatile and light to carry - wish it had a better integrated  floor controller, but there is a lot that can be accomplished with their Mustang 4 button switch + 2 button switch+ Expression pedal with user map-able  Control Assignments   and use a cheap Android tablet you can have a touch interface for tweaking at gigs - or grab & go for jams / rehearsals
http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=88377
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=6879.0