GP 10 with vocalist?

Started by Singwas, April 12, 2016, 10:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Singwas

Is it possible to send a "clean" Guitar-Signal to a vocalist? I mean COSM-Guitars (with altered tunings), like I can on a GR 55?
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

CodeSmart

The guitar output is not modelled (hence it's not noisy like the GR-55).
And if using left/right or phones output the vocalist gets all the guitar effects.
There's no clear solution as I see it.

Quote from: Singwas on April 12, 2016, 10:45:24 PM
Is it possible to send a "clean" Guitar-Signal to a vocalist? I mean COSM-Guitars (with altered tunings), like I can on a GR 55?
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

WalterM817

The only way I've been able to work this is direct output of guitar to vocalist and return to GK 3. Too many cords but it works.......

CodeSmart

My (blue) vocalist is directly connected to the GP-10 guitar out. Works fine as long as I'm not doing alternate tunings in GP-10.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Majiken

I am setting up the guitar into the GP10 including modelings and any mono FX I might have on a patch- the left channel goes into a Mackie 402 mixer, whose output goes into the aux in of my semi-new VL3X. The right channel (identical signal to left) goes to the guitar in, and altered tunings work for the voice as well, which I think is what you're looking for. It doesn't work with earlier equipment, but the VL3X is quite versatile controlling both guitar and vocal FX, and their stereo FX quality is great. And, the vocal harmonies are WAY ahead of what they were before, and I liked them then- now you can really make them natural sounding.  So, what I'm hoping to achieve is a very portable wet-dry-wet setup, and initial results are promising  :).
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks