GR-55 - Addicted To Love- Robert Palmer

Started by vablows, April 05, 2012, 03:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vablows

I am going to be sharing all my presets this weekend, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get the synth tones for Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer?
I have been able to figure out sounds and settings for every other song I need, but this one has me stumped.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

papabuss

Hi vablows
if you mean the brass section I would prefer GR 55 LEAD 19-2 Fat Brass Sec
Works also fine with songs like SLEDGE HAMMER ;)
BTW  You has an idea/patch for the "flute" at about 3:00?

Hope I could help you. :)
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

dnedwek

For the breathy flute sound, I'd start with one of the Shakuhachi patches (396 or 402).
You'll probably need to tune both the patch settings and your playing style to match the sound (originally from a Fairlight, I believe).

papabuss

Hi denedwek
I'm not at my system at the moment (must watch the Championsleague semifinal footballmatch Fc Bayern Munich - Real Madrid ;))..
But I remember that I had also made a patch with choosing the Shakuhachi patches (396 or 402).
What about posting one?
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

schfiftyfive

I realize this has been years but again I'm clearing one up for anyone that comes after me. The "pop" guy in this vid has several, including sledgehammer (which papabuss said would work).

I think the link to his patch set is in the description. I loaded sledgehammer yesterday, as well as several others.

admin

Jim Williams

QuoteI was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get the synth tones for Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer?
I have been able to figure out sounds and settings for every other song I need, but this one has me stumped.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try a analog synth horns 569 to 576 are 80's synth horns you might find your sound there.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.