RMC preamp production date (or Brian Moore i2.13)

Started by jodama, May 03, 2017, 07:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodama

I recently grabbed a Brian Moore i2.13, and I'm trying to figure out what year it was built. Does anyone have any insight into how I can go about it? I've tried to look up serial numbers, but I haven't found a good source.

The reason I'm asking is because I read somewhere on here that there were some major changes to the RMC preamp that happened around 2009 I think? I can't find where I read that, so I may be misremembering.

I haven't seen a whole lot of difference between this RMC and a graphtech I have in another guitar, so I was thinking maybe it was pre-modification or something.

admin

Post a pic?

here is a summer 2011 RMC Polydrive-X board in a stock  2012 Godin xtSA
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3912.25
in the middle of the PC board , "110818"  =  2011, August 18

Paresh

You can write the company, send pix including the headstock & they will send you info about yr guitar.
paresh

jodama

The S/N starts with 01, so that means it's most likely from 2001? If so, it's really surprising that it's so old. I'm going to send some pics to the company for confirmation. I couldn't see a date on the board itself, but I'm going to give it a closer look and maybe post a photo here.

It seems to be a massive consensus here that RMC outperforms Graphtech, but I haven't really noticed any difference between this RMC system and the Ghost system in my other guitar. If anything, the Ghost actually sounds and works better across a wide spectrum of different applications. I guess that makes sense if it's 15 years newer in the technology department.

Would upgrading the RMC system to a newer version be as simple as swapping out the preamp, or is it more involved than that?