GT-100 Amp Control

Started by madkingdom, March 01, 2017, 06:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madkingdom

Hello!
I'm totally new, not only in the forums but as an User of the Gt-100.
First let me say that this site is huge! and I've found great information.
The Gt100 seems a great FX pedal so far, i tried direct to my PC, and with 4MC through my Marshall DSL 100h, but there's some things that maybe i cannot get to work properly, and one of those is the Amp Control via the GT 100.  My Footswitch works with a (stereo cable) with two pins, contrary to what the boss gt100 works with. I mean, the Input/output(amp control)  in The GT 100 is mono i guess? ( so when i try to make My GT change the channels in my amp) only seems to turn on/off 1 single channel.  In my case just the Ultra Chanel works, but with two issues : 1. A great delaymaybe 0.5 secs after press the pedal, and 2. Noise ...ugly Noise!! IS there something Am I doing wrong? or is just the Gt 100 cannot control my amp?
Thanks in advance.
PS. sorry about my English. ;D

gumtown

Hi, and Welcome..  :)
Quotethe Input/output(amp control)  in The GT 100 is mono i guess?
yes, that is correct.

You might need to make a custom cable, with a mono (TS) jack plug for the GT-100, and a stereo (TRS) jack plug for the amp.
connect both the plug's shield together, and connect the GT-100 mono plug to either the amp's plug tip or ring, depending on which function you want it to do.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

madkingdom

Quote from: gumtown on March 01, 2017, 06:38:01 PM
Hi, and Welcome..  :)yes, that is correct.

You might need to make a custom cable, with a mono (TS) jack plug for the GT-100, and a stereo (TRS) jack plug for the amp.
connect both the plug's shield together, and connect the GT-100 mono plug to either the amp's plug tip or ring, depending on which function you want it to do.

thank you sir!
When you say "depending on which function you want it to do." is for the GT to control Channels and Reverb (cuz my Dsl footswitch controls both), so i guess i need to build 2 cables with different configurations (connections) and see what happens next'?

gumtown

Yeah, depends on which function you want the GT-100 to control, I couldn't say which one does the channel selection (tip or ring of jack plug),
so you will have to experiment (50/50 hit or miss).
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/