GT-100 - Live Rig/Set up question for GT-100

Started by PatrickB, February 13, 2017, 02:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrickB

Would like to run the Gt-100 thru PA system AND to another amp onstage (thru effects return) for a monitor/stage sound. Anyone have any tips/experience doing this? 

OldPunk

Perhaps use a DI/splitter?  Or straight into your amp's return, then out to PA..

gumtown

Use the L/R main outputs to the PA/desk, with output select set the "Line/Phones" to enable cabinet emulation.

Move the S/R loop to the end of the chain and use the "S/R Send" to the amp,
this will bypass the cabinet emulation which resides at the output stage of the signal chain.
Ensure the SR Loop is set to "Branch out" mode to keep the through signal going to the main output.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

PatrickB

Sevenmodes

Patrick - I have a few follow up questions because I'm thinking of doing the same.

What are you using for stage amp/monitor? Are you happy with splitting to PA and using the cab sims? Have you (or anyone) compared with mic'ing the stage amp and turning off cab sims?

I've been considering a Tech 21 PE60 (or similar...suggestions appreciated) as my stage amp or similar for a while and wondering if others had experience.

PatrickB

Quote from: unccivil on March 27, 2017, 09:51:59 AM
Patrick - I have a few follow up questions because I'm thinking of doing the same.

What are you using for stage amp/monitor? Are you happy with splitting to PA and using the cab sims? Have you (or anyone) compared with mic'ing the stage amp and turning off cab sims?

I've been considering a Tech 21 PE60 (or similar...suggestions appreciated) as my stage amp or similar for a while and wondering if others had experience.

Sorry for the late responds....But I haven't gotten to that stage yet. Have not had a chance to experiment yet. :)  Currently, I'm running the 4-cable method and I'm pretty happy with the sounds I can get.