Katana - Lost chorus on the booster/mod control after upgrade

Started by flagman, December 19, 2017, 10:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flagman

Hey guys - upgraded to new firmware recently, and I've noticed that I no longer have access to the chorus effect using the Booster/Mod control when in panel mode.  When I turn the control past the center point, it should switch from booster to the chorus (when the button LED is green).  Instead it just seems to switch to a different boostl.  The other MOD effects, on the orange and red setting, are still fine.  It's not an issue with the chorus effect itself being inoperable - I can tell it works because I can hear it in one of the factory presets.  It's just not available in panel mode.

Any ideas?

Everything else seems fine, the firmware upgrade went smoothly, and I know that we are not supposed to re-install the firmware if it's already installed, so not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance.

admin

Quote from: flagman on December 19, 2017, 10:14:43 AM
Hey guys - upgraded to new firmware recently, and I've noticed that I no longer have access to the chorus effect using the Booster/Mod control when in panel mode.  When I turn the control past the center point, it should switch from booster to the chorus (when the button LED is green).  Instead it just seems to switch to a different boostl.  The other MOD effects, on the orange and red setting, are still fine.  It's not an issue with the chorus effect itself being inoperable - I can tell it works because I can hear it in one of the factory presets.  It's just not available in panel mode.

Any ideas?

Everything else seems fine, the firmware upgrade went smoothly, and I know that we are not supposed to re-install the firmware if it's already installed, so not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance.

You are experiencing the new changed default Katana FX in the latest new firmware.

Its best to program your own desired FX and save into one of the Amp CH presets using Boss Tone Studio for Katana 

flagman

Thanks for the reply. That would be fine for a preset, and I could certrainly do that, but what if I just want to add some chorus to the current panel settings?  No way to recover it?

I was not aware that the FX had changed in V2.  Is it documented anywhere?
So what is the new mode now appearing in place of chorus - is it boost?  Which booster model is present under MOD when the LED is green?

flagman

I just checked the V2 manual, and it doesn't show anything different than the previous manual - when the boost/mod switch is green, the mod is supposed to be chorus, not another boost.

admin

Quote from: flagman on December 19, 2017, 10:37:26 AM
I just checked the V2 manual, and it doesn't show anything different than the previous manual - when the boost/mod switch is green, the mod is supposed to be chorus, not another boost.

Not the 1st time the Katana Documents  do not match the latest Katana Firmware