GT-1 - How do I assign my EV-5 as an expression pedal?

Started by littlebadboy, November 04, 2017, 08:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebadboy

Hello everyone!  I would like to keep the on-board pedal as a volume pedal but my EV-5 as an expression pedal such as a wah controller.  Can I do that? How?  It seems that I can only use it as a volume controller.

Thanks!

Elantric

Learn about making Control Assignments - common to most Boss gear

more here:
Learn to Program Roland/Boss MultiFX Processors
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88.0

Elantric

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19047.msg159749#msg159749

Kenni wrote>
QuoteHere's a new GT-1 Video Tutorial I made earlier today :)

It shows how to assign multiple parameters and change preamps.

Enjoy! :)

littlebadboy

Thanks Elantric! I still can't find how to assign my EV-5 as an FX pedal such as a wah.  The only choice I see is to assign it as a volume controller.

SilverFox

Long press (press and hold) the button for the external expression pedal for the list of available functions. Took me a while to figure this out as well.

edit: Apparently I am mistaken. I apologize! I was looking at the options under "FX2" rather than the "EX2". You're right, all I see is the option for volume control!

pkort

Here is the path:

• Memory Edit
  • turn the knob 1 clockwise to select one Assign (named A1 to A6), after the master section and different parts (from CT1 to EX2)
  • Enter
  • Assign:ON, Source:EXP2, Mode:Moment, Category:Pedal FX, Target:WahPdPos
I hope it works for you this time  ;)

SilverFox

Quote from: pkort on February 17, 2018, 02:21:48 AM
Here is the path:

• Memory Edit
  • turn the knob 1 clockwise to select one Assign (named A1 to A6), after the master section and different parts (from CT1 to EX2)
  • Enter
  • Assign:ON, Source:EXP2, Mode:Moment, Category:Pedal FX, Target:WahPdPos
I hope it works for you this time  ;)

Thank you for this!

gimme789

I can not get my Exp-2 to work as a Wah ... has anyone been able to do this ?   I followed the steps ... no luck .. I must be doing something wrong, or theres a step missing or incorrect ?!?!?    Can anyone help ?  thank you

admin

Quote from: gimme789 on October 18, 2018, 08:01:21 PM
I can not get my Exp-2 to work as a Wah ... has anyone been able to do this ?   I followed the steps ... no luck .. I must be doing something wrong, or theres a step missing or incorrect ?!?!?    Can anyone help ?  thank you

What make/model  Expression pedal are you using?
( it must be a Boss EV-5 or equivalent)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=33.0

gimme789

Yes - I have the EV-5 and I use it with the BR800 recorder.

admin

QuoteI would like to keep the on-board pedal as a volume pedal but my EV-5 as an expression pedal such as a wah controller.  Can I do that? How?  It seems that I can only use it as a volume controller.

Thanks!

https://www.boss.info/us/support/knowledge_base/115001670503/

GT-1: WAH CONTROL USING EXTERNAL EXPRESSION PEDAL EXP2
Back to Results

Tags: GT-1, Expression, EXP2, External, WAH, Expression Control
GT-1: WAH Control Using External Expression Pedal EXP2

Control the WAH with your external EXPRESSION PEDAL connected with 1/4" TRS cable to EXP2 Input Jack. (Use BOSS expression pedal: EV-5, EV-30, FV-500H or other). 

EXTERNAL WAH SET UP FOR EXP 2 AND VOL FOR EXP 1 FOR THE GT-1:

1. Press [MEMORY EDIT] to enter into Effects Chain View.

2. Use KNOB 1 to select PDL, should be highlighted - press [ENTER] - Use KNOB 3 to turn PDL ON.

3. With PDL selected - Turn PDL ON with KNOB 3, press [ENTER] - Select WAH TYPE - "CRYBABY" or desired WAH TYPE and any WAH PARAMETERS - Press [EXIT] to return to Effects Chain View.

In EFFECTS CHAIN VIEW,
4. Use KNOB 1 to select EX 1 (Expression 1) - press [ENTER] to enter EXP 1 MENU - use KNOB 1 and set to FOOT VOL - Press [EXIT] - to return to Effects Chain View.

In EFFECTS CHAIN VIEW,
5. Use KNOB 1 to select EX 2 (Expression 2) - press [ENTER] - use KNOB 1 and set FUNCTION to OFF - Press [EXIT] - to return to Effects Chain View.

In EFFECTS CHAIN VIEW,
6. Use KNOB 1 to select A1 (Assign 1) - press [ENTER] - use KNOB 1 to set ASSIGN to ON - use KNOB 2 to set SOURCE to EXP 2 (External Expression Pedal 2) - use KNOB 3 set the MODE to MOMENTARY.

7. Press ENTER to change to ASSIGN 1, PAGE 2 - use KNOB 1 to set CATEGORY to PEDAL FX - use KNOB 2 to set TARGET to WAHPDPOS (WAH Pedal Position) - Press [EXIT] - to return to Effects Chain View.

8. WRITE/SAVE your setting, Press [EXIT] + [ENTER] to the WRITE MENU - use KNOB 1 to select WRITE - use KNOB 1 to choose a preferred USER PATCH LOCATION to WRITE/SAVE your current PATCH to - press [ENTER] - Rename your PATCH if desired - press [ENTER] and select a GENRE for your patch, use KNOB 1 for GENRE 1  and use KNOB 3 for GENRE 2  - press [ENTER] again to finally WRITE/SAVE your PATCH setting changes.

9. Make sure that your EXTERNAL EXPRESSION PEDAL MIN-MAX RANGE KNOB is set to ZERO (0) so you have full range sweep with the WAH.

10. Test your EXP 2 External WAH. Make sure you PRESS TOE DOWN on your on board EXPRESSION PEDAL 1 to ACTIVATE and TURN ON PEDAL FX LED and WAH. Test the EXPRESSION PEDAL 2 external for audible check of the WAH EFFECT.
NOTE: To visually check the functionality of the EXP 2 PEDAL - In EFFECTS CHAIN VIEW - use KNOB 1 to select PDL - press [ENTER] twice to PEDAL FX PAGE 2 - use the EXP 2 EXTERNAL PEDAL and visually check the PDL POS values are changing from 0 to 100.

gimme789