$1000 for a NOS Axon 100?

Started by carlgt1, May 02, 2011, 11:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlgt1

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Axon-AX-100-MKII-Guitar-Midi-Converter-box-/280669327571

is this guy nuts?  I offered $300 for one and was quickly turned down!  :-)

can you think of a reason to pay $300 more than a new GR-55?

Elantric

Axon is a religion - and i bet he will get his $1000.

It used to retail for $1200 new

http://4beatz.com/proddetail~prod~axonax100.htm

carlgt1

aka there's a sucker born every minute!    ;D

Rhcole

Yow!

I bought my second Axon for 300 bucks a few years ago.

'Course it died on me later.

The first one cost me a grand and I sold it for $700.

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Chumly

I have an Axon AX100sb Mk1 with the Axon pickup. I did not realize there were people with such an earnestness to acquire one.  I guess I'll check the recently sold on eBay to confirm my selling price.  Since I have an FTP, GR-55, GR-30 I figure the AX100sb Mk1 is redundant even if it does have built-in sounds and is rack-mountable.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

montyrivers

Ftp = spiritual successor to Axon 100.  Same algorithm developed by the same guy.

abhijitnath

Wow. Any chance of me selling my Yamaha G50 for anywhere close to the same amount?:)

Elantric

abhijitnath

Wow. Not bad..thanks! *Gets to work*

patincunito

Two years ago I bought one for $ 600 with 13 pin cable and GK3 (not from eBay, second hand page of Italy. I'm from Argentina. It was an odyssey. But it was worth it!)

IMHO, for WinXP, Axon is the best. Unfortunately there is no drivers for Win 7 / Win 8.

Win XP: Axon
Win 7 / Win 8: FTP (no XP drivers!! :'()

I´m Axon fan. But if you don't use XP...
By the way: $1000???

Sorry for my english if I write like Tarzan, I don't speak English. I do my best for you guys understand me  ;)
Best regards!

Pato.
"Lo mejor que hizo la Vieja, es el Pibe que maneja"