POST your loop songs covers or original HERE?

Started by sean_b, November 15, 2012, 06:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean_b

guys i see up in vguitar section there is section for folks to upload their own tunes.
they seem to mainly gr 55 related.
maybe i missed it but is there a looper section where i can hear other folks looping songs? if not why not, dammit, said in best tough guy voice

cheers
sean b

Syph

I second this motion! (slams fist on table, and something else... like ... whiskey... or something... )

I have really wanted this as well, to the point that I have been searching youtube just for random looping artists (though I think having it on the forum, as opposed to youtube, would be really, really cool for the discussions and learning factor). There are few things as inspiring than seeing how people use the same tools for completely different whacked out stuff. Not to mention how we can use different gear to do the same stuff... but I like the first one more... ;D

If no one beats me to it or comes up with a better idea, I'll can start a thread in a few days with a vid or 2. I was going to do this anyway (probably), and then use it as an excuse to proclaim my love for this forum....

Would that be breaking any forum rules? (both the uploading vids for each other, and/or expressing forum love...  ::) )

And while we are at it, well played sean b... well played....  Have some karma for that! 8)

aliensporebomb

Whacked out stuff?

I do a lot of looping and a lot of live ambient music or guitar based music that has an ambient flair.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Syph

nice man! I have just gone through that gig on youtube, and let me just say thats a really nice way to kick of the day... Thanks!

I am a little disappointed the lighting isn't as psychedelic as the sound scape though....  ::)

Mrchevy

May be we could get an ADMIN to put a Sticky thread at the top for video and MP3's  :)
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

sean_b

Mrchevy

Very cool rendition sean b, I also really liked your Hard to Handle  rendition. I instantly saw Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reid hauling ars across the southeast with a truck load of beer and state troopers wrecking all over the place. ;)
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

sean_b

you're too kind, its so basic compared to aliens post above but i suppose music touches folks in different ways.
yeah man forgot about the hard to handle tune, was doing a bluegrass rock thing at the start of the yr ala hayseed dixie, our banjo player, not in the tune, was on fire, then his 1st kid came along and he jacked it, was good craic while it lasted, that was our 1st attempt at playing the tune with a few overdubs, good times

shawnb

All -

Just use the existing places for sharing songs on this forum! 

The forum's main video link is NOT GR-55/VG-99 specific:

Links to Videos:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=81.0

Also, given looper gear is discussed at VGuitarForums, I see no reason we couldn't this location either:

Vguitar Recordings (Share your VGuitar Recordings featuring the gear we discuss at VGuitarForums):
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=107.0

Shawn
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Mrchevy

Quote from: sean_b on November 17, 2012, 03:21:04 PM
you're too kind, its so basic compared to aliens post above but i suppose music touches folks in different ways.
It's not how many notes you play, but how you put them together. And yes, I've been known to play a clip or 2 of Aliens stuff while cleaning up in the studio. It keeps me calm while trying to unravel the spaghetti. ;)
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

Syph

Thanks for the heads up on that one shawnb, I hadn't found that section of the forums. Though I feel like a little bit of a hermit saying this, but I don't actually go anywhere else on this forum (he's a witch! BUUURRRN HIM!!!)....   Ahem...

I am here exclusively for the looping community (love you guys!) and the big reason I would love a sticky in here is just for the convenience of having a whole list of looping vids that I don't have to go searching for. I know, I am lazy...

I am curious if anyone else feels this way, or if anyone thinks it would be "wrong" to post links to vids in the looper section? (yes, I am kind of asking for permission. I don't have to leave my comfortable little looping hole here :p ...)

And because I said I would in an earlier post....

Its the first video I have ever uploaded... I hope YOU don't hate it random citizen!  ::)

Hopkins

Quote from: Syph on November 19, 2012, 12:26:58 AM
Thanks for the heads up on that one shawnb, I hadn't found that section of the forums. Though I feel like a little bit of a hermit saying this, but I don't actually go anywhere else on this forum (he's a witch! BUUURRRN HIM!!!)....   Ahem...

Ha!  Well, I am the Witchfinder General, so you'd better beware!

That said, I am pretty much the same - although I have recently been enjoying browsing the "Hi-Tech Guitar Gear" sub-forum too (I am particularly interested in sustainer systems at the moment).  I discovered the "Loopers" forum here early this year because it was about the only place on the net with any mention of the RC-300, and pretty much signed up on the strength of shawnb's First Day Notes thread.  That thread, and this forum, continue to grow which is great!

One thing which I would like to do at some point is to create an "RC-300 How To?" thread to list and explain how to achieve various techniques.  It seems a shame to me that my main contribution so far as been a "Feature Requests" thread, which seems a little negative, although I think it does the job reasonably well.  The only thing that concerns me about a "How To?" thread is that it would require even more updating, and so I think a wiki would be more suitable.  However, (a) I would need to invest a bit more time getting that sorted out, and (b) I would prefer if I could be a part of this forum.  Any suggestions?

Syph

In short, I am keen for the "how to" thread, and am more than happy to answer anything about my own work. Afraid I can't offer any brilliant suggestions on how to implement it yet....

Your feature request thread is AWESOME though! Seriously love your contributions around here man! :)

Threeleggedyoyo

How-to thread would be good. I've been meaning to post one with just some tips and tricks I'd wished I had figured out sooner.

A Wiki might be better, but a thread would be perfectly serviceable if it were well-moderated. All it would need is to be strictly how-tos without discussion in the thread itself. Each post would be a self-contained tutorial. A companion thread for discussion might be warranted, but keep the thread itself clean with nothing but Title: How to in each post.

Hopkins

Thanks, chaps!   Yes, perhaps a post by post How To thread would be better.  The only problem with that is you lose the ability to organise/re-order it afterwards.  Perhaps using the first post as a "contents" with a list of hyper-links to the subsequent posts would do the trick.

Threeleggedyoyo

Quote from: Hopkins on November 20, 2012, 12:07:35 AM
Thanks, chaps!   Yes, perhaps a post by post How To thread would be better.  The only problem with that is you lose the ability to organise/re-order it afterwards.  Perhaps using the first post as a "contents" with a list of hyper-links to the subsequent posts would do the trick.

I think that would be splendid.  8)

Syph

sean_b

hey syph, really enjoyed your vid, nice skills, keep it up

szilard

The song/tone poem coolDesertMorning at the link below is loop based. The loop is VG-99 midi out driving the pentagon softsynth in Sonar & the synth lead is VG-99.

https://sites.google.com/site/phoenixtaiji/music

Robert

tekrytor

Quote from: sean_b on November 21, 2012, 02:22:43 PM
hey syph, really enjoyed your vid, nice skills, keep it up

Me too, Syph! Nice work! Love that reverse outro thing you did.

Also, although the RC-300 is probably out of my league for a while at least, I've been following the recent threads on it and find the tips and sharing of experience highly informative, and much transferable to other looping gear or technology. Because of all this, I'm now trying to find floorspace for my GNX-4 to rev up my aging looper to apply some of what you guys are teaching me on the topic. Excellent vibes and spirit of info sharing. Lurking on...many thanks for the inspiration!
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

Threeleggedyoyo

Editing video/audio of a performance of one of my songs as we speak. Be afraid. Be very afraid...

Threeleggedyoyo

Here it is.

Darnit... freaking youtube messed up the cropping... it will look better if you hit the Watch on Youtube button.

Turn the annotations off unless you want my explanations of how my looping process works, and also my random comments.

shawnb

Great post, 3LYY!!!   Love the use of the RC50!!! 
Great song construction.   I don't recognize the tune - is it original?

Shawn
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Threeleggedyoyo

Quote from: shawnb on December 17, 2012, 02:33:04 PM
Great post, 3LYY!!!   Love the use of the RC50!!! 
Great song construction.   I don't recognize the tune - is it original?

Shawn

Glad to hear you liked it! Sometimes I get shy and just see my mistakes.

It's my song. I wrote it. :)

Syph

Loving the contributions guys! Keep it coming!
*I will add another vid shortly, I promise!*