GT-1000- Escapism - ambient held pad with solo lead tone

Started by Smash, September 01, 2018, 06:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

Quite a challenge this one recreating a version of my VG99 Escapism patch!

How to use: It's all controlled by Exp1.

Start with Exp1 all the way up.
Hit a chord then slowly depress Exp which will swell and tehn hold the chord about 1/3rd of the way through it's travel
Press down the remainder to bring in the lead tone to solo over the pad.

Being slow and gentle is key to effective use of this patch

Known issue - just the output block issue that because I'm using an amp for the lead tone to solo over the held pad, the amps cabinet IR is applied to the whole output which means the fidelity of the clean held pad is a bit mangled but it's not that bad.

OK so the sound hold FX works great on single notes but glitrches like Max Headroom on chords. Enter Terra Echo - in particular the freeze function.

So on the hold patch we have guitar going into compression to keep it level, then into foot volume for swell, then into Tera Echo which we use the freeze function on.

This goes into a split block with on one side the Poly Octave set with a low range setting to give a bass effect on the lower two strings - as it's got it's own path there's no direct level.

The other side of the block is an EQ with some automation courtesy of the wave function in assigns - I have set up 2 very tight filters at 250 and 325hz which go from anywhere from -7db to plus 7db. They are there to create movement by hoping to cycle fundamental frequencies up and down and try and mimic the individual string level control that happened in the original VG99 patch.

After that plain sailing into chorus and delay.

Now to the lead tone - pretty straight forward apart from the fact we have sacrificed the reverb block for the Terra echo freeze function. So to get a verb of sorts I use the master delay in shimmer verb mode but with no pitch shifting whatsoever - it sounds a bit like a particle verb.

Unforutnately it's mono so I've used an FX block as a chorus to give some stereo space but becasue I didn't want the guitar tone chorused they're out on their own in a separate paralle chain with no direct signal coming through.

There is a bit of automation to the Exp1 to make sure it triggers the swell and gain level of the amp in teh right places whilst also shutting off the signal to the pad side by zero-ing the compressor level.

It's probably not as complicated as it sounds.

Bragging rights: you cannot create any similar kind of patch on the Helix!

So does it live up to the VG99 version..... it's actually a lot closer than it has any right to be for none hex.

Tweak as you wish. EQ4 is being used only as a level control for the pad channel.

Headless68

sounds great!
will have a little play with this one :-)

(why can't I just sync patch data over BT from the Mac !!!!! - damn cables! )

aliendough

This sounds amazing and thanks for the explanation and video.  Really great high quality patch.   ;D :D

chrish

roachone

mjonesjr8

Krautrocker

loopman

Great, awesome work!  ;)  All my congrats, really

Smash, would it be possible to recreate the same type of patch with the SY-300?

Let me know,
Thanks

JiveTurkey

mchad

Jdanthony842

Quote from: mchad on May 26, 2019, 03:33:56 PM
Beautiful patch. And the playing too.

HOW DO I PUT IT ON THE GT1000 I CANT EVEN OPEN IT ON MY GALAXY S8 ONCE I DOWNLOADED IT.

admin

Most use  the Win or Mac version of Boss Tone Studio for GT-1000 to directly load our shared user created GT-1000 *.tsl patch files via USB cable 

But its possible on Android to import / export  GT-1000 *.tsl patch files you download

Read the Boss Tone Studio for GT-1000 Mobile manual (Page 22 to Import a *.tsl file into a Liveset
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-1000_BTS_mobile_eng04_W.pdf

D28boy

I've just got the green-1000 and can't find the "freeze" fx from Tera echo that you mention . Is it Sound hold ? Brilliant patch btw

eddiebellie

Soundz

Great patch. Very well put together. Thanks!

Boisdelac

pasha811

Great Sound!

Downloaded your VG99 version no FC300 here but I can make some assigns to EV5 ;D
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

kpk

PorkChopExpress

Joined the forum to pick up this patch. Great job!

fretfile

This is such a sweet "freeze" patch. Perfect for practicing lines over chords, or just etherial jamming. Thank you!

aliensporebomb

Once again Smash's patch wins again and he doesn't even own the device anymore!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Oggygoa

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!
I haven't had so much fun, pleasure and emotion to play for a while.
It sounds so good : crunch and clean are tasteful.
Thank you very much from the vet bottom of my pedalboard.
Alexis

Brent Flash