GT 100 v.2.02

Started by Mrchevy, April 27, 2014, 12:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrchevy

First off, I want to thank the Admins for setting up a forum section for the GT100.

Just did the update yesterday and spent a couple of hours running thru the goodies. First off, the editor seems to be adequate but a couple of observations....
1. I think visually it's fine but Gummies is much nicer to look at. (pedal chain)
2. It seems to work well in real time editing. (sending and receiving) 
3. It might be a little buggy yet as one thing I noticed was when I loaded it, it showed the presets along with the user patches but after saving an edited preset to a user patch, I went back and the presets were gone from the list. Restarting the editor brought the presets back to the list. Not sure what's up with that.
4. It sure would be nice to have a general basic tutorial from Roland/Boss on how to use it to it's full potential. I'm sure the videos will start popping up soon from somewhere. All I could find was one from a guy named Alex. It looked to be informative but it was in Spanish i think so I could only get a little of it. He did have a request to do it in english in his comments and he said he would try to get one up soon but nothing yet.

For the most part, it should be fairly easy to figure it out if you tinker with it enough.

As for the v.2.02, I spent most of the time running thru the presets. I have yet to compare the 2 versions preset list but it seems to me that there are a lot of changes in the presets in v. 2.02. (new? modified? not really sure but there sure seems to be a lot more usable sounds coming from the little black box now. I got thru about half the presets starting at the P50-4 going backwards and found a lot to be nice or at least usable as a starting point. I will give Boss kudos on that. Hopefully more users will add their inputs and findings/experiences here and develop an overall perspective of how well Boss did with this. This just being initial and un-indepth use so far, I'm liking the update AND.........coming from Boss, grateful.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

gumtown

If you need the GT-100/GT001 midi implementation, it is contained within the Tone Central program,
for windows look here

C:\Program Files (x86)\BOSS TONE STUDIO for GT\_assets\data\addressmap_gt.json
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

supernicd

I see this is out now.  Anyone grabbed it and have thoughts on it?   Hoping I have time to download and check it out tonight or later this week.

From the demos, the new FX models they've added sound really cool, particularly the Tera Echo.
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

gumtown

Have had it installed for the last 2 weeks,
haven't really had much time with it apart from a cursury skim though the new Preset patches and a quick look at the new added stuff.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

supernicd

Oops - I had created another post with the exact same subject - missed this one!

I'm also grateful for the creation of the GT-100 sub-boards.  I haven't paid quite enough attention to my GT-100 since I bought it, and neither has the internet.  I guess there are so many toys, so little time, but really I think the GT-100 is a home run from Boss.  I think it's their best, most realistic COSM ever both in terms of sound and realistic play feel, and the UI design is really quick, slick, and intuitive.  To me it seems like a major leap forward over the other GT-series MFXs I've owned.

I haven't done the 2.02 upgrade yet but its on my must-do list for this week.  Looking forward to checking out the new MDP FX, particularly the tera echo.  Almost unprecedented for Roland to give away so many new, free features in a product upgrade.  Maybe they're feeling the pain from so many companies that have adopted this buyer-remorse-prevention model.  Anyway, will definitely share my thoughts after i check it out.

I notice the GT-100 and GT-001 patch sharing boards are one in the same.  Are the patches interchangeable?

VG-99, GR-55, GP-10

gumtown

Quote from: SuperNiCd on May 13, 2014, 05:00:34 AM
I notice the GT-100 and GT-001 patch sharing boards are one in the same.  Are the patches interchangeable?
Yes - if using the Boss Tone Studio editor.

supernicd

I finally had a chance to check out the 2.0 firmware.  Installation was seamless and easy.  Had a stroll through the new presets and tried out the new amps and FX models individually.  I really dig the sound of the Tera Echo.

Of slight disappointment is that (at least I don't think) you can use the Tera Echo and Overtone together in the GT-100.  They're both only available in the FX2 block.  Given that they were handed to me in a free upgrade though, I'm not going to complain too much about that. :)
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10

kingjahrome

Elantric

QuoteUpdate history
[ Ver.1.01 ]
Bug Fix
The following bug was fixed.
Edits made in BOSS TONE STUDIO for GT were sometimes not applied to GT-001 or GT-100 Ver.2.

No Doubt this "bug fix" caused the Delay in the Boss GP-10 Tone Studio development too

gumtown

Seems to be the same reoccurring problem..

Update history

[ Ver.2.03 ]
Bug Fix
The following bugs were fixed. •When PREAMP was set to a specific value, the sound sometimes did not play as set.
•Changes made in BOSS TONE STUDIO were sometimes not applied correctly on the GT-100.
•MIDI System Exclusive messages were sometimes not received correctly.
[ Ver.2.02 ]
Bug Fix
The following bug was fixed. •Inconsistencies in some parameter values occur when using BOSS TONE STUDIO for GT.
[ Ver.2.01 ]
Bug Fix
The following bug was fixed. •A problem in which edits made to GT-100 Ver.2 failed to be applied to BOSS TONE STUDIO for GT was corrected.

Mrchevy

Quote from: gumtown on May 30, 2014, 01:58:40 PM
Seems to be the same reoccurring problem..

Hopefully they will get it right by v.2.99 cuz you know there sure as hell won't be a v.3.0 from Boss  :-X. Gummy.......Straiten em out !
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

gumtown

A new firmware update is available, version 2.10

https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/gt-100/updates_drivers/
https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/gt-100/updates_drivers/7172d7ae-7c14-4ab0-a105-d8faba48d4a0/
Update history
[ Version 2.10 ]
Functionality Improvements
Periodic sending of MIDI pitch bend sensitivity was stopped.
Support for GT-100 Driver Ver.2.1 was added.
GT-001 Driver Ver.2.1 has been provided with a function for switching the sampling rate.

* Use the GT-100 Ver.2.10 in combination with GT-001 Driver Ver.2.1.