Roland JC 40 com a GR 55

Started by Rodrigo Schwarz, November 24, 2016, 11:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodrigo Schwarz

Finalmente, consegui montar o rig ideal para unir os sons da minha Pod HD 500x e da minha Roland G55. Comprei um amplificador Roland JC 40 e agora consigo usar a POD e o GR 55 ao mesmo tempo. E as duas em estéreo, graças ao JC 40! Com a minha banda, eu estava tocando apenas com a POD (conectada em mono em uma caixa ativa do estúdio onde ensaiamos) e usava o GR 55 somente em casa, para experimentos e gravações. Mas agora eu ligo minha guitarra (a saída dos captadores convencionais) na Pod e a pedaleira em estéreo nos conectores da direita e da esquerda do painel frontal do JC. A saída do captador GK 3 vai para a Roland GR 55, que é ligada em estéreo no loop de efeitos do JC. Assim, posso deixar o volume da guitarra no zero enquanto faço um som com a Roland, por exemplo. Dai abaixo o volume do captador GK 3 e toco com um timbre da POD – ou os dois juntos, mas, em uma banda, é muito fácil isso ficar uma maçaroca. Hehehe Posso também programar um som da POD para o alto-falante da direita e o da GR 55 para o da esquerda, por exemplo. Sem falar do timbre limpo do próprio JC 40, que é lendário. Para os sons limpos, tenho usado ele com o chorus do próprio amplificador, passando pela POD, onde programei um patch sem efeitos e sem amplicador (não é a mesma coisa que colocar a guitarra direto no amplificador, já que o POD converte o sinal, mas não deteriora tanto assim a qualidade do sinal da guitarra. Tolerável). Recomendo o amplificador para quem tem modeladores e synths. Em breve postarei fotos do setup!
GR-55 – VG-8EX - Esp Eclipse Standard 2 Amber Cherry Sunburst with GK-2A – Godin Multiac ACS SA - Gianinni Stratosonic (brazilian strat copy) whith EMG pickups – Roland JC 40

Rodrigo Schwarz

Aqui está. Preciso dar um jeito nos cabos hehehe
GR-55 – VG-8EX - Esp Eclipse Standard 2 Amber Cherry Sunburst with GK-2A – Godin Multiac ACS SA - Gianinni Stratosonic (brazilian strat copy) whith EMG pickups – Roland JC 40

Breno

Rodrigo, ficou muito bacana!!!
Agora eu acho que pode ser outra solução para você quando não poder levar JC, seria o pedal LS2- 2 da BOSS.
Mas se este não for o problema (de levar o JC) ficou sensacional!

QuoteRodrigo, it was very cool !!!
Now I think it might be another solution for you when you can not take JC, it would be the BOSS LS2- 2 pedal.
But if this is not the problem (to take the JC) it was sensational!
Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS200, VG-99, GR-55, FC-300 e US-20.

Breno

Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS200, VG-99, GR-55, FC-300 e US-20.

Elantric

Translation from 1st post

Finally, I was able to assemble the ideal rig to join the sounds of my Pod HD 500x and my Roland G55. I bought a Roland JC 40 amplifier and now I can use POD and GR 55 at the same time. And the two in stereo, thanks to JC 40! With my band, I was only playing with POD (connected in mono in an active box in the studio where we rehearsed) and used the GR 55 only at home for experiments and recordings. But now I plug my guitar (the output of the conventional pickups) into the Pod and the stereo pedal into the right and left connectors of the JC front panel. The output of the GK 3 pickup goes to the Roland GR 55, which is connected in stereo to the JC effects loop. So, I can leave the volume of the guitar at zero while I make a sound with Roland, for example. Turn down the volume of the GK 3 pickup and play with a POD timbre - or the two together, but in a band, it's very easy to get a dick. Hehehe I can also program a POD sound for the right speaker and the GR 55 for the left, for example. Not to mention the clean tone of JC 40 itself, which is legendary. For the clean sounds, I have used it with the chorus of the amplifier itself, through the POD, where I programmed a patch without effects and without amplicador (it is not the same thing that put the guitar straight in the amplifier, since POD converts the signal, But it does not deteriorate so much the quality of the signal of the guitar. I recommend the amplifier for those who have modellers and synths. Soon I will post photos of the setup!

Rodrigo Schwarz

Translation from 1st post:

Finally, I was able to assemble the ideal rig to join the sounds of my Pod HD 500x and my Roland G55.  I bought a Roland JC 40 amplifier and now I can use POD and GR 55 at the same time. And the two in stereo. With my band, I was only playing with the POD (connected in mono in an FRFR) and used the GR 55 only at home for experiments and recordings. But now I plug my guitar (the output of the conventional pickups) into the Pod and the stereo of the modeler into the right and left connectors of the JC front panel. The output of the GK 3 pickup goes to the Roland GR 55, which is connected in stereo to the JC effects loop. So, I can leave the volume of the guitar at zero while I make a sound with the Roland, for example. Turn down the volume of the GK 3 pickup and play with a POD tone - or the two together, but in a band, it's very easy to its became a mess. Hehehe I can also program a POD sound for the right speaker and the GR 55 for the left, for example. Not to mention the clean tone of JC 40 itself, which is so good. For the clean sounds, I have used it with the chorus of the amplifier itself, through the POD, where I programmed a patch without effects and without amplifiers (it is not the same thing that put the guitar straight in the amplifier, since the POD converts the signal, But it does not deteriorate so much the quality of the signal of the guitar). I recommend the amplifier for those who have modellers and synths.

Rodrigo Schwarz

Quote from: Breno on November 28, 2016, 03:01:15 AM
Rodrigo, ficou muito bacana!!!
Agora eu acho que pode ser outra solução para você quando não poder levar JC, seria o pedal LS2- 2 da BOSS.
Mas se este não for o problema (de levar o JC) ficou sensacional!

Obrigado, Breno. Usei ele com a banda no domingo e tudo ocorreu direitinho. Claro, levará um tempo para eu me acostumar a usar os dois equipamentos em conjunto. Mas tudo é uma questão de prática. Em uma das músicas, fiz uma introdução com um patch Strings da GR 55. Dai, baixei o volume do captador GK3 levantei o dos captadores convencionais e toquei o verso só com timbre limpo com chorus do JC 40. Depois, só usei uma distorção da POD com o Roland. E no último refrão baixei o som da guitarra e usei um patch de piano da GR 55. Claro, tudo isso errando muito na coordenação dos botões. Hehehe Mas vou continuar treinando. Mesmo assim, a banda amou o resultado. E comprei um organizador de cabos, o que deu um jeito na bagunça:
http://www.americanas.com.br/produto/10523551/fita-espiral-para-organizador-de-cabos-3-4-2-mts-preto-hellermann?WT.srch=1&condition=NEW&epar=&epar=bp_pl_00_go_fj_todas_geral_gmv&gclid=CJ6GgPX5y9ACFYWBkQod7H4MLw&opn=YSMESP&sellerId=1725627000504

Translation post:
Thank you, Breno. I used it with the band on Sunday and everything went well. Sure, it will take a while for me to get used to using the two equipments together. But it's all a matter of practice. In one of the songs, I made an introduction with a Strings patch  of the GR 55. So, I turn down the volume of the GK3 pickup, I picked up the one of the conventional pickups and played the verse only with clean chorus of the JC 40. Then I only used a distortion of the POD with the Roland. And in the last chorus I turn down the guitar sound and I used a GR 55 piano patch. Of course, all this making a lot of erros with the knobs hehehe. But I'll keep training. Even so, the band loved the result. And I bought a cable organizer, Solved the problem of the mess with the cables: