VG99 flight cased + FC300 + CB-VG9 carry bag + PDS10 stand

Started by Smash, December 24, 2017, 03:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

Now on eBay.

Located UK. £750

alexmcginness

??? Why are you dumping your 99? Youve done some amazing stuff on that gear. Loved the demo of All right Now.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Smash

If I was in a covers band  (or any band!) Itd be staying put but I cant seem to find any local bands. I haven't played electruc for at least 4 months - these days it's either VAX acoustic or my Martin.

In a month or so I should be down to 3 acoustics, the iPad and FTP with no electrics in sight!

alexmcginness

Shame. youre such a great electric player. Ive got old electrics that I dont use anymore but theyre not goin anywhere because you never know whats gonna happen in the future. My old Les Pauls live mostly in their cases because of the VG 99 and the odd time I plug in my Marshall Blues Breaker but those pieces will always be mine. To each his own though. Best of luck in the future.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

chrish

Quote from: alexmcginness on December 24, 2017, 05:28:32 AM
??? Why are you dumping your 99? Youve done some amazing stuff on that gear. Loved the demo of All right Now.
agree, that nylon escapism video was really nice.

alexmcginness

Keep your 99 and the electric that you use with it and write and record your own projects and market them on youtube. If you need to play live do what I do and use backing tracks and play and sing live over them. You dont need to be in a band to make a living playing music. Do a demo reel and approach those that need soundtrack music. Youre too talented to pack this in and I think that as time passes youll regret doing it. Just my 2c.

Headless68

....with great power, comes great responsibility - Scott, I'm a plus one on keep the VG99 :-)

Headless (voice of experience!)

arkieboy

I had gotten to this point a few years ago - at 38 I'd moved from Birmingham (where I had grown up with my musician's network) down to Oxford(ish), my originals band died a death due to apathy and 60 miles just to play a covers gig didn't seem worthwhile when the band didn't share my work ethic.  Then I had a bumpy ride in my new job and at 40 it looked like music was over for good.  A year later I bought myself a nice classical guitar with my 40th birthday money (took a while to find what I wanted), bought the music for Bach's Lute Suites and I never expected to pick up my electrics ever again yet alone stand in front of an audience.

Since then I've recored three albums, toured in Europe twice, found my fizzog gurning out of youtube, bought an Axon AX100 Mk II, a VG88 and then a VG99, a really nice Strat, a Brian Moore iGuitar, some bass pedals, a Supernova II rack, and EMu E5000, and at 54 I have two more albums on the go.

It's never over until you're pushing up the daisies: you might decide that by the time you're back in a band, the VG will be obsolete so the right time is to cut and run is now while it has value, and that would be a solid choice from an accountant's perspective.  But honestly I can't think of any single bit of gear that is as much fun to mess around with, and its also a halfway decent midi/audio interface.

(ed to cut 'size' directives from a cut and paste)
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

alexmcginness

For the sellers own good and future peace of mind... I officially boycott this sale! 

;-)

chrish

Quote from: alexmcginness on December 25, 2017, 04:43:10 AM
For the sellers own good and future peace of mind... I officially boycott this sale! 

;-)
agree. The U.S. joins Canada for the common good, continued peace and prosperity between are our countries and the UK.

It's too early in this process to talk about imposing gear sanctions, but if the sale goes through that option is on the table.  ;D

Actually it looks like somebody's going to get a good deal on that package.

I hadn't looked at Rack cases in a while and that top loader works well for the VG 99.

Smash

Ha-ha! love you guys  :)

Thank you for trying to steer me right but I think my time with 13 pin is done.

The most pleasure I'm getting currently is just picking up my acoustic - there are so many tones to be had in that bit of wood you kind of realise what's "missing" with processors sometimes

gumbo

Quote from: Smash on December 27, 2017, 12:21:04 AM
Ha-ha! love you guys  :)

Thank you for trying to steer me right but I think my time with 13 pin is done.

The most pleasure I'm getting currently is just picking up my acoustic - there are so many tones to be had in that bit of wood you kind of realise what's "missing" with processors sometimes

...well, Headless is away right now, but I BET he's reading this somewhere and wishing he was in Notts just now and beating a path to your door.....   8)
..shame we missed each other in April..   :(

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Headless68

Reading this from Orlando right now - slightly warmer than NYC (but not that much)

:-)

My view is there are plenty of 99's about ready for when Scott realises what he's missing - it won't take long - 'told you so' incoming

I'm working on planning a trip to Oz with Jax & you will be on the itinerary Peter :-)

gumbo

Quote from: Headless68 on January 01, 2018, 08:10:55 PM
Reading this from Orlando right now - slightly warmer than NYC (but not that much)

:-)

My view is there are plenty of 99's about ready for when Scott realises what he's missing - it won't take long - 'told you so' incoming

I'm working on planning a trip to Oz with Jax & you will be on the itinerary Peter :-)

...YAY  !!!!   ;D
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Smash

OK..........YES...........RIGHT............S T O P !! ! ! ! ! !

Received no interest. You missed your chance. Changed my mind  - actually had my mind changed for me (see above lol!)

No longer available.

sixeight

Quote from: Smash on January 11, 2018, 04:02:28 AM

Received no interest. You missed your chance. Changed my mind  - actually had my mind changed for me (see above lol!)

No longer available.

The wandering sheep returns home to the flock!!!

alexmcginness

Quote from: Smash on January 11, 2018, 04:02:28 AM

No longer available.

YES!!!!!!! Welcome home.

Headless68

....couldn't take the 'told ya so' :-)

Right decision

Smash

No go on - rub it in good and hard - it'll stop me doing this again lol!

aliensporebomb

I've been away for a bit due to a lots of things happening (death in the family, one of my oldest friends had a heart attack and needed a double bypass etc) and read this whole thread with growing horror until I saw the changing of the mind.  Phew!

That's not many of these VG-99 dedicated programmer guys around and you are one of them.

Got really worried for a second.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

chrish

Smash

Haha! I see what you did there :)

Sorry to hear about your friend Todd :( - thanks for kind words buddy but it was you who inspired me :)

Headless68