SY-300 - sharing group on Soundcloud

Started by ericlmr, November 03, 2015, 10:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericlmr

Hi all

I've created a group on soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/groups/sy300

that would be great if some of you SY300 users could post some sounds made with this machine. The goal is to share what we can do with it, and exchange around these sound samples...

chrish

That's interesting. I've been thinking about sampling the sy300 and then triggering the sample with midi guitar. I'm not however familar with soundcloud other then seeing the links on this forum.

ericlmr

Quote from: chrish on November 03, 2015, 12:34:33 PM
That's interesting. I've been thinking about sampling the sy300 and then triggering the sample with midi guitar. I'm not however familar with soundcloud other then seeing the links on this forum.

thanks  :)
when I said samples, I am actually talking about small wave sound files,  recorded from the SY300. They usually do not last long , just a few seconds. Just to give a flavor of what I am trying to create with the SY.

chrish

I think that your use of the word samples was correct. You can however post those here and also share your sy-300 patches. I'd like to hear those, but i don't know the ways of soundcloud as of yet, just like i don't know the ways of youtube (or amazon :-) If i click on an product related video it  loads fast and plays. If i click on a forum members video or another musicians performance, it never loads. I mentioned sampling the sy 300 and using midi to trigger that sample because doing so would almost be like having 2 sy units playing together. Those sy samples could also be input back into the sy and trigger the oscs or use the fxs. Lots of possibilies.