Black Rainbow Day (metal instrumental)

Started by DethoticA, July 18, 2017, 02:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DethoticA

Hi Guys,

Please check out my latest song, any constructive criticism is much appreciated as well questions about recording chain etc.  All synth effects recorded with the help of Roland GR-55

whippinpost91850

Excellent. I really liked this one. Love the video images as well

Mrchevy

I don't usually "criticize" others work, but if you want my opinion, I'll be glad to offer it. I'm not much of a dark, death metal kinda person but I do like to rock. I think the music has great composition and it breathes (not constant bombardment of notes and riffs at 180 MPH). It has space and dynamics. A+. The video is on par for the music, all be it a bit gruesome for my personal taste. My only criticism is the video is a bit of a visual overload. As in at times, very busy and also not very smooth at times, which for me, makes it hard to watch because I get motion sickness pretty easy. But thats just me. I have listened to some of your other stuff and it is all top notch in my opinion. MUCHO CUDOS!!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

DethoticA

Many thanks for your replies

I totally agree about the video. Personally, I do not like borrowing some trending videos and then trying to fit them in to my music, it does not work most of the time and it takes ages! I would be more than happy just to use some cool, still pictures and that's it BUT it proved in the past that youtube dwellers only interested in something unusual and some sort of videos otherwise your music marked down and ignored.