GK-3 questions

Started by axisus, January 01, 2018, 10:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axisus

I have a GK-3 pickup that I haven't used for some years so I don't remember how it works so well, I have a few generic questions about it

I want to make a midi only headless guitar. I plan to use the GK-3 but embed it inside the body so that it can't be seen, so I'm taking off the casing. I can't remember now, does it matter which way around the actual pickup is? Does the cable have to come in by the low E string?

If it is midi only, no magnetic pickups, do I need to have the 1/4 inch cable going to a jack input or can I just ignore that?

Ideally I'd like to extend the 13 pin connection point away by somewhere between 1-3 inches. Is there any kind of short cable available to extend it or would I have to buy a long cable and trim it really short?

Any answers much appreciated!

gumtown

pickup orientation depends on which type of device you will plug your 13 pin GK analog hexaphonic pickup into.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gumbo

FWIW, I have built the "short extension cable" (from imbedded 'previously-external GK pickup) for others in the past..  ;)
PM me for more details if that ends up the way you decide to go on this build.

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...