Mode Machines Vped VST host Pedal

Started by LinzHenderson, April 19, 2013, 07:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

Thanks for that - does it run midi guitar 2 or are you using the original version?

I'm trying to work out the cpu hit as it's a celeron g1610 2.6ghz to work out how much guitar stuff I could use with, say, one decent synth instance

admin

Quote from: Smash on February 23, 2018, 08:24:25 AM
Thanks for that - does it run midi guitar 2 or are you using the original version?

I'm trying to work out the cpu hit as it's a celeron g1610 2.6ghz to work out how much guitar stuff I could use with, say, one decent synth instance

I'm curious what the VPED Operating system is  - ( I assume its Linux? )

Smash

Winux- based on Linux.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one - can always resell. I did email jam origin but they can't say whether mg2 will run or not but they do have 14 day money back guarantee so night be worth a go. Like the idea of Native B4 on it - awesome Hammond!

imerkat

No but it's possible. You'll have to extract the VST from the installer for it to work.

Depends what angle you take. I was building rigs out of Single effect VST's and I wasn't getting better sounds than one good multieffects. It can run Guitar Rig, Reaktor, and Kontakt (without multi channel reverbs per string). Dedicated Reverbs will eat it up quick.

Smash

Is that Guitar Rig free or the "full fat" 5 Pro?

Sorry for all questions but there just isn't much info out there :)

imerkat

Quote from: Smash on February 26, 2018, 02:24:53 AM

Sorry for all questions but there just isn't much info out there :)

it's OK i took i was asking myself these questions before i bought it too; slim version that came with TriplePlay. I leave the library and resource files on a USB Drive (128gb) only the player needs to be loaded.

I have to say i have the Pro version which has more memory. I am going to make some quick tutorials for synth guitarist around spring but hopefully earlier (I'm currently in the process of moving)

mczero

If you really want one, make an offer or put a watch on and wait. They might make you an offer, like I said in the original post. It said the deal would time out in 24 hours. (Original post seems to have been taken down for some reason.) I didnt just make it up, and by the way I have no involvement in Mode Machines. I posted to help someone on the forum who might be interested. So thanks for putting the link back up. (They will sell for 449 Euros, if you make an offer.)

Hippolytus126

Hello all,

I've created a Vped user group on Facebook. This group has been created to share any tips and tricks related to the mode machines vped unit. This space can serve to share our knowledge of the functionality of the unit, where the manual sometimes falls short, and the list of 32-bit compatible plugins is shrinking day by day. This unit is still very useful and uniquea, even though the tech seems somewhat outdated. Let's band together and make this an even more useful tool!

Please join and share your user insights!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1278866852459888/

mczero

Quote from: mczero on April 24, 2020, 05:46:38 AM
If you really want one, make an offer or put a watch on and wait. They might make you an offer, like I said in the original post. It said the deal would time out in 24 hours. (Original post seems to have been taken down for some reason.) I didnt just make it up, and by the way I have no involvement in Mode Machines. I posted to help someone on the forum who might be interested. So thanks for putting the link back up. (They will sell for 449 Euros, if you make an offer.)
They seem to have sold out now. Used is probably the only option left.